Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,840 of 2080

Thread: KISS News Bits

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    Watched some videos from the opening night. It's Milli KISSilli now. Paul's vocals are so obviously piped in, pathetic. Stage show looks interesting though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Stage does look good but all the pyro and bombs and video screens ain't gonna save the train wreck that this is now.

Even the songs just plod along - slow and no energy. Paul and Gene can barely move around out there. And I don't like hearing Eric Singer - scab catman - sing Beth or Black Diamond. Its just so bad.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

It's like those fireworks kits where you just light the fuse and it does the whole show.

I think the pyros and lights are probably synced as well as the backing tracks.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Which, I mean...so many bands of all genres have been doing that live 'enhancement' thing for so long now that many people apparently either don't care or just accept it.

Me, I prefer to have whatever I'm hearing live be created solely by the musicians onstage in real time. Call it anachronistic, a dinosaur mentality/old school or whatever, but it's just part of what I want out of a live experience.
    Same same! It's a travesty now

4. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-05-2019)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Hey Paul, is there an echo in there? That's the best episode I've seen of Lip Sync Battle!

6. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-06-2019)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...4dfc23973b4d3f

KISS rocker Gene Simmons wants “dishonest” bands who use backing tapes to include that fact on their concert tickets.

Simmons claimed some of the world’s biggest performers are relying on prerecorded music or vocals in concerts.

“I have a problem when you charge $100 to see a live show and the artist uses backing tracks,” Simmons said. “It’s like the ingredients in food, if the first ingredient on the label is sugar that’s at least honest. It should be on every ticket — you’re paying $100, 30 to 50 per cent of the show is (on) backing tracks and they’ll sing sometimes, sometimes they’ll lip synch. At least be honest. It’s not about backing tracks, it’s about dishonesty.

“There’s nobody with a synthesiser on our stage, there’s no samples on the drums, there’s nothing. There’s very few bands who do that now — AC/DC, Metallica, us. I can’t even say that about U2 or the Stones. There’s very few bands who don’t use (backing) tracks.”

I was talking to a lifelong Ki$$ fan today who said he would like to pay the $800 for the meet and greet at the arena here so he could punch his fat face.

I pointed out he may have a stand in for that or it could just be a video of him...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Wow!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...4dfc23973b4d3f

I was talking to a lifelong Ki$$ fan today who said he would like to pay the $800 for the meet and greet at the arena here so he could punch his fat face.

I pointed out he may have a stand in for that or it could just be a video of him...
    As Gene says, so dishonest.

As opposed to, say, recording some live shows, taking those tapes into a recording studio and re-recording over the tapes, dubbing just about anything one could think of (including noises of cheering crowds), then releasing all of that as a 'live' album which would be titled something along the lines of...say, 'Alive!' and not disclosing how the album was actually made until years and years later - now THAT reeks of integrity.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's not over until the fat lady sings?

10. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-27-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    Has the Star Child had a sex change operation and gained weight? Haha! Well it might be over when Gene gropes Paul's wife's ass but apparently Gene just does that to Ace's woman.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

13. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-10-2019)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Has the Star Child had a sex change operation and gained weight? Haha! Well it might be over when Gene gropes Paul's wife's ass but apparently Gene just does that to Ace's woman.
    Paul might be very jealous if that ever happened, he'd be like, "why won't Gene ever touch me like that! What am I, chopped liver warmed over twice!?"

15. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-27-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Not bad.

Paul's vocals sounded passable enough. Couldn't tell if they were partially piped in or not from the clip, but I've seen clips from the last several tours where they've sounded rougher. Smart move splitting up the tunes between the ones Gene sings lead on and the Paul ones, in terms of pacing.

Stage show looked good. At least the band isn't going out with a show where it looks like they've skimped on production costs.

Pretty good setlist. Nice to hear them playing War Machine. A few odd choices: one of the tracks early on in the set I didn't quite recognize, and had to look up afterward to find out it was Say What? from the Sonic Boom album. Have only heard Sonic Boom and Monster once or twice apiece. That tune didn't really stack up well alongside most of the rest of the setlist. Thought the title track to the Psycho Circus album was another odd choice: are longtime, hardcore KISS fans over the moon about that track and that album? The other weird one was Hide Your Heart, which...well, can't say as I was a huge fan of what KISS was doing during that Asylum/Crazy Nights/Hot In The Shade period. Not back in the day, and that stuff hasn't gotten much better to my ears.

Didn't much care for Eric Singer singing Beth. Much along the lines as me not caring for Thayer singing Shock Me: Beth and Shock Me...man, those are just signature Criss and Frehley tunes. You know, I can give Singer a pass for singing Black Diamond, but...you know, I get it in that Criss isn't in any condition to play a full set with the band (and hasn't been by his own admission for at least a decade) if he wanted to. I dunno...seems silly for me to talk about integrity and nuance when talking about KISS...their over-the-top, in-your-face bombastics were part of what I loved about them in the first place, but is nothing fucking sacred to Gene and Paul? I suppose not, if they had no compunctions about sticking Thayer and Singer in Criss's and Frehley's makeup to begin with. You'd think Singer might have had some misgivings about singing Beth, though...although now that I think about it, Gene and Paul had Eric Carr re-record Beth, so fuck Peter Criss has been the mindset for decades, I suppose.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not bad.

Paul's vocals sounded passable enough. Couldn't tell if they were partially piped in or not from the clip, but I've seen clips from the last several tours where they've sounded rougher. Smart move splitting up the tunes between the ones Gene sings lead on and the Paul ones, in terms of pacing.
    Terry I usually agree with almost all your posts but are you fucking mental?

Click on this.

No one is singing live on this, the only question is whether 90% of the music is piped in or all of it.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-10-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,279 Times in 4,710 Posts

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Trunk seems to think that Paul's not the only one faking....

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Yeah saw this. Pathetic.

And guess what Stan is doing now?

He is starting to sing the first verse of Detroit Rock City - but then lip synchs the rest. LOL

Just to throw the whole "he's not singing" controversy off. But its so obvious because he can barely make it through that first verse then all of a sudden doesn't have problems for the rest of the song.

21. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Terry (04-27-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Terry I usually agree with almost all your posts but are you fucking mental?

Click on this.

No one is singing live on this, the only question is whether 90% of the music is piped in or all of it.
    I mean, I just couldn't tell...

Like, I could tell that Paul's lead vocals, regardless of the piped-in vs. live factor, sounded as if they had been sung more recently: they sounded about right for a guy his age, with the attendant problems he has had with his voice over the last 5 years.

As to if Stanley had made fresher recordings of his vocals for the setlist in advance of the tour - complete with multiple edits/takes (I suppose he could have done the tracks line for line - and he's miming along to those recordings (or doing partial live vocals along with the recordings, or if the only thing live regarding Stanley is his inbetween song banter) - very little would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene's vocals were piped in, too.

I just couldn't tell for certain based on the thread clip here I watched, in terms of catching Stanley miming badly, or whatever. If you say he was, I'm not going to disbelieve you. I mean, it's not like Stanley miming vs. actually singing is going to be a deal-breaker for me in terms of attending a show or not.

Now, when Stanley jettisoned his frontman stagecraft technique of slapping his own ass while he minced across the stage...I mean, fuck, once THAT was out of the arsenal, THAT was a deal-breaker.

"LISten, I was miming along to a recording while I was pretending to talk to someone backstage tonight..."

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't necessarily think Paul is totally lip-syncing. He's singing over a loud piped in vocal track like that Simpson girl did on SNL...

24. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-17-2019)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 3,229 Posts

Blog Entries
    I mean, I just couldn't tell...

Like, I could tell that Paul's lead vocals, regardless of the piped-in vs. live factor, sounded as if they had been sung more recently: they sounded about right for a guy his age, with the attendant problems he has had with his voice over the last 5 years.

As to if Stanley had made fresher recordings of his vocals for the setlist in advance of the tour - complete with multiple edits/takes (I suppose he could have done the tracks line for line - and he's miming along to those recordings (or doing partial live vocals along with the recordings, or if the only thing live regarding Stanley is his inbetween song banter) - very little would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene's vocals were piped in, too.

I just couldn't tell for certain based on the thread clip here I watched, in terms of catching Stanley miming badly, or whatever. If you say he was, I'm not going to disbelieve you. I mean, it's not like Stanley miming vs. actually singing is going to be a deal-breaker for me in terms of attending a show or not.

Now, when Stanley jettisoned his frontman stagecraft technique of slapping his own ass while he minced across the stage...I mean, fuck, once THAT was out of the arsenal, THAT was a deal-breaker.

"LISten, I was miming along to a recording while I was pretending to talk to someone backstage tonight..."
    If Britney Speers can use Autotune anyone can. Remember it's KI$$. Them New York jews will pull any trick to make a buck.

26. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-17-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    If Britney Speers can use Autotune anyone can. Remember it's KI$$. Them New York jews will pull any trick to make a buck.
    Goddamn Jesus-killing, miming Juden!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Live, or Memorex? er, Memory Card?

29. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-17-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Compare that to this one from 1990

31. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-17-2019)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Compare that to this one from 1990

Man...what a fucking great live voice...

33. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Man...what a fucking great live voice...

Guy could sing, no doubt about that.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Somewhat related:

NIKKI SIXX DEFENDS MOTLEY CRUE’S USE OF BACKING TAPES
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki...backing-tapes/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think a lot of people can just about see past backing vocals and keyboards being piped in but lead vocals and guitars are a red line for the majority.

37. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-14-2019),Terry (02-17-2019)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, according to Sebastian Bach:

Sebastian wrote in a series of tweets: "KISS hit the exact same notes
    [Tuesday] night in Anaheim that they did in their 30s.

"I listened to Paul Stanley sing his ass off LIVE. I paid tribute to the
    band that has given us more than any other band that any of us can
    name. I have seen way more obvious use of backing tracks than with
    KISS.

"KISS is not lip syncing," he added. "There are too busy putting on
    the greatest rock show you will ever see."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/seb...c-accusations/

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Guy could sing, no doubt about that.
    I have seen him on the Monsters of Rock 1988. Paul was killing it! Psycho Circus Tour, fantastic! 2014 struggeling heavily...this year...well...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    Somewhat related:

NIKKI SIXX DEFENDS MOTLEY CRUE’S USE OF BACKING TAPES
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki...backing-tapes/
    The show I saw on Motley Crue's 'final' tour...the backing tapes were so egregious it was more amusing than anything else. The heaviest use of the tapes were for filling out the guitar parts. Like, with Mick Mars, I can almost understand it, because the guy is very seriously physically ill. Even so, at one point they were playing...what the fuck was it...Don't Go Away Mad, and when Mars was soloing you hear Mars soloing, the electric backing rhythm part AND the acoustic rhythm part all going simultaneously...and I couldn't help but laugh.

The other show I remember for being not particularly subtle about backing tracks was Def Leppard in...either 2007 or 2008. A LOT of backing guitar tracks and backing vocal tracks piped in, again to the point where it was laughable.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have seen him on the Monsters of Rock 1988. Paul was killing it! Psycho Circus Tour, fantastic! 2014 struggeling heavily...this year...well...

The only time I ever got around to seeing KISS was the Asylum tour. I'd say maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of the 15,000 seat arena was full. Wasn't an all-around great show, but two things stood out to me. One was that Eric Carr was a fucking MONSTER live. Much more so than he ever was on virtually every KISS album he played on outside of Creatures. The other was that Paul Stanley was a very, very good live vocalist. He was belting the shit out of one song after another.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I honestly think that there is a large part of the population out there that have become unaccustomed to live music because of all this fucking chicanery.

Nikki Six comments are hardly a surprise. Last time I saw them in 2011 I'm not sure any of it was live, followed by Def Leppard one of the only gigs I've ever walked out of.

Compare and contrast.

I'll take this any day, yet there are a bunch of people complaining about vocals in YouTube comments area.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-15-2019 at 08:40 AM.

43. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-15-2019),Terry (02-15-2019)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only time I ever got around to seeing KISS was the Asylum tour. I'd say maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of the 15,000 seat arena was full. Wasn't an all-around great show, but two things stood out to me. One was that Eric Carr was a fucking MONSTER live. Much more so than he ever was on virtually every KISS album he played on outside of Creatures. The other was that Paul Stanley was a very, very good live vocalist. He was belting the shit out of one song after another.
    Never saw KISS with Carr but he sounds pretty good on the Love Gun clip I posted.

45. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-15-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Never saw KISS with Carr but he sounds pretty good on the Love Gun clip I posted.
    Oh, I mean, Carr was ferocious live...and it probably seemed all the more so because so much of what he did with KISS studio-wise - again, outside of the Creatures album - was often very simplistic and metronomic.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I honestly think that there is a large part of the population out there that have become unaccustomed to live music because of all this fucking chicanery.

Nikki Six comments are hardly a surprise. Last time I saw them in 2011 I'm not sure any of it was live, followed by Def Leppard one of the only gigs I've ever walked out of.

Compare and contrast.

I'll take this any day, yet there are a bunch of people complaining about vocals in YouTube comments area.
    One thing you can certainly say about the Tokyo Dome album, along with Roth's vocals on all the reunion tours, is that Dave clearly isn't singing along with pre-recorded lead vocal tracks.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Only 2 backing vocalist voices too.

I don't think they are even using the vocal effects processors even bar bands use to boost backing vocals.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Listening to the Whisky show from the other day. Stanley sounds rough. If that's a tape they should have put more work into it.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Listening to the Whisky show from the other day. Stanley sounds rough. If that's a tape they should have put more work into it.
    That's what threw me about the recent Vancouver show, in that, like...Stanley's voice doesn't sound flawless or like it did circa 1977 (or 1987, 1997...or even 2007)...so I'm left to wonder if they are using a backing lead vocal tape that was recorded, say, last fall in a studio somewhere, so that way at least Stanley's lead vocals don't sound like the band just lifted the vocal tracks from Kiss Alive 2 or something...like, it smacks of being a bit more...devious.

But did they intentionally pre-record Stanley's recent voice to intentionally sound rough, as well? Like, if you're going to use pre-recorded vocal tracks and mime along to them, isn't the point to sound better than just merely average or passable?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Whisky gig seems live enough...

Might be that they decided to play THIS particular show live because it was at a small venue with less distance between the band & audience (compared to an arena gig) and so it would have been much easier to spot the obvious fakery.

So I guess the moral there is.... only bother to see them on this tour if you can get into a club gig

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

53. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-18-2019)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Jesus.

Well, I guess so much for any of my giving Stanley the benefit of the doubt in terms of the lead vocals being a blend of live and pre-recorded.

55. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-21-2019)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

57. 2 users say thank you to silverfish for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (07-06-2019),Terry (07-04-2019)

Thread Information