X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
    Maybe it is time for me to go to my first Kiss concert. I was a never fan but I might go before it's too late. My first Kiss album was Lick It Up. Maybe that was my first mistake.

Ugh. Was my 1st too. Although I had "borrowed" my older brothers a couple times. never really was a big fan. But figured I had to see them once right? Sadly the show I went to was one of their worst tours. I should have waited another 10 years & seen their reunion show. But I think they are putting on a pretty decent show now, so it might be fun.

And seeing all the KISS freakos at the show will definitely be a trip.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
      Seems high, but look at it this way. $25 per headliner. Then it's about right.

HAVE FUN!

take pics or video if you can for us. Especially 'Too Young To Fall In Love' and 'God Of Thunder!'
      I'm leaning towards not going, even though they'll be like 1000 feet from my house....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        I'm leaning towards not going, even though they'll be like 1000 feet from my house....
        Can't you sit on your roof... or maybe climb a fence?

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
          My first Kiss album was Lick It Up.
          Wow... this post made me feel really old hahaha.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            Can't you sit on your roof... or maybe climb a fence?
            My son used to do that to get into some shows...

I can HEAR every concert, whether I want to or not....

It's kinda cool to hear the soundcheck for big shows sometimes though... Although in this place, "big shows" equals some country act....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Ugh. Was my 1st too. Although I had "borrowed" my older brothers a couple times. never really was a big fan. But figured I had to see them once right? Sadly the show I went to was one of their worst tours. I should have waited another 10 years & seen their reunion show.
              Saw them in 1990 or so on the Hot In the Shade tour - now that was a pretty lame tour. Faster Pussycat and Slaughter opened. I've never seen so many empty seats - felt kind of embarrassed for KISS. In their heyday they were selling out nightly. The old Vets Auditorium in Des Moines used to seat 15,000. That show had 5,000 people, tops, and that's being generous. Just six years later Ace and Peter were back and they were selling out nightly again. Now THAT was a great show ('96 reunion)! Seriously considering going to see this show with Motley - they're on my bucket 'o blood list.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                My son used to do that to get into some shows...

I can HEAR every concert, whether I want to or not....

It's kinda cool to hear the soundcheck for big shows sometimes though... Although in this place, "big shows" equals some country act....
                Well, tomorrow night it seems the country audience will be subjected to "KISS"
                ....they're appearing on the Academy of Country Music awards on CBS.

Are they going to bring Garth Brooks out to sing Hard Luck Woman, or will they try that country version of God of Thunder that they played at MTV Unplugged?

Last edited by FORD; 03-31-2012, 11:24 PM.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
                  Saw them in 1990 or so on the Hot In the Shade tour - now that was a pretty lame tour. Faster Pussycat and Slaughter opened. I've never seen so many empty seats - felt kind of embarrassed for KISS.
                  That reminds me of a particular show I went to, January 1, 1984 at the Tallahassee - Leon County Civic Center. It was written in the book "KISS Alive Forever" that this may be the most lightly attended KISS show in their history as a headlining band. The weather was terrible and some estimate that there were little more than 2,000 people in attendance.

Personally, I liked KISS without makeup better and I think that Bruce Kulick was far and away the best guitarist the band ever had.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Only time I ever saw 'em was in 1985. They were playing in a 15,000-odd seat arena and less than half the seats were sold. Black N' Blue opened up. I kinda felt embarrassed for 'em, too, although they put on such an abysmal show that after awhile it seemed only fitting they were playing to a half-full arena.

Probably one of my regrets far as concerts went was not ponying up and seeing the band once in the years 1996-2000. I fucking DUG Kiss when I was a kid in the 1970s, and I will say from the video I've seen of those years the band really got it right in terms of what a successful reunion tour SHOULD be.

Can't be bothered seeing scab Kiss now, though. Without Ace and Peter, the band doesn't hold as much interest for me. While Kulick was one of the better technical guitar players the band ever had, far as definitive KISS guitar solos go Ace Frehley was the beginning and end of story in my book.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

And now for something truly pathetic, KISS on Dancing
                      With the Stars, April 9, 2012:

(and if I'm not mistaken, I heard the guy at the end say
                      "They'll be back tomorrow [Tuesday the 10th].)
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

Oh
                        My
                        Fuckin
                        God.
                        Now That's fuckin Pathetic.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by silverfish
                          And now for something truly pathetic, KISS on Dancing
                          With the Stars, April 9, 2012:

(and if I'm not mistaken, I heard the guy at the end say
                          "They'll be back tomorrow [Tuesday the 10th].)
                          That was posted by the Kiss Army but now it's saying private?

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            That was posted by the Kiss Army but now it's saying private?
                            I'll bet there's quite alot the KISS Army want to keep private right about now...like the fact that their favorite band went on some idiotic TV show last night and managed to make the Village People look like fuckin' Motorhead.

When Gene said he didn't give a fuck about dignity, he really wasn't kidding around.....

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Here's a link to another site that has the video if you want to see it.

I'm glad I got to see them during the reunion tour with Peter and Ace. And weren't they both on the "Farewell" tour too?
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think that was the 'Goodbye tour'.

Or was it the 'See Ya tour?'

Or 'Definitely the last tour'?

Or was it the 'Look who's back tour...'

Comment

Working...