Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Creatures and Revenge were good albums. Lick It Up was okay. Asylum was turd-rock.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I like all of those, but have to stop at Crazy Nights and Hot in the Shade. Those are worse than all of Peter's solo albums combined!!!
      This space for rent.

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

Animalize is SO much better than Asylum in my opinion.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Creatures of the night,Lick it up,Asylum,Revenge.Non have Ace and Peter but all are great albums
          To me, those are mach II, III and IV versions of the band. Once the make-up was off, the name of the band might as well have changed. Even if those albums contain a collective handful of decent tunes, they'll never make me think of their pre-eighties gems that I grew up with.

Came across my Kiss dolls the other day. Hoping to make some homemade robot chicken videos with'em at some point.
          Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-01-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            To me, those are mach II, III and IV versions of the band. Once the make-up was off, the name of the band might as well have changed. Even if those albums contain a collective handful of decent tunes, they'll never make me think of their pre-eighties gems that I grew up with.

Came across my Kiss dolls the other day. Hoping to make some homemade robot chicken videos with'em at some point.
            Be sure to link them here when you do
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
              Animalize is SO much better than Asylum in my opinion.
              I like Paul's songs from Animalize but Gene's are shite

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Even the shitty production of the first three KISS studio albums notwithstanding, you're right: KISS in the 1970s was new and those albums were gems.

By the time the 1980s rolled around, the band wasn't special anymore...even the last couple of years in makeup during The Elder and Creatures period, the thrill was gone. And if I wanna be honest, KISS kinda went into overload in 1978 with Double Platinum, the 4 solo albums and the tv movie KISS Meets The Phantom of the Park. All of it was just too much KISS.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

There's good stuff on Asylum. 80s hit metal type of stuff, but it's good. I like Crazy Nights, even if it is power ballad-y. Not a huge fan of Hot in the Shade. Revenge was good stuff. To be honest, one of the albums I listen to least is Psycho Circus. Didn't really live up to the reunion hype, especially when you realized that Ace and Peter weren't really part of making it. I probably have listened to Sonic Boom and Monster more than Psycho Circus.

There are only a few KISS albums I can say that I dislike. The Elder I have no use for. "I" and "World Without Heros" are ok. Hot in The Shade I almost never play. "Hide Your Heart" is a good song. Psycho Circus. I HATED Peter's solo album. Gene's wasn't high on my list.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

I like Paul's songs from Animalize but Gene's are shite
                    The ONLY Gene song I liked from Animalize was Burn Bitch Burn because of the badass riff and the jaw droppingly hilarious lyrics.

Exciter, on the other hand....holy shit.....that's a good fuckin' song.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Check this out...

The singer does a good 2013 Stanley...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Elvis you naughty man

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Elvis you naughty man
                          You know you liked that...

That one guitar player looks like 1994 Dave, BTW...

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Psycho Circus from Saturday's show. Hands down, best stage since the 1992 Revenge tour. The spider just looks fucking huge, menacing and intimidating. It's THE Monster. In terms of Paul's voice, it's a HUGE improvement from the last time they preformed that song in November of 2012 when he croaked through the entire song. Considering that Detroit Rock City is now one of the encores, he sounded good for that song too. However, if his voice begins to have issues with DRC being so late in the setlist, it's gonna be the opener again.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
                              In terms of Paul's voice, it's a HUGE improvement from the last time they preformed that song in November of 2012 when he croaked through the entire song.
                              Well sure, how many keys did they bring it down?
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Well sure, how many keys did they bring it down?
                                All songs are currently one half octave down. Lick It Up, Heaven's on Fire and I Love It Loud are both one full octave down and Crazy Crazy Nights is An octave and a half.

More than enough proof that Paul really can't handle the 80s material anymore. He could probably still handle songs like Take Me or I Stole Your Love.

Comment

Working...