X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Six of the top ten Senate 'porkers' are Republican

Taxpayers for Common Sense released a database Monday of the 8,570 earmarks, totaling $7.7 billion, in the FY09 omnibus spending bill.

Remember all that talk last week about Republicans "learning the error of their ways" and promising to embrace fiscal responsibility? Well, it seems six of the ten biggest recepients of earmarks just happen to be Republicans.

SENATOR EARMARK $$
    Byrd (D-WV) $122,804,900
    Shelby (R-AL) $114,484,250
    Bond (R-MO) $85,691,491
    Feinstein (D-CA) $76,899,425
    Cochran (R-MS) $75,908,475
    Murkowski (R-AK) $74,000,750
    Harkin (D-IA) $66,860,000
    Inhofe (R-OK) $53,133,500
    McConnell (R-KY) $51,186,000
    Inouye (D-HI) $46,380,205

Six of the top ten Senate 'porkers' are Republican | Libertarian Party
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Listed are ten problems that need to be removed....preferably by force.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Byrd had some good rants against the BCE in recent years, but he's either going to die or retire soon anyway. Feinstein is a war profiteer, and Inouye has cast more right wing votes this decade than any Hawaiian senator has any business doing. And Harkin is a little too friendly with the Monsanto frankencorn monsters.

And the Repukes on the list are some of the worst excuses for human beings on this, or any other planet.

So I agree.... fuck em all.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

One of Obama's campaign obamanations, I mean promises was to not let ANY pork be added to ANY bill...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Dont most voters base their choice on the candidate most likely to bring home money for projects to their districts?

Just saying...

The whole system is based on pork.

The rest is just semantics.
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Another thing to consider is how much federal tax is taken out of states...

What bothers me about the above is that none save Cali really send that much to Washington and that list heavily favors the podunk South and Midwest......

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Another thing to consider is how much federal tax is taken out of states...

What bothers me about the above is that none save Cali really send that much to Washington and that list heavily favors the podunk South and Midwest......
              I noticed that too. Seems odd WV is getting almost double that of CA.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                Dont most voters base their choice on the candidate most likely to bring home money for projects to their districts?

Just saying...

The rest is just semantics.
                No, it's how good he or she seems to speak, what color they are, their personality, how they look...

As far as semantics, if you don't think that matters, especially if your President is a lawyer, you're missing everything...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  No, it's how good he or she seems to speak, what color they are, their personality, how they look...

As far as semantics, if you don't think that matters, especially if your President is a lawyer, you're missing everything...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4XT-l-_3y0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh fucking spare me! You mean like the "Contract with America?" Those son's of whores ought to be sued for breach of cuntract!!!

You voted for that! Melvus!!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

:
                    How many Republicans are in The Senate right now that aren't WHITE?

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      How many Republicans are in The Senate right now that aren't WHITE?

One less than there are Democrats. And that one Democrat is hanging by a thread.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        One less than there are Democrats. And that one Democrat is hanging by a thread.
                        Yeah, that was a bad move. They should have told Blago to go fuck his rug and appointed Jesse Jackson Jr. to the Senate seat.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Yeah, that was a bad move. They should have told Blago to go fuck his rug and appointed Jesse Jackson Jr. to the Senate seat.
                          To be honest, I thought Burris was actually a decent appointment (for a Dem). I even posted such. Good history, solid track record, experience...but dang, hindsight right?

But as far as how people vote, I agree with Elvis. Most people vote for the party they think represents them, then go by attraction to the candidate. Whether it be color, smile, charisma, speech, relate ability, fake promises, etc.... Which is why someone like Kucinich doesn't ever get too far as a viable Presidential candidate. We are a superficial people.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

We are a superficial people that vote as much for looks and perception as we do for substance. But it should be noted that maybe Kucinich is a bit nuts. And Hitler was hardly the tall, dashing candidate...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kucinich and Hitler are both short guys with a populist message, but the similarities end there. Don't think Adolf would have ever considered a "Department of Peace"
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...