• Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by fraroc
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... Usw-dUnCPw

http://www.rocktracks.de/chicks/forum/v ... 8&start=50

The Truth about VINNIE VINCENT (& the KISS Expos)....

......He fucked up twice with KlSS, with the Invasion and also his manager had to quit working with him because he couldn't handle him anymore. It has been more than one month since Vinnie left back to the US and I have not heard a word from him ever since nor did he send me or anybody else any money back.

This Information is being sent out to the media and the press and all people involved in the KISS and music-business.
    Gerhard Wimmer/May 1996
    ================================================== ======

All I gotta say is, Vinnie Vincent has issues. No denying that. Talented man, don't get me wrong, but honestly he has some sort of paranoid anti-social thing going on.

My God what a waste of time to even read half of that. Who gives a fuck?

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ace's house burns? Were his possessions still onsite?
      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by jacksmar
        Ace's house burns? Were his possessions still onsite?
        I just posted that at another site. Sounds like he might have been responsible because he's losing the house because he hasn't made a payment in years.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Looked more like a place where pot farmers dry their weed than a house from those pictures.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

A (NSFW) holiday greeting from the Simmons family - link.
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

OK..... who told Chaim about our Helliday traditions down here??
                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Speaking of Crazy Nights.......

Decibel Geek is a weekly podcast and website dedicated to the discussion of rock and metal bands such as KISS, AC/DC, Motley Crue, and more!
                  A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    It's a really interesting book, in terms of how rock and roll economics worked back then...

With each subsequent tour following the Creatures one, KISS had to accept lower guarantees from promoters because ticket sales for them were consistently sluggish throughout the 1980s. The band had to rely on a patchwork of multiple bank loans and advances from their record company just to be able to meet tour production expenses from week to week. By the time 1988 rolled around, the band was heading for structured bankruptcy.
                    And apparently none of this was a shock to Gene or Paul, since their managers had consistently told them they have to stop spending like they did in the 1970s. But Gene and Paul never did. They took out so many advances on their record contract, and their albums in the 80s weren't selling as much as they did in the 1970s, resulting at one point where their record company stopped paying them because of all the outstanding advances.
                    The recently released Nothin' To Lose (1972-1975) pretty much covers the same details, but with less honesty than the KISS And Sell book, yet on the other hand, the author of the latter (some guy named C.K. Lendt...Yeah, me neither) didn't join the "network" until sometime in 1976, which makes you question his take on the early years.

A downside to Nothin' To Lose is the fact that it only covers three years in...uhhh...KISSTORY. Which would somewhat indicate that at this rate, we can look forward to roughly another FORTY books to get the (semi) complete story .

Great, I'll need something to read in my rocking chair at the retirement home.

Yeah, it's a lightweight, fawning, People-magazine type read. Still, pretty damned entertaining in a "Hey, look what I...err, we did" sort of way.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Funny...the RNRHOF thing puts KI$$ in the 96-VH-trap! which means they are done!

finally...
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

As if anyone is surprised....

================================================== =====================

2/22: ACE FREHLEY CONFIRMS NO ORIGINAL KISS PERFORMANCE AT HOF

February 22, 2014 By Eddie

Exclusive new late tonight. Ace Frehley called into my radio show live tonight and confirmed that he and Peter are being denied the opportunity to perform at the R&R Hall Of Fame ceremony by Gene and Paul, who will perform instead with the current band. Ace said (and the HOF confirmed to me directly) that the HOF wants the original band. However Gene and Paul to date have declined to allow this to happen. Ace said it was important he let the fans know exactly what was happening since tickets are about to go on sale to the public and he didn’t want fans to purchase them expecting a reunion performance even for a song or two. Ace said he is undecided if he will even attend in light of this decision. Even though the HOF would prefer the original band, they will not stand in the way of the current band playing if that is all Gene and Paul are willing to do. Assume anything is possible that something could change, but at this time there are no plans at all for Ace and Peter to play, or perhaps even be there depending what they decide. As I have said consistently when there was news to share I would let it come directly from a member, and tonight Ace let everyone know exactly what was going on. Said he was most upset for the fans who voted them in and were hoping to see a song or two, but also said it is now time to move on. He is working on a new album and said the stress was really killing him about the HOF and he needed to let fans know what was up before tickets went on sale. Peter will likely have a similar statement on his site tomorrow. I’ll continue to keep you posted as more info develops but that’s where things are at now. I’m sure the audio will be on YouTube of Ace’s call but you can hear the entire show next weekend as usual on all affiliate stations and online outlets as well. Sad day for long time Kiss fans but at least we know where things stand as of now. The producer/director for the HOF show Joel Gallen expressed an interest in coming on the air soon. As usual my door is open to any and all to discuss. More soon.
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I was thinking about going to the Rock Hall and watching the ceremony live but I'll probably skip it now.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

KI$$ is to music what herpes is to fucking...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

And Van Halen's induction ceremony was an embarrassment?

If those two egomaniacs come out with Tommy and Eric, with Ace and Peter not showing up, that will surpass it....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If it's like past RRHOF disputes, the scabs will play, but only the inductees will go to the podium and speak.

This is the KISS bio on the Rock Hall site:

Few bands short of the Beatles inspired more kids to play the guitar and drums than KISS. With their signature makeup, explosive stage show and anthems like “Rock And Roll All Nite” and “Detroit Rock City,” they are the very personification of rock stars. Original members Peter Criss, Ace Frehley, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons came together in New York in 1972. While their first two records did not generate many sales, they quickly gained a national following for their bombastic, pyro-filled stage show. Their 1975 live album Alive! captured that energy and reached Number Nine on the charts, quickly making them one of the most popular bands of the 1970s – scoring countless hit singles, sold-out tours and appearing everywhere from comic books to lunch boxes to their very own TV movie. In 1977, KISS received a People’s Choice Award for the song “Beth.” Ace Frehley and Peter Criss left the band in the early 1980s to pursue solo careers, while KISS regrouped with a different lineup of musicians. Another major change was the group’s decision to take off their makeup for 1983’s Lick It Up. They continued to be a popular live draw, but in 1996 the original quartet reformed (and they put their makeup back on) and KISS mania was reborn. In 2009, with another new lineup, KISS released Sonic Boom, their first album of new material in 11 years. They released Monster in 2012.
                                Note only the original band members are mentioned by name. I wonder if that means they are the only members to be inducted.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...