Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ed talks shit about Hendrix (again)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's a good Yngwie song dedicated to Panamark...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_JRa83c71U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color 2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_JRa83c71U&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color 2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry, but there's nothing about Mamsteen that ever struck me that he was a Rock n Roll guitar player....sounded more like a guitar teacher...

Bored the hell out of me.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks for the Hendix vids...they're great!
    On another note, Ed's "Horrible Solo Spot" in 2007 was absolutely horrible the few first min of the solo.
    It sounded like he was grating chicken wire across the pickups instead of playing notes....but they were notes, unfortunately....really bad, and bizarrely patterned ones too.....yechhhhh

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    as for masters of the strat

i'm sure cato would vote for mr jeff beck

i sure would

YouTube - Jeff Beck - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat / Brush With the Blues

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Speaking of Jeff Beck, apparently he recently played a gig in LA and was joined on stage by a surprise guest. Meaning that Jeff himself apparently had no idea it was going to happen (or else he's really good at faking his reaction)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/re4ut7EI4wc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/re4ut7EI4wc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yah View Post
    Thanks for the Hendix vids...they're great!
    On another note, Ed's "Horrible Solo Spot" in 2007 was absolutely horrible the few first min of the solo.
    It sounded like he was grating chicken wire across the pickups instead of playing notes....but they were notes, unfortunately....really bad, and bizarrely patterned ones too.....yechhhhh
    Show I saw him at last year, he's taking his solo spot, wanking around, then starts to play the tapped part of Eruption. The crowd begins to cheer, then starts to quiet down when it becomes apparent that he can't play it at full-speed...it honestly looked like he just wasn't able to play the lick at the same speed it was on the record anymore...like, he had to gradually work up to maybe 2/3rds to 3/4ths speed, but couldn't get up to par...it was kinda sad.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I always said that if Yngwie cut his millions of albums down to about 6 or 7 containing only his best stuff, he would be regarded much more highly...

But he released everything he ever recorded. Too much information, even for an Yngwie freak like myself...

I think Jeff Scott Soto was his best singer, but Ripper is damn good and brings a new edge and youthfulness to the music...

Jeff Scott Soto wailed like a banshee on fire on Marching Out...great, great vocals.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Show I saw him at last year, he's taking his solo spot, wanking around, then starts to play the tapped part of Eruption. The crowd begins to cheer, then starts to quiet down when it becomes apparent that he can't play it at full-speed...it honestly looked like he just wasn't able to play the lick at the same speed it was on the record anymore...like, he had to gradually work up to maybe 2/3rds to 3/4ths speed, but couldn't get up to par...it was kinda sad.
    He wasn't too bad @ the Toronto shows I witnessed. But I remember feeling disappointed overall with his spotlight solo in the shows. What a fuckin shame to have witnessed him in his prime ,burnin it up and then to see him struggle and unable to burn anymore.

He's in desperate need of someone to shoot him straight and pull no punches regarding his level of fail. He is in need of some oldschool hardcore woodshedding. The kind that brought him greatness back in the beginning...

Hey ,Paul Newman was whoring salad dressing. BUT, he could still "act" like the legend he was.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always said that if Yngwie cut his millions of albums down to about 6 or 7 containing only his best stuff, he would be regarded much more highly...

But he released everything he ever recorded. Too much information, even for an Yngwie freak like myself...

I think Jeff Scott Soto was his best singer, but Ripper is damn good and brings a new edge and youthfulness to the music...

The problem with Ripper, and Perpetual Flame in general, is that his vocals are buried under a mix of mud. He's totally lost in the background. Yngwie's guitar tone, he's tweaked it to a point where I can barely even listen to it.

You know, I can solve all of Yngwie Malmsteen's problems right now.

1) He needs contemporaries in that band of his. An ever-revolving door of kids leaves him plenty of room for control, sure, but too much control is, at least in his case, a bad thing. Contemporaries may be able to improve on his ideas or at least offer feedback that's valuable, even if their skill isn't on par with his; having yes-men happy for a paying gig just enables constant answers of "Yes" without a yes being what's necessarily right for the element. Personally I think the best thing he could do would be to hook up with Soto and the Johansson brothers again and make a REAL Rising Force album. And it should be as permanent as he can make it.

2) He needs a semi-decent label that'll at least take a remote interest in him. Koch is distributing, but beyond that I doubt they have any direct interest in what he does, as evidenced by the spectacularly lackluster Perpetual Flame. Frankly, ever since Alchemy, his albums have been 75% filler...Perpetual Flame was, to my ears, about 95% filler. Only two songs on that album sound like they were even bothered with beyond a two hour cram session to write. Essentially, he needs quality control from his label.

3) He needs a real producer. Ever since Alchemy, his vocalists (Mark Boals, Doogie White and now Ripper Owens) have all been buried under a muddy mix of music and virtually impossible to discern from the mix. Oh, sure, you can hear them singing, but fuck, shouldn't the vocalist be at the FOREFRONT of the band for the final mix? Christ, the bass sounds better than Ripper's mix.

4) He needs to surround himself with people who can give him some honest opinions, which means his professional/personal business manager/wife/quality control expert April needs to just be a wife and forget about the rest of it for a while. I mean, seriously...shit, just look at the cover art for Perpetual Flame...and Unleash the Fury...and Attack!!...fucking atrocious and Perpetual Flame SCREAMS gay '80's shit and not in a good way, either...frankly, that cover art, the airbrushing, it's all so fucking low budget I literally made my own cover for it and it looks FAR more professional. Somebody just needs to stop him or say "Man, this is just IDIOTIC...try something like this, seriously..."

5) His instrumentals NEED TO BE ACTUALLY COMPOSED, NOT IMPROVISED. I can't stress that enough. Look at his classics - Black Star, Far Beyond the Sun, Evil Eye, Icarus Dream Suite, Marching Out, Crying, Trilogy Suite, Krakatau, Memories, Eclipse...all composed. And all EASILY MEMORABLE, very fine pieces of music. At some point, I think post 1998, he just quit actually WRITING instrumentals and just started noodling in the studio and called it a song. Doesn't work that way; each and every single instrumental I've heard from Yngwie since at least Facing the Animal I cannot recall from memory.

6) He needs to tour the U.S., but it needs to be a package tour. Most everybody here stateside has forgotten he ever existed. The G3 thing with Satch and Vai was cool, and he could have followed it up with some serious package touring (which is just economically smart in this day and age), but he's passed on that in favor of touring outside of the U.S., taking the easy money and easily headlining. But frankly, it's been true before and it's true now...if you're not big in the U.S., you're not big period. And to do a successful U.S. tour, he's going to have to tour with some other big names, not just have nobodies play six crappy songs to give him more time in the spotlight. The economy sucks - people want a quality bill. Give them one.

7) His live shows really need to be quality controlled. When you stop to consider he's definitely going to play not only extended versions of Black Star, Far Beyond the Sun and Trilogy, but take not just one but TWO guitar solos on top of that, you're only hearing maybe six or seven actual SONGS and the rest of it is just watching him blaze up the fretboard. And while that's cool for what it is, Yngwie has far too extensive a catalog with far too many good songs to be ignored. 10-11 actual SONGS, encore with Black Star, Far Beyond the Sun, his guitar solo and then whatever SONG he wants to end the show on and call it good, you know? Give the people an actual BAND to listen to, not just HIM.

Were those things to happen, I bet his fortunes would be much improved. Unfortunately, they won't, because let's face it - NOBODY tells Yngwie Fucking Malmsteen what to do!

Twistin' by the pool.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I didn't mind say, the last 3/4 of the solo, though I know that Ed is not nearly up to par on it....it's a long way away from his playing even in the 90's.
    The first few min are really bad though....bizzare, drunken, crack/meth moments of remembered bad-trips , I guess.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can hear hendrix and I can out play anyone I know personally, so i've been told...

A few members on this board have heard me play a few things...

You should join up at GuitarWar.com, I would love to hear some of your stuff
    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    Sorry, but there's nothing about Mamsteen that ever struck me that he was a Rock n Roll guitar player....sounded more like a guitar teacher...

Bored the hell out of me.
    If this bores the hell out of you, you must be deaf... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service Just a little sample of Yngwie's finest work.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What Ed doesn't realize, and what Bill Hicks once said is that wasn't a guitar that Jimi was playing, it was his dick. Added to that, Jimi didn't have to be drunk to play, but he would have a drunk sing for him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-eNZK4ZUsE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-eNZK4ZUsE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    NOBODY tells Yngwie Fucking Malmsteen what to do!

I just typed one of my longest posts ever and somehow WINDOWS FUCKING VISTA closed IE on me!

And then I almost deleted your excellent post by accident trying to quote you. I did that to someone else by mistake and they cried to Sarge. The new vBulletin design makes it too easy to do that by accident if you have moderator control...

ANYWAY!

I totally agree with everything you had to say and it was a good read. In addition, I always maintained that if Yngwie had a real producer or someone in control, his millions of albums and songs (some of which are virtually the same) would be reduced to maybe ten GREAT albums and he would have the recognition he maybe deserves. But he did it to himself...

As far as vocalists, he needs Jeff Scott Soto. They fit together like Dave and Edward, and he almost got him back before Dougie White came into the fold. I didn't even know Yngwie cared much for Soto until I stumbled on a YouTube interview and Yngwie had good things to say about him. He also said "poor Dougie White" couldn't sing very well, but he tried and Yngwie liked him personally. White was terrible when I saw him live. His high notes made me sick and he looked like a bigger idiot that the fat Yngwie busting out of his leather pants, not to mention dropping his guitar trying to play behind his back...

Mark Boals was good. I didn't like him at first, mainly because I was pissed that Soto was gone but when I hear Trilogy now it's far better than I thought at the time. But the songs on Trilogy are memorable. I can recall them from memory without hearing them for years...

But Yngwie's songwriting absolutely needs some collaboration for so many reasons. He's a great songwriter, but he needs somebody to work with, to inspire him to think along different lines at least sometimes...and to say, hey Yngwie, this song is Yngay...something like that...

If he would have actually worked with Ripper and given him some freedom instead of being a hired gun the results could have only been better. Some YouTube clips show Owens making some of Malmsteen's songs much more energetic and heavy. But I think Ripper (Tim) Owens is already out of the band and working on his own stuff...

Have you ever heard War to End All Wars ?? That album is a bit different with some actually composed songs, and there is some cool, way-out sounding atonal stuff and other ideas that catch you off guard. But still, I can't recall the songs without hearing them. And Facing the Animal has a few neat ideas on it as well, but like you said, since that point, it's nearly impossible to recall anything he's done...

I still think Yngwie is the greatest and most exciting rock guitar player i've ever heard, and only one of three (following Hendrix and Edward) that re-wrote the book on rock guitar...

Yngwie paved the way for people like Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman and Jason Becker. Tony McAlpine comes to mind as well...

But i'd love to see him back with Soto and the Johansson brothers and make a real album. I dont even have Perpetual Flame. I was excited about it and let down when I heard a few clips...

Check this out...

I guess the vocals are Jorn Lande, but watch Yngwie bust his ass at 0:49 seconds...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHMWwgN78Qs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bHMWwgN78Qs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The drummer in that clip looks like he just stepped of a Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffet gig...

Good guitar playing after Yngwie finally gets a guitar after falling...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just typed one of my longest posts ever and somehow WINDOWS FUCKING VISTA closed IE on me!
    Well, there's your first two mistakes.........

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know...

I'm about reformat or upgrade this new computer to XP. None of my recording equipment works with Vista even though they all have updated vista drivers on their websites. This computer was too good of a price to pass up and i knew I didn't want vista, but I didn't know it would be THIS BAD!

Have you seen this ??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mojgIVwQqaQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mojgIVwQqaQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Usually when I go on about Yngwie, someone mentions Uli Jon Roth, so check out this clip...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwCWwD1sqiA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwCWwD1sqiA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

What the hell happened to Uli ??

It's like he has Eddie Van Halen syndrome...he can barely play in that clip!

And whats up with his vocals ??

I never was a big fan of Uli, but he could play, although the Yngwie comparisons are thin in my opinion. I think Uli copied a bit of Yngwie in the late 80's instead of the myth of it being the other way around. But Uli was great in the 70's and Yngwie does cite him as an influence along with Alex Lifeson, Steve Hackett, Brian may and Blackmore. Yngwie also liked Edward, and in the 80's he tried to contact Edward to jam and Ed wouldn't do it...

Last edited by ELVIS; 05-10-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Cancel or Allow? Allow! No wait! Cancel!!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Speaking of Jeff Beck, apparently he recently played a gig in LA and was joined on stage by a surprise guest. Meaning that Jeff himself apparently had no idea it was going to happen (or else he's really good at faking his reaction)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/re4ut7EI4wc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/re4ut7EI4wc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More reasons to kick myself for missing this show...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like Jeff Beck didn't know Rod was gonna walk out...

He just happened to be playing that song as well...

Yeah right...

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

And whats up with his vocals ??

I never was a big fan of Uli, but he could play, although the Yngwie comparisons are thin in my opinion. I think Uli copied a bit of Yngwie in the late 80's instead of the myth of it being the other way around.
    Sails of Charon from Scorpions had to be one Yngwie got into from Uli .

It's got the same kind of scales, and Yng covered it on Inspiration.

Such an amazing guitar track !

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is the best thread we've had for ages.....

This is why this place rules - as a none guitar player, I learned so much from reading through here...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
    Sails of Charon from Scorpions had to be one Yngwie got into from Uli .

I agree, and Yngwie does cite Uli as an influence...

It's got the same kind of scales, and Yng covered it on Inspiration.

True, but Yngwie set it on fire...

Such an amazing guitar track !
    Uli

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeX3I4Jneyg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color 2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeX3I4Jneyg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color 2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Yngwie

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffn6bMhaJe4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffn6bMhaJe4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I read somewhere that Uli liked Yngwie's version a lot...

Testament

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HghzhrE31Ac&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HghzhrE31Ac&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Last edited by ELVIS; 05-18-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At 309 Yngwie does a beautiful line in the middle of that killer solo...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can't type 3:09...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe like this: 3: 09

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyway, check it out...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He is fucking brilliant.

Elvis is right; Yngwie should reunite the Marching Out lineup. I do agree with Elvis that Soto seemed to fit with Yngwie the best out of all the singers he's worked with.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's all about expressing one's self
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KJs5msPIBww&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KJs5msPIBww&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3d80ZAfq1v4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3d80ZAfq1v4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color 2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    BTW, ELVIS...

I'm thinking about getting a 7 string..
    I got it, and I'm comin' for you, ELVIS.

Do you hear me? I'M COMIN FOR YA!!

As soon as I get rid of the carpeltunnel from that goddamned neck!

Fuck!

It's gonna take some getting used to.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought that had been posted before.

Some sort of merge would be in order...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought Eddie was going to say something like "Am I the only one to notice the quality of new material from Jimi Hendrix is severely lacking since his death?"

Or maybe "If he's such a pioneer where is the Jimi Hendrix brand of shoes, huh!?"

But no, it's the misguided "I create, Hendrix just used effects and stuff" take.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I thought that had been posted before.

Some sort of merge would be in order...
    Fuck the merge. Delete the other one that was duped via copy and paste from this one by some dicksuckin noob...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed's a asshole !!! ..............PERIOD. I have a couple stories about Ed from my buddy but he might put them in a book. Only a couple of them are nice. Always liked Dave. Said he was great !!! One involved Tommy Bolin's brother and another good one involved Schenker from the Scorpions buying a guitar. I always want to share them but I try too keep that shit he has told me over the years private. Hendrix was the best and still is. Ed couldn't play a blues lick to save his life !!! Ed used plenty of effect's !!! What the fuck is he talking about. Hair lip Eddie !! Fuck off. The guy should take a complament and leave it at that. It's like he always has to defend himself !! Ripped Nugent, Page and Perry back in the day also. The only thing he had to say about Rhoads was at least he was honest about ripping me off !! Not I think Randy did something new with my style of playing !!!! Dave RUN !!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    BEWARE!

THIS THREAD CONTAINS MALWARE!

Firefox just told me so......

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What the fuck?!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dunno what the hell the deal is. Just tried to get into this page and it came up. I told the 'warning' to ignore it and continue on, as my machine is very much locked down.

VB actin' all freaky and shit....

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, Chrome I think is responsible for the dupe post.

HOWEVER.....I got the warning again.

At work when it happened earlier I was using Firefox. This time I am using Chrome. I followed the link to get detailed info.

It is something at classicvanhalen.com.

MODS? YOU MIGHT WANT TO DELETE WHATEVER IS POSTED IN THIS THREAD THAT LINKS TO THAT SITE.

Or at least check it out.

Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for classicvanhalen.com

What is the current listing status for classicvanhalen.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 19 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-06-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-06-07.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including thermal-spa.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS4323 (TWTC).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, classicvanhalen.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
    Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    Updated 21 hours ago
    ©2008 Google - Google Home
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-10-2010 at 02:04 AM.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No problems on this end....

Thread Information