Fair Warning - Worst VH Tribute Band EVER!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rocknrolldork
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

Fair Warning - Worst VH Tribute Band EVER!

I saw a VH tribute band from Chicago last week. They were called Fair Warning. The guitarist was good enough, but lacked that natural groove Ed has. The bass player... Well you really can't fuck up many of Mike's parts so he held it down ok. The drummer wasn't even close and couldn't keep up with the rest. The singer looked like old Dave on crack. He spent 45 minutes off the stage prancing through the crowd. Dave would have never left the spotlight or the stage like that.

D- performance. Only $5, but I want that $5 back.
  • SWEETWILLIAM
    Groupie
    • Jan 2009

So sorry to hear that.......

Comment

• katie
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Could have been worse, it could have been a Sam tribute.

Then we would have you say how you keep waking up screaming each night.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
        Could have been worse, it could have been a Sam tribute.
        LOL, does such a thing even exist?
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

The other half !!!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

I saw Fair Warning like 7 years ago, and they rocked the house. Much better than the boring Atomic Punks. Plus the Punks do Sammy shit now, posers!
            http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
            Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
            Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Walked into my local once only to discover that the band that evening was named "5150".
              Watching this fat dude in a red t-shirt squeal and shreik like the Round Rocket playing cheesy pop and sappy ballads , all I could think was ....WHY??
              Why are you doing that ,and WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL HERE ???

For the pussy ,of course!
              Hooked up with some pussy and got the fuck out asap.....
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                LOL, does such a thing even exist?
                YOU ASKED FOR IT, BITCH:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxPu3ARVmtA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxPu3ARVmtA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek_AREZLAks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek_AREZLAks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I saw FW about 5 years ago id say there more on a 8 of a 10 scale..

yeah there not the atomic punks but for a cover band, listening to
                  them we all thought they werent all that bad, i know hain23x saw them
                  and the links chic everyone liked in 2000 saw them, i went incognito there
                  & hung out, they gave props too..they had a thread for a meet & greet there
                  the write up & all at the vhlinks back then, it went over good you are joking right?
                  dude, put the blunt down, they really weren't bad at all dude. lol
                  Last edited by redblkwht; 01-29-2009, 03:09 AM.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
                    I saw Fair Warning like 7 years ago, and they rocked the house. Much better than the boring Atomic Punks. Plus the Punks do Sammy shit now, posers!
                    See? thats what i thought nate..

EUAS

Comment

• Isaac R.
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      YOU ASKED FOR IT, BITCH:
                      Had to do it didn't ya...just couldn't resist
                      Last edited by Isaac R.; 01-29-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                        Walked into my local once only to discover that the band that evening was named "5150".
                        Watching this fat dude in a red t-shirt squeal and shreik like the Round Rocket playing cheesy pop and sappy ballads , all I could think was ....WHY??

I don't know what disappoints me more....

The fact you slung your beef into a Hagarita, or because you didn't take a wrist-rocket and a pocket full of ball bearings to the "show"...

Shame!

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                          I saw FW about 5 years ago id say there more on a 8 of a 10 scale..

yeah there not the atomic punks but for a cover band, listening to
                          them we all thought they werent all that bad, i know hain23x saw them
                          and the links chic everyone liked in 2000 saw them, i went incognito there
                          & hung out, they gave props too..they had a thread for a meet & greet there
                          the write up & all at the vhlinks back then, it went over good you are joking right?
                          dude, put the blunt down, they really weren't bad at all dude. lol
                          Not joking. They were not good. Maybe it was an off night for them or something. I was pumped to go to the show and hear the old tunes, but the fact of it is they didn't do the tunes justice. The drummer was waaaay off. They sounded like they haven't practiced in months. One good thing about it..... Seeing them made me feel better about my Who/Tommy project. I'd rather see the Atomic Punks. Are they really playing the Crapgar stuff now? If so, that sucks.

Comment

• TOM_5150
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi

Sammy Hagar is playing in a cover band? This is good stuff.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              YOU ASKED FOR IT, BITCH:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxPu3ARVmtA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxPu3ARVmtA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek_AREZLAks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ek_AREZLAks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              HA Jase eat yer heart out..

Comment

Working...