• Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Bush to Hit Lecture Circuit......in Canada

Bush to hit lecture circuit with speech in Canada
    48 minutes ago

DALLAS (AP) — Former President George W. Bush is getting ready to hit the lecture circuit.

A co-owner of a Canadian company that organizes high-profile speaking events confirmed Thursday that Bush is scheduled to speak March 17 at a luncheon in Calgary, Alberta.

The invitation says Bush will discuss "his eight momentous years in the Oval Office" and "the challenges facing the world in the 21st century."

The event is Bush's first confirmed speaking engagement. Booking agency partner Andy McCreath declined to discuss Bush's speaking fee. A spokesman with the Office of George W. Bush in Dallas also declined comment.

McCreath says he expects about 1,500 people to attend the speech. Event sponsors include the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, an accounting firm, a law firm and an organization for financial analysts.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Spurred on by his first public speaking engagement, Bush decided to continue the tour.........
    Seen here speaking to a packed house George W. Bush.........

Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

According to a story sourced via CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3927378.shtml), as of March 11, 2008 President Bush had racked up over 870 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas during his two terms. Technically then, he did not spend "eight momentous years" in the Oval Office.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
        According to a story sourced via CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3927378.shtml), as of March 11, 2008 President Bush had racked up over 870 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas during his two terms. Technically then, he did not spend "eight momentous years" in the Oval Office.
        Oh fuck!!!!!!!!!! you're killing me!
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Get the RCMP ready, Canucks! Arrest that war criminal bastard the minute he steps on Canadian soil.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Bush to hit lecture circuit with speech in Canada
            Graaate...

With North America in a resession. The fuckbags that are willing to dole out cash to this imbicile should be tazed and waterboarded...

If there is a Q&A , I would expect the ownings to be monumental... Can't wait for the Youtube's....
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

We're on it eh!

Comment

• WACF
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                Graaate...

If there is a Q&A , I would expect the ownings to be monumental... Can't wait for the Youtube's....

That is what I was thinking...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                  Get the RCMP ready, Canucks! Arrest that war criminal bastard the minute he steps on Canadian soil.
                  Maybe some gun toting yee haw will cap him.

You know, to give us peacekeeping Canucks some street cred!

Open up the gates Satan , his time will come.....

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

No way in HELL will they let him take questions.....

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      No way in HELL will they let him take questions.....

Right you are....

George W. Bush to give talk in Calgary
                      Updated Thu. Feb. 12 2009 7:38 PM ET

The Canadian Press

CALGARY -- A Calgary audience might be the first group to hear George W. Bush's take on the state of the world since he stepped down as U.S. president earlier this year.

Bush is to speak to an anticipated audience of 1,500 at a private event in the city on March 17, according to organizers Andy McCreath and Christian Darbyshire.

"It's our understanding it's one of the first -- if not the first -- times he'll speak since leaving office," said Geoff Pradella, vice-president of public and government affairs at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, which is partnering in the event.

"I imagine it'll be a reflection on issues that arose during his time in office, and maybe drawing from that his perspectives on the way forward."

Darbyshire declined to give details on how much tickets will cost, what Bush will speak about or whether the former president is being paid for his appearance.

A spokesman with the Office of George W. Bush in Dallas also declined comment.

Invitations to the event say Bush will share his thoughts "on eight momentous years in the Oval Office." The former president will also speak about "the challenges facing the world in the 21st century."

Bush left office Jan. 20 when President Barack Obama was sworn in. His image was bruised at the time, with the highest disapproval rating since Richard Nixon and a panel of historians ranking him as the worst president in American history.

In his farewell speech as president, Bush said he hoped people will remember that he was willing to make tough decisions through eight years in office that included the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, and ensuing military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

An appearance in Calgary is a good way for the former president to try "dipping his toe" in the public arena, said David Taras, a University of Calgary political science professor.

"I think he's probably nervous about how he'll be received, and so Calgary's a safe place," he said, pointing out the city is very conservative and pro-American.

Yet he predicted that with opinion polls suggesting people across Canada blame Bush for the current global economic crisis, the reception will be polite, but not enthusiastic.

"There is a lot of anger and there is a sense it was a failed presidency."

Interest from people in hearing the former president speak has already been strong, said Pradella.

"We've had what I would describe as a pretty favourable response so far," he said.

Bush's speech, combined with similar visits from other former high-ranking politicians such as Tony Blair and Bill Clinton, show Calgary's "growing international stature," he added.

The event is not open to the public or media.

Pradella said while the chamber is not providing financial support for the event, it is doing marketing work and offering tickets to some members.

Other partners include the Ernst & Young accounting firm, the Bennett Jones law firm and the Calgary CFA Society, a professional organization for financial analysts.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                        Some things never change....

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          add in the time spent at Camp David and Kennebunkport...
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            add in the time spent at Camp David and Kennebunkport...
                            Funny you should mention that...

400. An absent President

Of the 2922 days Bush was President he spent all or part of 1,020 on vacation (35% of his time in office). This includes 487 days at Camp David, 490 at his ranch in Crawford, and 43 days at his family’s compound in Kennebunkport. If there is one word which typifies this and Bush, it is AWOL. The man has been AWOL his whole life. You have only to look at his academic career or his lack of it. It nails his experience with Vietnam where he never took a strong position for the war and went, or against it and protested. It was the essence of his time in the National Guard (whether it was technically the case or not). It marked his approach to his business failures. As for the governorship of Texas, it looks good on a résumé and is a useful political springboard but it is a weak position, tailor made for an AWOL man. Unfortunately for us, the Presidency is a real full-time job. In it, Bush stayed true to form. He was not just physically absent from it much of the time. He was intellectually and morally absent from it all the time.

The results we can see all around us. He did not keep us safe from 9/11. He mired the nation in stupid wars he waged stupidly and interminably. He was not there for Katrina. He took a piratical financial industry and negligently set it loose on the economy to wreak havoc in the housing and oil markets and eventually bring the whole system to the point of collapse and the country to the edge of depression.

But the blame does not belong to him. It never does with an AWOL man. No, it belongs with us who, as a nation, for 8 years took a vacation from our ourselves and our responsibilities. We had not just an AWOL President with Bush but an AWOL age. Now Bush is gone, as AWOL as ever, and we are left to deal with his legacies.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                              Originally posted by diamondjimi
                              Some things never change....
                              Perhaps if the presenters asked everyone to remove their footwear before entering the building...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...