Say goodbye, Dream another Dream, this dream is over.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TongueNGroove
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Say goodbye, Dream another Dream, this dream is over.

You will never hear or see Ed like this again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2qd71quO0 And yes it's with sammy, but it doesn't get any better.

It's over folks. The dream is over, but thankfully the legend lives. This messageboard is yesterdays news. Wolfie proved that.

Sad, but true.
    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    You will never hear or see Ed like this again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2qd71quO0 And yes it's with sammy, but it doesn't get any better.

It's over folks. The dream is over, but thankfully the legend lives. This messageboard is yesterdays news. Wolfie proved that.

Sad, but true.
    Wow,
    Not only do you quote a Hagar song in the title.. but you link us to a vid of Sammy and Ed.
    Are you at the wrong place?
    Breasts,
    Sarge
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• TongueNGroove
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

It's about ED, not Sammy....We all know Ed made VH what it is.

The vid is just an example of Ed at his best.

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Looks like someone is gunning for a fight...............

Why come on a message board and tell us we're defunct?

I think we all realize that it'll never be 1982 again, but that doesn't mena they'll be no CVH......
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Why, if it isn't TongueN'Ass. Never figured you for an Ed'tard Sheep peep though...

If anything, you could have played a video from the 1981 Fair Warning tour, or even from the 1984 tour, as anything Ed did on guitar with Sammy and Van Hagar paled in comparison and simply wasn't as good as his writing and playing with CVH. And a lot of posters at the Links who like Sam WILL actually agree with that.

So, what's your point? The last time spEd played well on a consistent, night-in night-out basis was supposedly on the VHIII Abortion & Letdown Tour® ten years ago...no one accused him of that the last go around with Sammy in 04, that's for sure!
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-20-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by binnie
            Looks like someone is gunning for a fight...............

Why come on a message board and tell us we're defunct?

Yeah, no one can talk about Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd on a messageboard now, because they're now "defunct."

What fucking sense does that make? I talk about WWII on a messageboard, and it's been over for 64 fucking years now!

Van Halen, in all its incarnations, is culturally relevant. So, if this mental midget wants to base everything on how well Eddie is currently playing, then have at it and fuck off already and stop posting on the internets about it.

I hear the Jonas Bros. are at their peak now, have at it TongueNAss!

Comment

• TongueNGroove
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

Well, the song fit... and so does ED's playing.

This may be a DLR website, but truth is you wouldn't even know who DLR is without ED, so show some repsect.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, the song fit... and so does ED's playing.
                And most of his best playing was between the years of 1976 and 1984, so we could have all fucking ended it when Dave left...

This may be a DLR website, but truth is you wouldn't even know who DLR is without ED, so show some repsect.
                Maybe. But there's also a chance that most people wouldn't know who the Van Halens were without Dave's mojo and promoting. Without Dave, Ed was just another great guitar savant. Does the average person know who Jeff Beck or Joe Satriani is? They may have just been a maestro wannabe cult act if not for Dave. As it is, Ed is now ranked FUCKING 48th as a guitarist by Rolling Stone! Why do you think that is? Who should show some respect?

Do you even know who's idea it was to call themselves "Van Halen" was?

And I blame spEd for a lot of mistakes and for being a complete asshole in his dealings, especially around the 1996 MTV debacle. He could have rekindled things. He could have changed the band's name when Sam came aboard. There's a lot of things that could have been done...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But okay, I'll play the game.

Who do you think is "disrespecting Ed" around here and why?

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    And most of his best playing was between the years of 1976 and 1984, so we could have all fucking ended it when Dave left...

Maybe. But there's also a chance that most people wouldn't know who the Van Halens were without Dave's mojo and promoting. Without Dave, Ed was just another great guitar savant. Does the average person know who Jeff Beck or Joe Satriani is? They may have just been a maestro wannabe cult act if not for Dave. As it is, Ed is now ranked FUCKING 48th as a guitarist by Rolling Stone! Why do you think that is? Who should show some respect?

Do you even know who's idea it was to call themselves "Van Halen" was?

And I blame spEd for a lot of mistakes and for being a complete asshole in his dealings, especially around the 1996 MTV debacle. He could have rekindled things. He could have changed the band's name when Sam came aboard. There's a lot of things that could have been done...

Ed writes great songs, doesnt really matter who sings them. You have proven that yourself with all your Sammy bashing. Samy sucks ass, yet VH lives on. Explain that one....

Do you think I am a n00b when it comes to VH? Yah, they were called Mammoth when Gene Simmons discovered them, but nothing happened. Then DLR said VanHalen was better... alrighty then.

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      But okay, I'll play the game.

Who do you think is "disrespecting Ed" around here and why?

I've been around these boards for years man. I've heard enough ED hate to last me a life time. Is that a real question? The fact you call him spED is reason enough.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I've been around these boards for years man. I've heard enough ED hate to last me a life time. Is that a real question? The fact you call him spED is reason enough.
                        what a woofter!
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

That was a good video...if you're a personal trainer for the fat housewife aerobics. It'll make them run.

How's life at the links now?
                          Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

It's about ED, not Sammy....We all know Ed made VH what it is.
                            A wreck?
                            Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ed writes great songs, doesnt really matter who sings them.
                              Haven't heard VHIII, have we? How many say you?

Will you be "Up For Breakfast?"

Maybe you can point to his extensive body of solo work (hint, you'll have to be standing in front of the shelf at studio 5150 to do it!)

You have proven that yourself with all your Sammy bashing. Samy sucks ass, yet VH lives on. Explain that one....
                              But, where exactly have I bashed Sam here (yet)?

Oh, I've bashed Sam plenty, but he's not the topic nor even the point here.

I didn't say he "sucks ass." I said that Ed's playing during Sam's tenure wasn't nearly as good as his playing with Dave was. It was more based on a rhythm guitar style and is apologized for by some as a style of keeping up the times during the 80s...

Do you think I am a n00b when it comes to VH? Yah, they were called Mammoth when Gene Simmons discovered them, but nothing happened. Then DLR said VanHalen was better... alrighty then.
                              No. I think you're agenda-trolling and giving Ed a bit too much credit...

But tell me how well VH has done without Dave at the helm. They did okay for Sam's tenure mind you, but they sold an ever decreasing number of albums. And VHIII sold for shit, barely going gold, for a band that had once sold over 12 million copies 1984...

And my point is that Van Halen making it as a major act without DLR is questionable....

Did Montrose make it with Sam? Was not Ronnie Montrose by all accounts a great player? Don't get me wrong. Ed would have made it in some form. But not to the extent he made his mark with Dave and CVH!

Comment

Working...