Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    THAT's not a good sign...
    No kidding.

Some of the stuff (mostly Paul's songs) on those 30 second clips sound like very cheesey 80s crap.

Its not even good 80s KISS (like Creatures) but shitty 80s KISS (Crazy Nights).

I actually give Gene props for at least trying to recapture the 70s vibe as you can hear a bit of it in his songs. His stuff seems to be the real winner here.

Fucking hell. Eric Singer's "All for the Glory" is fucking gay. Sounds like some shit off of "Hot in the Shade".

Lame.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

From our pals over at W t f !!!!!!!!!! - Club 9316

Burn this into your brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 2 users say thank you to indeedido for this KICKASS post:

GAR (09-13-2009),Terry (09-12-2009)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    From our pals over at W t f !!!!!!!!!! - Club 9316

Burn this into your brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

"At least Tommy Thayer is on it...hey, where ya going?!"

classic

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    No kidding.

Some of the stuff (mostly Paul's songs) on those 30 second clips sound like very cheesey 80s crap.

Its not even good 80s KISS (like Creatures) but shitty 80s KISS (Crazy Nights).

I actually give Gene props for at least trying to recapture the 70s vibe as you can hear a bit of it in his songs. His stuff seems to be the real winner here.

Fucking hell. Eric Singer's "All for the Glory" is fucking gay. Sounds like some shit off of "Hot in the Shade".

Lame.
    By the time Asylum rolled around, Gene was on autopilot and Paul took over the creative direction of the band for the next 5 years or so, which was by coincidence the nadir of the band. Eric Carr was underused on all those albums; the guy was an excellent player, but after Creatures never really had an opportunity to show it on record.

Revenge was quite good. Carnival of Souls had some cool ideas. Eric Singer can play.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-11-2021 @ 02:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I have downloaded the Kiss cd and I must say Im impressed, only heard it one time but I definitely enjoyed it. So its worth a listen. Maybe its because my expectations were pretty low

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2013 @ 07:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Atilio View Post
    I have downloaded the Kiss cd and I must say Im impressed, only heard it one time but I definitely enjoyed it. So its worth a listen. Maybe its because my expectations were pretty low
    I agree.

It`s 100% better than "Psycho Circus".

Let`s not forget: It`s not art, it`s Kiss!

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 12:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I like the new disc!!! I'm gonna buy this for sure!!!

It's better than Psycho Circus and this new disc sounds a lot like Revenge....

Nobody's Perfect, Stand, Hot and Cold, Modern Day Delilah and Say Yeah are amazing!!!

BTW am I crazy or "Never Enough" sounds just like "Nothing but a Good Time" from Poison hehehe

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It ain't KISS without Ace and Peter.

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser!! View Post
    BTW am I crazy or "Never Enough" sounds just like "Nothing but a Good Time" from Poison hehehe
    No shit.

It took me a couple of seconds then I realised.

Just like "Dreamin`" ripped off "I`m Eighteen".

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So the new KISS album is better than Psychocircus and has tunes on it that sound like old Posion songs?

Man, I better scoop this new album up, but FAST!!

Kinda funny that one of the tunes sounds like Nothing But A Good Time, because the whole main/chorus riff in that tune is something that CC totally cribbed from the Ace Frehley school of rock licks to begin with!!

12. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (10-02-2009)

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I listened to it another three or four times.

The more I hear it, the more I like it.

So it`s dumb and corny, like we were expecting anything else?

I`ve panned these guys for a long time for living off their past so I`ve got be happy that they`ve at least done something.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Poison ripped of Deuce's intro on Nothin' but a good time. So to review, KI$$ borrowed from Poison who borrowed from kiss who borrowed that from Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl. Sweet!

15. Thanked indeedido for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-27-2019)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Going off on a tangent with the Poison rip-offs... I always loved how Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick would call Poison out for stealing the riff of 'She's Tight' in 'Talk Dirty To Me', but he'll never acknowledge that the 'She's Tight' riff is a direct rip-off of Eddie Cochran's 'Something Else'.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

just another reason Thayer is a scam..........

Q. Is Ace Frehley still in the band?

A. No, Tommy Thayer has been in Ace's spot since 2002. Ace didn't want to do it any more, had to tackle some of his demons. This lineup, with me and Tommy and Paul and Gene, has been the same since '04.

KISSONLINE.com > News > KISS & TELL INTERVIEW WITH ERIC SINGER

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

that question shouldn't have even needed to be asked.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Going off on a tangent with the Poison rip-offs... I always loved how Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick would call Poison out for stealing the riff of 'She's Tight' in 'Talk Dirty To Me', but he'll never acknowledge that the 'She's Tight' riff is a direct rip-off of Eddie Cochran's 'Something Else'.
    Neilsen is one to talk, as he's never met a riff he didn't wish to cop. Here is but one example. Compare this obscure Yardbirds tune with Trick's "Baby Loves To Rock".

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X06P7SDPjdc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X06P7SDPjdc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jByQuXe3bzM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jByQuXe3bzM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Don't get me wrong, I adore Cheap Trick. But sometimes Rick Neilsen's mouth takes him to some fairly disingenuous places.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    that question shouldn't have even needed to be asked.
    It shouldn't have in one sense, but Stanley and Simmons weren't exactly forthright about it, either.

It wasn't like they were advertising shows post-2003 with the byline "Come See KISS: two originals and two imposters in makeup!!"

The band until the last year or so weren't going out of their way to mention that it was Thayer up there in Ace's getup or Singer in Peter's. Now, anyone with a brain should have known that, but I'd be willing to bet there were many casual fans who went to see KISS because they were an "event" band who didn't have the slightest idea...nor would they have cared much probably.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

been funny if they would have asked him if Peter was still in the band. burn!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

anyone notice $cab KI$$ has new costumes right, well as new as they are, Thayer still has nothing original. His pants are a tribute to Ace's current outfit.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thayer looks like Courtney Cox in a KISS costume. Ace looks like a ROCKER.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

KISS Allied With HS Football Team Back In 1970s

A couple hundred miles from the mean streets of Detroit Rock City, there was - still is, actually - a sleepy town on the edge of the Manistee National Forest up in northwest Michigan named Cadillac. Why they named their town after a car brand, we’ll never know.*

Anyway, the local football team, after a period of success, was struggling during the mid-’70s, and nobody was having any fun anymore. One assistant coach suggested introducing rock music to the locker room, settling on the dulcet tones of Gene Simmons and KISS. The experiment worked, if by “worked” you mean horribly… oh, wait, it actually did work, and the story eventually turns into what must have been one of the top 5 most badass high school moments of all time.

The MORNING SUN (MI) has the story of that fateful 1974 Cadillac team and the rock band who dared to care right back:

While coming up with an idea of whose music to play, [assistant coach Jim] Neff thought of band he had seen open for the New York Dolls. Their name was Kiss. Their elaborate stage show featured shooting flames and special effects, and their raucous, high energy music was bound to get the team pumped up. In addition, their name, spelled out in all capital letters, was the same as their saying in football, “Keep It Simple, Stupid.”

“So I thought, this is the perfect band,” Neff said.

So it turned out to be, with the team regaining its winning ways and head coach Dave Brines keeping in contact with the band over the project. Brines even took a few players down to a KISS show in Detroit, which would probably have been the coolest thing they could have imagined would come from the simple decision to get some rock going in the locker room.

And it would have indeed been the coolest… until local school administrators tried the “let’s not say ‘no’ to anything at all” plan, and KISS actually came to town:

Then in the fall of 1975, Neff saw that Kiss would be playing at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo right around the same time as homecoming. An idea of having a couple of the band members come up to a pep assembly and sign autographs evolved into having them bring the entire concert to Cadillac.

School Superintendent William Smith and Cadillac High School Principal John Laurent signed on to the plan, and the rest was history. Or as their fans call it, Kisstory.

Kiss cut a ribbon at the school’s door to mark their entrance, and followed a whirlwind schedule that included meeting with the football team, photos with the team and cheerleaders, and meeting students in the hallways.

That evening, Gene Simmons ignited the bonfire with his fire-breathing trick, although a confederate offered some help behind the scenes.

Awesome, yes. In fact, let’s go one better and show some actual footage from their visit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9zGQLBGPTQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9zGQLBGPTQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The next day, Kiss was offered the key to the city at a breakfast complete with city officials in Kiss face paint. Neff sported Kiss makeup along with City Manager Don Mason, Mayor Pete Wagner, his wife, Smith, Brines and Laurent.

That afternoon the band had its own float in the homecoming parade.

Take notes, because nothing like this will ever happen in public schools ever again.

And this is Reason #5,242 why we’re sure we were born about 20 years too late.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

anyone notice $cab KI$$ has new costumes right, well as new as they are, Thayer still has nothing original. His pants are a tribute to Ace's current outfit.

Hate to say it and no disrespect but Thayer looks like Tommy Lee in Kiss makeup in this photo. Ace just looks badass. (No disrespect to Tommy Lee that is).

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

In Tommy's defense, Poj and I saw them in Greensboro in '03 when they toured with Aerosmith... We had seats right next to the side ramps.... Tommy came up there a few times right next to us and really seemed to be a cool guy...

Just sayin'....

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nice guy or not, he's a scab. He cannot be proud of what he's doing. Sure he's making some nice dough, but he has to be humiliated most of the time. He's a trained monkey

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it's disgraceful what they've done to Ace and Peter...

But don't blame Tommy and Eric, you know as well as I do that's Paul and Gene's doing all the way...

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 10:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it's disgraceful what they've done to Ace and Peter...

But don't blame Tommy and Eric, you know as well as I do that's Paul and Gene's doing all the way...
    No point in either of them giving up the paycheque....someone is going to collect.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post

No problem with either one of them. I accepted Eric when he was in the band for Revenge, but he was Eric Singer-NOT the Catman.

Thayer in Black n' Blue was fine, but NOT the Spaceman.

It's the $$$ factor from Gene that kills me.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's just the blatantly greedy attitude of both Gene and Paul, coupled with a real lack of originality and sense of adventure.

I contrast what is happening now with the beginnings of the band, back when they were willing to take a chance, do something different, play and perform like they had nothing to lose and go for broke.

Now, the band is totally safe, barely willing to make new music (2 albums in ten years is a pathetic output) and the band exists for no other reason than to keep Gene and Paul living the high life.

Eric Singer is a talented drummer who could go out and tour with just about any other established band. That was true before KISS, just as it was true when I saw him playing with Alice Cooper in 2007.

Tommy Thayer is just an Ace Frehley clone. Beneath contempt and barely worth mentioning.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

KISS - Fan-Filmed 1976 Black And White Live Footage From London, Ontario Unearthed

October 04, 2009

YouTube has once again proven its worth, as three black and white fan-filmed clips of KISS performing in London, Ontario on April 24th, 1976 have been unearthed and posted online. The tracks on offer are 'Deuce', 'Flaming Youth' and 'Strutter'. Check them out below.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7TnpnifrRE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7TnpnifrRE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iu3ZHd8atg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iu3ZHd8atg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGz3rCEg1xg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AGz3rCEg1xg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As previously reported, to get fans pumped up for the release of the new KISS album, Sonic Boom, the band are featuring exclusive in-studio video clips at the KISSonline Sonic Boom page. Check out the latest clip below:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tB1yPzPrZKQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tB1yPzPrZKQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

According to The Late Night TV Page, KISS will be guests on the Late Show With David Letterman on Tuesday, October 6th.

33. 2 users say thank you to Full Bug for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (10-06-2009),indeedido (10-04-2009)

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

sweet find!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think this was a month after Destroyer was released. Interesting too that they are not wearing the Destroyer costumes.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-26-2012 @ 02:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    I am listening to Kiss Alive II right now. Does anybody out there in van halen land think that a Kiss/Van Halen tour for spring/summer 2010 kick ass? Darn ganja got me thinking...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gene was on the Stern show this morning via phone... crappy interview, Gene doing too much shtick... but Gene did plug Ace's new solo CD by name, I thought that was pretty cool of him.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

via phone? they're on Letterman tonight, Gene shoulda got his ass to the studio.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    via phone? they're on Letterman tonight, Gene shoulda got his ass to the studio.
    Paul and Gene were supposed to come in together but didn't... Stern claims it was because Gene and Paul can't stand each other and Gene said it was because Paul didn't want to do the Stern show.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Former KISS drummer Peter Criss has issued the following update:

"This is Breast Cancer awareness month...

In '08, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, but with (early detection) my great doctor Alex Swistel and staff and the Lord above, who always looks over me, I am cancer free today!!!

I wanted to let you know men get it like women do. Don't be afraid to let someone know if you have a lump. Do the right thing for you and your loved ones and get it checked. Man or woman, there is no discrimination with breast cancer... we all don't have nine lives.

Love to all of my fans."

A previous update from Criss reads:

"I would like to thank the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame for the nomination and recognition of the original KISS. As a founding member, I am deeply grateful to the Hall of Fame for their consideration. It would be an honor and a dream come true to be inducted."

KISS are among a dozen finalists for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Five of the 12 nominees will be chosen for induction from ballots cast by more than 500 music industry voters. An announcement of the inductees is expected in January, and the Hall's 25th Annual Induction Ceremony will take place March 15th at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City. Broadcast plans have not yet been announced.

According to Wikipedia, Criss struggled with drug abuse through many of the years he was in the band. Although he was always credited as drummer, 1977's Love Gun was the last KISS album on which he played throughout. In 1995, Criss appeared at the official KISS Konvention in Los Angeles that led to the KISS live performance that was recorded for MTV Unplugged. In April 1996, KISS held a press conference to announce a reunion tour with all four original members. The 1996–97 Alive/Worldwide Tour was an enormous success, and the reunited KISS released a studio album, 1998's Psycho Circus. However, controversy arose when it was discovered that Criss only played drums on one track 'Into the Void'.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Downloaded the new album. Gotta admit it's their best release since the 70's...

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I know somebody that went to a show here last night. I'll have to ask him how it was...Although he partys pretty heavy so his view might be skewed.....

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Holy crap... Sonic Boom sucks... boring and amateurish.
    Makes 'Hot In The Shade' sound like 'Night At The Opera'...
    Ace wins... no contest!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    'Bout to check 'em out on Letterman...

Thread Information