• Aug 2004

Lmao!

Originally posted by GAR
      nothing ventured = nothing gained

Boring.
      I like spares = Bite me

Jerkoff.

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

No, you like clutter.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sarge
          I like the line 6 stuff.

Breasts,
          Sarge
          I don't...too noisy, for one thing...

The rackmount Behringer V-Amp Pro and Bass V-Amp Pro sound much more authentic and in my opinion sound better and are quieter than the Line 6 POD XT Pro...

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

The rackmount Behringer V-Amp Pro and Bass V-Amp Pro sound much more authentic and in my opinion sound better and are quieter than the Line 6 POD XT Pro...

I disagree. With the exception of the Bass mods, with PODfarm I have the majority of the available amp mods as the XT; tried the Behringer, was not impressed at all.

And as for the effects, they're not that noisy. My only gripe is my Echoplex mod there's a slight gain drop, but not like there wouldn't be one with the real thing...

Originally posted by GAR
            No, you like clutter.
            And you like being an asshole, but we won't hold that against you yet.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

You have my permission to shoot me with my own suppressed ppk if you ever and I mean ever see a Line Sucks product on my board. Ever.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

...You wanna borrow one of mine? Might help speed things along...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  You have my permission to shoot me with my own suppressed ppk if you ever and I mean ever see a Line Sucks product on my board. Ever.
                  Do you even have a pedalboard? Dude , ya talk a lot .How 'bout throwin up some shots of your mountain of gear?!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Behringer? Meh..

Don't expect to get many years out of that stuff. Affordable ,but not the best built quality....
                    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM.
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

My poor pedal board is in a constant state of flux...
                      I always lend out pedals to nephews who are
                      getting into it.... I dont think I have had my complete
                      array in front of me for 15 years !

In fact Im sure there are pedals out there I own
                      that I have since drank from my memory !!!

(Here goes, most purchased in the 80's)
                      I was definately a boss man back then.....

DS-1 Boss Distortion
                      HM-2 Heavy Metal Boss
                      Ibanez Tube Screamer
                      BF-2 Boss Flanger
                      DD2 Boss Digital Delay
                      CH1 Chorus
                      Boss Octaver (forget which model)
                      Boss Power Supply pedal (for all these fooken 9v fookers)
                      Boss Phaser (another one with a nephew)
                      Noise gate (boss)
                      Dod Wah
                      Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
                      Behringer A-B switch pedal
                      ADA MP1 Tube Pre-amp (Thanks E ! I think I can mention it here ?
                      this was purchased only 2 years ago)
                      Boss Sustainer
                      Pod 1 & 2(XT) (Last few years)

Software pedal boards ???

- Amplitude 2
                      - Guitar Rig....

I know there are some missing, will post more as I recollect....
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Sold my wah, mxr p. shifter, flanger, dd6 delay, chorus pedal and mt zone on ebay and walked away with just enough money to pick up a Boss ME 70. Kicks ass! Everything you want. (even shit you dont)

I have it going thru a line 6 spider II.

very nice tone. alot of adjusting but once you navigate yourself and spend a few weeks dicking around you really appreciate the diversity.
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

ME 70 hey ? Shall google that.... Sounds interesting...
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            ME 70 hey ? Shall google that.... Sounds interesting...
                            yeah it is interesting, except I am having "issues" with the FX Pedal. (voice/wah/modulation octaves up and down)

Im hoping for tech support.
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Do you even have a pedalboard? Dude , ya talk a lot .How 'bout throwin up some shots of your mountain of gear?!
                              Weve gone over this before, I don't post pix. I think I posted my cat a couple times before, or some of my cabinets I had been restoring before getting ripped off in 2003 but I've only recently had the heart to resume horsetrading to build up my gear again. Since everything is still in storage, I have nothing setup but maybe this year I'll post gear pix.

I don't need a mountain of gear, but as far as pedals go I keep a trunk for them to roll around in.

I like a wah with just a halfstack or combo, but I have used phasers delays and all the fancy stuff before.

I talk alot to share alot, but am pretty set against seeing digital effects stuff residing on a player's boardbecause of the A-D conversion frequency loss. I am not against Rocktron or Line 6 or Alesis or Johnson or what have you who make these things.

Now when it comes to time-delay based effects which are phasors, flangers, choruses and delays, there are different reasons I can elaborate upon to explay "why" so here's my reasons:

Echoplex and tape-based delays: I like these best because its the best and most natural way to add compression to your sound via tape saturation while setting the record head bias pretty hot. I had a Guild Copicat and stock, it was alright and basic and fairly transparent sonically except the tape-drive capstan rollers were inferior and being it was a tape loop that broke constantly at the splice area, you either became creative at making replacment loops or you grew up and spent the dough on the Maestro EP-3 solidstate echoplex which was bulletproof so long as the 5 minute cartridge loop lasted.

Signal loss is a great concern to me, and tape based delays have the best compromise to me: they go down to 30 hz up to about 6,000 hz which is a comfortable range for reproducing most of the guitar string sounds.

Next, the "analogue" effects, usually based on bucket-brigade transistor arrays in a large chip called a BBD: these chips are what begat the CCD chips in digital cameras - made up of thousands of tiny capacitor section etched on silicon, they charge up then discharge like little batteries. That's all they do. It's archaic technology, but it's very warm sounding and retains almost ALL your low bass frequencies - but they're noisey as FUCK! That's alot of microscopic discharging going on inside all the time, and the workaround to it is reducing the high-end response.

It's the ONLY way. Enjoy a BBD pedal, but sacrifice your highs to retain your lowend.

I like chorus, delay and especially flanger-based BBD pedals because they are unusually warm and saturate just a little bit in the midrange with an enhanced lowend response. But because these BBD chips are noisey, they're often incorporated with circuit filtration and noise companders which limit the high-end range to 2K or 3K hz.

The cheap BBD "analogue" pedals have a shitty response barely reaching 2K in some manufacture - but people don't notice the high losses because they'll kick it on and hear the effect over the loss of hi's and don't care.

I like digital delays, basically for this reason: less highs filtered out, less inherent hiss and noise such as the BBD pedals give off, and enhanced highs because the frequency range is usually 300 to about 15,000 hz.

Yes, 15K is really really good, especially for the clean channel shit in 80's-90's English butt-ramming music like Johnny Marr's effects - he kicks ass with simple clean channel echos' and sometimes it's a headscratcher just listening to it trying to figure out how he's getting that sound in his echos and choruses: well, the choruses is BBD based yet the echos are digital delays. So he probably runs a JC120 amp with the digital delay rack effect via the effects loop panel input, placing the digital after the analogue.

Lastly, in order of desirability for me would be the Pod shit: digital multi effects either pedal or rack or software.

the Multi's are based on a processor called an FPGA=field programmable gate array, which is like a lattice network of switches controlled by software after your guitar signal has been converted to digital.

The'res so much loss to the low end, it doesn't make sense to me to use. I have never used one, tried them all out and they're like toys.

"Well you talk so much shit how do you like them if you hate them" well it's easy - I have always promoted the Pods as great scratch-pads and songwriting tools.. they replace the pedalboard, but should not reside on the pedal board.

Pods should reside by the computer: you use them to record a song idea to help you in handing off a newly burned copy for your drummer to jam to. But they shouldn't be used as final-copy tone machines, ever.

The same layman's arguement I feel against the digital multi-effects equivalent holds true to the FLAC promoters who favor lossless recording. Since ultimately as music gets recorded, I feel strongly that Pod-type pedals should not be used in the final but accept them in the jamming or demoing stages.

I saw a clip on Youtube where Kirk Hammet was backstage talking about his gear, and he gives the guy (guitar world? maybe?) a full showcase of his guitars, backline and his pedalboard setup. And on his pedalboards was one of those Rocktron digital multi's.. I laughed!

With his kind of money he could afford either a quad-snake running two-way to and from a rackmount of real pedals, or a larger roadcase to have his pedals up front with him but no he has the digital pedal upfront with him.

I thought, no wonder I never liked his sound.
                              Last edited by GAR; 03-09-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles

I have it going thru a line 6 spider II.
                                Once the Alesis patent runs out on the digital multieffects chip, you'll see more of these "internal Pod" effects channel amps coming to market. I could look it up on uspto.gov but I believe the year of patent is 1991.

Comment

Working...