X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by chan_bkny
    all the spoken word/instrumental albums by Black Flag...
    I dunno...the Henry Rollins tracks were fairly interesting, yet I'll agree that the instrumentals were virtually unlistenable.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

W.A.S.P. "Helldorado"

Wow, I forgot this turkey. "Dirty balls", "Don`t Cry (Just Suck", "Saturday Night Cockfight", yes, it`s as bad as it sounds.

The worst album in my collection.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        Albums that REALLY let me down:

Iron Maiden- X factor. I know there's no Bruce, but can't the band play their instruments????
        I don't think this album sounds bad, Blaze wasn't the right guy for the band, but he fits nicely for that dark mood on that album....plus Blaze did an awesome job with his old band Wolfsbane...DLR/VH fans will love at least a couple of songs of their first disc!!!

But I'll tell you something....stay away from Iron Maiden's Virtual XI, that disc is fucking uninspired!!!
        www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Andy Taylor
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

I love almost all of Virtual XI. The song most people hate is Angel and the Gambler, but I think it's a great The Who/Status Quo/esque 70s style song. Como estais is beautiful.

I'm yet to check out Wolfsbane.

Comment

• Reverberator
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            Do it. Sparkie and I don't ALWAYS agree on everything, but we're eye to eye on Blaze Bayley being a HIGHLY underrated performer/writer/singer.

He's a fucking dynamic performer and an outstanding dude to boot. Terrible, terrible shame about his wife.
            He is a few of those things but he is also one of the most big headed fuckers I have ever seen , saw his band at a mini festival back in the summer and the shit he was spouting to the sparse crowd was unreal, completly turned me off him.

Good job Voodoo Six were on form.
            Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
            the chazzers are so lucky
            so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Andy Taylor
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

He speaks about things that are important to him. He strikes me as an intelligent guy.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
                I don't think this album sounds bad, Blaze wasn't the right guy for the band, but he fits nicely for that dark mood on that album....plus Blaze did an awesome job with his old band Wolfsbane...DLR/VH fans will love at least a couple of songs of their first disc!!!

But I'll tell you something....stay away from Iron Maiden's Virtual XI, that disc is fucking uninspired!!!
                I found Virtual XI a little better than X Factor only because of The Clansman, which was good enough that Maiden did it with Bruce on the reunion tour back in 1999.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
                  I love almost all of Virtual XI. The song most people hate is Angel and the Gambler, but I think it's a great The Who/Status Quo/esque 70s style song. Como estais is beautiful.

I'm yet to check out Wolfsbane.

Angel and the Gambler is the best song off that album....well, actually should be, but Steve Harris fucked up the song with that disturbing repetitive chorus "don't you think I'm gonna save you"...WTF Blaze sings that like a thousand times.....

It's a cool song that gets really boring!!!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

"Diamond Dave" on Magna Carta, the only misgiven purchase I made only because I trusted Fearless Leader and bought it the day after it came out without hearing it.

I hated that fucking thing, it's somewhere in the weeds of the cloverleaf of the downtown freeway interchange..

What a sorrowful waste, I coulda bought toilet paper with that money!

Comment

• SparkieD
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Reverberator
                      He is a few of those things but he is also one of the most big headed fuckers I have ever seen , saw his band at a mini festival back in the summer and the shit he was spouting to the sparse crowd was unreal, completly turned me off him.

Good job Voodoo Six were on form.

Either he was drunk or Deb had just fallen ill. He's a really nice guy and thinks very highly of his fans. Last year was fuckin' rough for him and the band.
                      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• SparkieD
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
                        Angel and the Gambler is the best song off that album....well, actually should be, but Steve Harris fucked up the song with that disturbing repetitive chorus "don't you think I'm gonna save you"...WTF Blaze sings that like a thousand times.....

It's a cool song that gets really boring!!!
                        'Arry fucked up that song with that chorus and that damned Hammond organ! Fer fucks sake, what was he thinkin'?
                        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                        Originally posted by rustoffa
                        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Reverberator
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                          Either he was drunk or Deb had just fallen ill. He's a really nice guy and thinks very highly of his fans. Last year was fuckin' rough for him and the band.
                          Maybe so ... perhaps it was just one of those nights for him , but it left an impression and not a great one.... especially as it was a 'local' gig for him as he's a Midlander.
                          Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                          the chazzers are so lucky
                          so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Vanessa
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2007

fall out boy- from under the cork tree

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"Live at the Scene Club" by Jimi Hendrix (featuring Jim Morrison)

A bad bootleg of Jimi jamming.

Then Morrison shows up and shouts "Fuck her in the Ass!", like a hundred times.

Yes, it is hilarious.

However, some kid could buy that CD as their first Hendrix album and vow to never buy another.

Fuckin` exploitive crap.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by SparkieD
                                'Arry fucked up that song with that chorus and that damned Hammond organ! Fer fucks sake, what was he thinkin'?
                                hehehe actually I enjoyed the hammond organ....

Judas Priest's Nostradamus is really awful with the exception of a couple of songs!!!

Comment

Working...