Thread: I've got a troublesome problem

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Not to hijack my own thread but ... ah fuck it. Here's another pic.

You are not hijackin' your own thread...
    That's totally different stuff and it's all B.S. to me!
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chan_bkny View Post
    Is it called Yue Hwa?
    This was back in the mid 80's. Who knows if the store is still there. Every time I go to Hong Kong they have torn it all down and built something different.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blonddgirl777 View Post
    You ARE weird! L.O.L.
    Next time I lay there, prior to the accupucnture lady walking in, I will steel a couple for ya!
    I'm the guy that is always holding up the line at customs. I didn't think they were going to let me out of Miami because they didn't like the authentic blow gun and darts I brought back from the Amazon. LOL! I came back from Mexico looking like I lived in the Jungle for months. Long hair, a beard, kacky clothes and a suspect looking bottle of mezcal. I thought I was going to get the bend over and spread em treatment.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The real question is what is science. Did you know pharmacutical companies send people to live with primitive cultures to see what they use for medicine and how it's used. Then they find out what chemicals in the natural medicine are working and synthesize it in a lab. All modern science comes from alchemy. It all starts with natural medicine.
    I don't know why you would need to divide these things.

A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, identifiable features distinguish scientific inquiry from other methodologies of knowledge. Scientific researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test these hypotheses. These steps must be repeatable in order to dependably predict any future results.

In your example it's very simple. If the natural remedy can be demonstrated to work it will become part of our scientific knowledge. If it fails empirical repeatable tests and has to rely on people just making shit up or saying 'it works because it's been around for a long time', or 'gods made it' or whatever then it's not scientific and it's just pretend.

Despite hundreds of studies acupuncture cannot be shown to work as anything more than a placebo.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bought those dried sea horses at a Chinese pharmacy. I have no idea what they are used for but they where cool looking. LOL!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I don't know why you would need to divide these things.

A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, identifiable features distinguish scientific inquiry from other methodologies of knowledge. Scientific researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test these hypotheses. These steps must be repeatable in order to dependably predict any future results.

In your example it's very simple. If the natural remedy can be demonstrated to work it will become part of our scientific knowledge. If it fails empirical repeatable tests and has to rely on people just making shit up or saying 'it works because it's been around for a long time', or 'gods made it' or whatever then it's not scientific and it's just pretend.

Despite hundreds of studies acupuncture cannot be shown to work as anything more than a placebo.
    That is true but the scientific method is at the mercy of data sampling and how the data is interpreted. It increases accuracy but is not 100% fail proof. In some cases scientific fact does not tell the whole story but only confirms one element in the story.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Scientific law is actually relative. It's like trying to define what a photon is. Sometimes it's a particle and other times it's a wave of energy. So you just can't have one law. The law is true under certain circumstances and false under others. It's one reason physicists are making huge breakthroughs in cancer research and other medical areas. They tend to be the most open scientists and approach things differently than the biological area of study. The biggest hinderance to science has always been the egos involved and the almost religious like stubborness of peer approval. Nobody wants to take a chance on looking bad. So the human element always clouds the wholistic picture and always will. If human beings are involved there is always going to be some error or hinderance.

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Personally, I am not into any big Religious beleifs (certainly not Christianism). But I don't pretend that it gives me (or anyonelse) the right to be condescending any of them.

Arguing about Religion is pointless. Just like agruing about tastes in music!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chan_bkny View Post
    ... Once I got my passport stamped with the entry seal, I thought I was home free and on my way to the exit, but there is always that one customs officer near the exit randomly selecting a traveler to search. I saw him and I kept saying in my head, "Don't pick me, don't pick me." Of course, he waved me over to him and asked what I had in my bag. He said, "Teapot?" He waved me away in disappointment.
    L.O.L.
    At least, he took your word for it and didn't search your luggage!
    THAT is a humiliating experience, to have them go through your personal stuff and leave it all there as a mess for you to put back in the suit case...
    They never found anything on me!
    Bastards!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Everytime I lay on the accupuncture table, before the practician enters the room, I look at those charts... The ones that show where all the pressure points are.

Needles can be poked on testicles, scrutum, penis and mostly everywhere.
    Next time I visit my domamatrix at the S&M club I will request this.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had a friend who was a US Customs agent and he could tell some funny and horrid stories about going through people's luggage. He told me it always nice to go through underwear that doesn't reek of ass, tang, and is free of skid marks.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think the only difference between a US Customs agent and a proctologist is the Dr. gets paid more.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Personally, I am not into any big Religious beleifs (certainly not Christianism). But I don't pretend that it gives me (or anyonelse) the right to be condescending any of them.

Arguing about Religion is pointless. Just like agruing about tastes in music!
    I don't trust any organized religion. They have a poor historical track record of being nothing more that greedy and controlling. They are nothing more than mini governments. Hell, the Vatican is it's own country and the Mormons run the show in Utah. It's politics.

I look at it all wholistic. I'm not going to shit on Jesus because frankly, I like The Golden Rule. If we lived that we wouldn't have the problems we have as a society. Also. Show me where Jesus actually organized a church? That was all done later. Jesus just preached information and who know how much of it is made up or bastardized. The message and concept is still good even if it could be a made up story.

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Show me where Jesus actually organized a church?
    "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." - Matthew 16:18

Now of course, My church was nothing like the organized religions of today, which preacheth the doctrines of men, rather than My teachings.

Thread Information