Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2015 @ 11:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

More negative tour press

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/g...7425296290.xml

Van Halen, July 9 at Van Andel Arena -- It's difficult for a snooty music critic to admit he likes Van Halen, which quite possibly is the Ultimate Party Band. But here I am, wishing David Lee Roth hadn't completely lost touch with reality and settling for an always energetic Sammy Hagar, who kissed and made up with superstar guitarist Eddie Van Halen for this tour. The question is, do these guys still have it? Well, it's guaranteed to be better than the last time VH played Van Andel -- in 1997 with much-loathed lead singer Gary Cherone (shudder) -- don't you think?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/enter...ay-dero23.html

This summer's platinum road warriors include Madonna, Metallica, Sting, Prince (who is finally delivering his long-promised greatest hits tour), Eric Clapton (who's reneging on his promise to retire from touring and instead is hitting the road with a tribute to Robert Johnson) and the reunited Van Halen (who are, alas, still sadly lacking David Lee Roth).

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5044914/

Van Halen kicks off their summer tour on June 11. This assemblage does not include front man David Lee Roth, but rather Sammy Hagar. Personally, I prefer Roth, even with his cheesy theatrics. I guess he was too busy playing poker on “The Sopranos” to consider this gig seriously. Then again, he is about as welcome in the band as Ralph Nader would be at an Al Gore testimonial. Hagar brings peace and harmony. He also brings a shrill, ear-piercing screech that passes as vocals. Most of the die-hard Van Halen fans who will plunk down good money to see Eddie’s wild riffs and hear touchstone selections from their vast catalog have lost most of their hearing anyway, so it shouldn’t matter.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/457/4774751.html

After spending 10 minutes with David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen apparently decided Sammy Hagar wasn't so bad. The brothers VH have invited the Red Rocker back for their first tour in six years. Fans who waited out Eddie's bout with cancer and the band's drought with ex-Extreme singer Gary Cherone would be happy with either frontman. Sammy's not as cool as Dave, but he's also not as bald, and he did have an equally long era with the band (1985-96). There's no new material to wait out, so might as well jump on those tickets. (July 22, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul. $56.75-$86.75. 651-989-5151.) (C.R.)

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/art...0521loser.html

Losers of the Week

RCA/James R. Michin III

Van Halen, Best Of Volume II

This week the reunited band announced it would release a two-disc set entitled The Very Best of Van Halen containing three new songs with formerly booted-out singer Sammy Hagar. Hold on, the track listing is virtually identical to 1996's Best Of, Volume I, except it's missing the two new tracks the band recorded with formerly booted-out singer David Lee Roth. Worse, it's forcing fans to buy a double set to get the three new numbers. Crestfallen that he would never be released, Van Halen, Best Of Volume II told reporters "this will come back to bite the band back HARD. Although I'm naturally disappointed that I will never get to work with my good friend Van Halen, Best Of Volume I who is rendered redundant by this decision, I plan to console myself in the company of friends who understand, like Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium II, Hall and Oates' Rock 'n' Soul, Pt.2 Greatest Hits, Michael Jackson's HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 2 and Right Said Fred's More Greatest Hits.

http://www.richmond.com/News/output....&vertical=News

NEWS
    Van Halen concert cancelled

Richmond.com
    Wednesday April 28, 2004

The Van Halen concert scheduled for Monday, June 14 at the Richmond Coliseum has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. Tickets that were purchased in person can be refunded by returning to point of purchase. Tickets purchased through Ticketmaster, online or charge by phone, will be issued an automatic credit to the customer's account.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Some of that is negative Dave..
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2014 @ 02:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

who cares what they say

Thread Information