Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,520 of 2094

Thread: KISS News Bits

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    So the backlash obviously was strong enough to make them have to release a statement defending the decision to not play with Ace and Peter, and instead of giving the fans what they want, they are just going to cop out and not play at all.

Nice. Very nice.
    The only way they could do it is not to play any songs. Dump the makeup and costumes. Have everyone who was ever in KISS over the years show up and have everyone accept the award.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The biggest disaster was when Blondie had their hall of fame ceremony. We got to see the bad blood surface in a very ugly way. Hey. If you like train wrecks the hall of fame is for you. LOL!
    Excellent post.

Love the last part the most...damn THAT was ugly. The band sitting in the front row asking Debbie if they could play now...just pathetic.

Seems like Gene and Paul wanted to to right by EVERYONE that's ever been in the band but were shot down by the mistake by the lake museum. That's a real shame. I was looking forward to seeing a band do it right for the first time...and they wanted to...but an outside entity wanted drama. Not what the fans wanted after being snubbed for all these years despite almost every band mentioning them as a reason to play music in the first place that was inducted.

Doesn't detract from the fact that they will finally have their day to me...IDGAF about watching the ceremony now, and I will never go back to that hellhole again!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ace nailed it. It's about the fans. Period. No fans, no sales, no music career. Just the fact that you can make a good living making music shows someone out there appreciates you. KISS really is a brand more than a band. It seems they still can pack the house. I think people come to see the show more than any one member of that band. It's KISS and sell. Hell, it could possibly go on beyond Gene and Paul if you had the right guys and they could pull the shows off. LOL! If Ace and Peter are disposable well then. Gene and Paul are too. They have made the band fireworks and makeup. Anyone that has enough skill to play their respective parts can do it. KISS is not a band, it's a brand. Anyone with money can buy the franchise and do whatever they want with it. It's not KISS it's KI$$. End of story.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

C'mon...I'm sure Gene has entertained the idea of Nick wearing his Demon makeup? Sure he has!

All valid points though.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Everyone likes to bash Gene and Paul. The fact is, without those guys there would be no KISS. Ace and Peter would never have made it. They were too wild. You need someone with some brains and discipline to drive the train. Also Ace dressed up as a Nazi and fucked with Gene. Gene's mother spent time in a Nazi concentration camp during WWII. I would have beat the shit out of the guy and kicked him out of the band. Gene handled all that shit quite well. I love Ace. Love his timeless guitar riffs but man, he was a fuck up. Gene cut the guy more slack than I ever would have.

6. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

fraroc (02-26-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMaddVibe View Post
    C'mon...I'm sure Gene has entertained the idea of Nick wearing his Demon makeup? Sure he has!

All valid points though.
    I think this is where Gene differs from Eddie. You aren't going to be the demon unless you earn the right to be the demon. Son or not. I think Ed made the mistake of putting his young son in the band when he hadn't earned the privilege. I think how he treated Mike was a stab in the back. You don't treat a long time loyal member of the band that way. Unprofessional.

What I'm saying is KISS is a franchise and someone owns it. I would imagine Paul and Gene have equal shares. The big question is what are the families going to do and is someone going to buy it later and keep it going? That's the interesting question. Let's say you get some guys who can pull it off. Are people still going to be interested?

I doubt Nick would want to be in KISS. It doesn't seem to be his thing. I bet if you brought out the demon costume and said, hey Nick wear this shit he would bolt off running. LOL!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

I agree only the original four members should be inducted. The others had no impact on the music scene. I like Bruce, but come on, 80s and 90s KISS did nothing to push anything. Still riding on '70s KISS coat tails with hairband formula crap. The original band brought stage and performance to a record high. Shit their stage act is still being used by bands today. Pyro, flying, etc. They deserve to be in there as much as Alice Cooper or any other band. Gene and Paul are caught in a bit of a pickle because they have scabs and didn't move forward after the reunion. Hard to have two Ace's and two Peter's up there without looking like the fight scene from KISS meets the phantom of the park.
    Last edited by indeedido; 02-23-2014 at 02:02 PM.

9. 2 users say thank you to indeedido for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (03-06-2014),DLR Bridge (02-23-2014)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

In the end the solution is have them all play together current and old but without make up.
    While there are hard feelings and a lot of grown men acting like children I place the blame on the fucktards in the middle the Hall itself.

Kiss had notified the hall in advance and has been consistent for years they wanted all members inducted. The Hall insisted it was just the make up line up and that brings us to Eric Carr who amongst the varied Kiss camps of Paul, Gene, Ace, etc... is the one member all agree was beloved. The Hall did not respond to that and restated make up as originals. They still refused the request to add the other members who have over a decade in the band Bruce, Eric, Tommy, and Singer. So be it so you get the pissy response from Paul and Gene. In the end have everyone perform no make up so that issue is avoided. Kiss has performed without make up already this year, Ace will jam with anyone so move on with it. The Hall should stay out of it, they are making bad worse.

Asking Kiss to betray current members who have worked with the band going back to the 90's is wrong.
    Ignoring the foundation which all this is built is also wrong.
    There is a way to deal with this if the Hall would STFU and members directly spoke.
    The Hall's insistence on make up and reunion so it can hype itself and get better ratings is the biggest culprit.
    Last edited by Never was; 02-23-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Everyone likes to bash Gene and Paul. The fact is, without those guys there would be no KISS. Ace and Peter would never have made it. They were too wild. You need someone with some brains and discipline to drive the train. Also Ace dressed up as a Nazi and fucked with Gene. Gene's mother spent time in a Nazi concentration camp during WWII. I would have beat the shit out of the guy and kicked him out of the band. Gene handled all that shit quite well. I love Ace. Love his timeless guitar riffs but man, he was a fuck up. Gene cut the guy more slack than I ever would have.
    Gene's book "KISS and Make Up" went behind the curtain on several events where Ace and Peter...both given voting rights in the group and were valued members of the band...shirked their responsibilities through various stages of substance abuse, studio time and jackassery like Ace wearing a SS uniform and shooting a pistol at a recording hall. Anyone else would've fired them and told the story immedietly. Gene and Paul realized through their Wicked Lester band that they were going to have a band on THEIR terms. KISS, like them, love them...even if you hate them are Gene's and Paul's band. No ifs, ands or buts. When Peter and Ace quit they left with their voting rights and they reclaimed them. When Peter walked Ace didn't want to do The Elder. He wanted a more rock album and viewed it as going down the wrong path...he was right but he was out voted on the direction. That's when he realized he had no voice as it would always be 2 against 1...forever. When he left they were free to do what they wanted and shedding the makeup was a first step.

As for the other members not being as viable, I say BULLSHIT! They went on to have more hits and success despite Ace and Peter not being there. "Forever" is a great song and Vinnie Vincent singlehandedly wrote and played almost everything on "Lick It Up" because Gene and Paul were going in different directions...Paul wanted Broadway and Gene wanted Hollywood. They were brought back to the fold though and realized that KISS is home. To further that the other guys mattered..."Carr Jam" was dusted off as a tribute drum solo on "Revenge" (which is probably one of their best solid efforts since "Rock And Roll Over"! They gave Bruce Kulick a proper send off by letting him play have song rights on "Carnival of Souls" that kicked ass! They didn't have to do that...they realized he was good, and he was. He wasn't Ace...he wouldn't wear the makeup either and that's probably the reason why he isn't in KISS today. He valued Ace's contributions and we all should...that string bending pentanonic riff shredding pickup switch dittering guitar melting your face off player deserves it...but lets not sugar coat the facts that drugs and booze got in the way of a great band and half it's members. Gene and Paul weren't going to just quit and start another band...again. KISS is and will always be their baby. I applaud them for the chances they've taken throughout the years. They're one band that I can say I've seen upwards of 30 times in my lifetime...the first time being in Anaheim when they blew up their stage as a kid. The left on mark on me and they will always be that one band that brings the circus, strip bar, Fourth of July and comic book heroes to a rock concert. They're one of my favorites of all-time and I'm so glad they're finally getting a nod that should've been theirs long before Run-DMC, Madonna, Blondie and a host of others that didn't deserve to be in BEFORE them.

They don't need my money anymore...I'm glad to listen to them a lot...even "Monster and "Sonic Boom" have decent tracks where they prove they're not ready to hop in the hole and push daisies. If they want to keep on keeping on...fine...if they want to sell the "franchise"...good for them and I'm quite positive they'll have clauses to keep the new guys "real". Gotta hand it to them...they are a brand and Col. Parker is somewhere in hell biting his nails at all the angles they played that he didn't think of! This band has had members quit, members die, members fired...man...what a legacy and if they only would've been given the opportunity to do it right, I know they would've done it with a bang...fireworks, confetti and laser lights!

12. 2 users say thank you to DrMaddVibe for this KICKASS post:

Never was (02-23-2014),Nitro Express (02-23-2014)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tommy Thayer has worked for Kiss since the recording of Revenge, he was with the band during the "reunion" as well. His onstage contribution was natural since he is a Les Paul player and already had a decade plus working with the band before ever walking onto stage so kinda a no brainer. He is not a recent scab and even Ace said publicly he hates the make up but would have picked Tommy if he was running Kiss after he was bounced.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Anything KISS did that was worthy of Hall of Fame induction was before that fucking disco album, which began the disintegration of the band.

So in other words, the original lineup IS the only thing worth talking about, in the context of the Hall of Fame.

If you like those 80's albums with the Desmond Childmolestor ballads, or the current scabs in Ace & Peter's makeup then by all means listen to them. But don't delude yourself that it's what got them the nomination. And that includes you, Chaim and Stan.

The revolving door bullshit is what kept them out of the running as long as it did. Same with Van Halen, and we all saw what a joke that ceremony turned into, with no current band members showing up, and only one original band member making an ass of himself with that tequila shilling chedhead whose ass he can't seem to remove his skull from.

15. 5 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (03-06-2014),fraroc (02-23-2014),indeedido (02-24-2014),relliot (02-24-2014),sonrisa salvaje (02-23-2014)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Gene is a fucking asshole. Case closed ! Ace and Peter should play with them. The fact that they want the clones there too play is a fucking joke !!!!!

17. 2 users say thank you to 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

indeedido (02-24-2014),relliot (02-24-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Don't even get me started on this.

I don't give a fucking shit about the hall of fame. I swear, I'm one of the few people who totally fucking saw this coming. I knew right from the motherfucking beginning that the originals getting back together was too good to be true. Am I surprised that the originals are not going to be perform at the HOF? Fuck, I would have been surprised if they DID perform again.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    Gene is a fucking asshole. Case closed ! Ace and Peter should play with them. The fact that they want the clones there too play is a fucking joke !!!!!
    Gene is proud of being an asshole. He's the demon. Bob from sesame street ain't going to fit into that role.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    they are a brand and Col. Parker is somewhere in hell biting his nails at all the angles they played that he didn't think of! This band has had members quit, members die, members fired...man...what a legacy and if they only would've been given the opportunity to do it right, I know they would've done it with a bang...fireworks, confetti and laser lights!
    David Lee Roth once said "If you can't do it under one light bulb, you can't do it at all." Paul Stanley said the show is icing on the cake. The songs are the cake. KISS is still around because they have a large repertoire of solid songs. Many of them being classics people still love to hear. If the music sucked and they sucked at playing it, all the rest of it ain't going to save them.

In short. They still deliver the goods people want to pay for. End of story.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Why is the Hall ok inducting over 20 members for some bands including members who literally did session work only but for Kiss originals or nothing, total double standard that makes zero sense regardless of the personalities involved.

Hagar, I can't stand the guy but it was right in my mind for the Hall to include him. He was there over a decade and sold significant records. I do not like it as a fan but it is fair. The only request to exclude anyone has come from the Hall itself and they are getting a free pass.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Their induction policy is definitely inconsistent at best.......

Black Sabbath - originals only, though Dio was definitely deserving.

Van Halen - SHOULD have been originals only. Hagar was definitely NOT deserving.

Ac/Dc - should have been inducted based on their original 6 pack, but the year they got in suggests they were voted in on the basis of "Back In Black" alone. Bon Scott deservedly inducted with the current lineup.

Heart - Pretty sure that was originals only (as it should have been. Their 80's lineup was cheesy)

Fleetwood Mac - Inducted both the early Peter Green/Danny Kirwan/Jeremy Spencer lineups and the more commercially successful Buckingham/Nicks era, but strangely omitted Bob Welch who anchored the band in the early 70s. Also left out the scabs who replaced Lindsey and Stevie in the late 80s, but nobody really cared about that part.

Grateful Dead - easily the most inclusive of all nominated bands. They even included Vince Welnik, who played in the 1990s, and Tom Constanten (their "forgotten" keyboard player from the late 60s. And given the premature death of all the other Dead keyboard players, he's probably happy to be forgotten!) Hell, they even included lyricist Robert Hunter, who never played on a record, but was obviously a key player in their musical creation)

....point is, they don't seem to have any consistent rules on who is or is not eligible. They seem to avoid such controversies by delaying induction of bands with high turnover rate as long as they possibly can. Can't really blame them for that.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Who need the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I would love to see them put on a free concert in Cleveland with all the members of KISS who wanted to do it just to send the message, "Fuck You Hall of Fame! We can do it without you and do it better!"

24. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DrMaddVibe (02-24-2014)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

with the RRHOF, it obviously depends how 'cool' the self-styled tastemakers who vote on all this think a particular band / performer is ... and how begrudgingly or otherwise they are at finally inducting them. With KISS, I think it is begrudging on the RRHOF's part - but they are running out of legitimate inductees, and will soon be inducting acts that have not had the impact of the artists of the 50s-70s.

When the Stones requested that their road manager and sometime touring pianist be inducted - Ian Stewart - he was inducted along with them.

What will be interesting is the Nirvana induction - they are in at first ask, but it is 25 years after their very first Sub Pop records, which were not what made them famous or had the impact that merits this induction at the very first opportunity.

So, are they inducting the original drummer as well as Dave Grohl? Seems to me that they have to, or else the 25-year rule is revealed as bullshit. My feeling is that Nirvana should have been up for nomination 25 years after Nevermind, and that would not be until 2016, with induction in 2017. But, hey, I guess Nirvana are too cool not to fast track into this gigantic cabinet of fossils.

I always thought that awards and gongs and grammies and all that crap had nothing to do with rock'n'roll - how many grammies did the Stones win when they were making their best records?
    Answer - zero. As it should have been, because they were perceived to be not the safe kind of crap that usually garnered such awards.

The three best responses to induction to the RRHOF, in my opinion were:

1: Sex Pistols. Sending letter to RRHOF saying 'fuck off, we don't want any part of it'

2: Van Halen. No one who was a member of the band, at the time of induction, even showing up - we don't need you! And, thereby leaving Sammy Hagar and Mike Anthony (felt sorry for Mike) looking a bit stupid.

3: Rush. Or, more specifically, Alex Lifeson's acceptance 'speech', which I thought was a sustained 'up your sanctimonious asses, tastemakers' kind of performance. I am sure after years of overlooking them that Jann Wenner and those dicks thought they would hear speeches full of gratitude.
    Last edited by VHscraps; 02-23-2014 at 07:19 PM.

26. 3 users say thank you to VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

Never was (02-23-2014),relliot (02-24-2014),VetteLS5 (02-23-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I suspect that Krist would insist on Chad Channing being included, and that Kurt would want him there too, if he were available for comment (though Kurt might also be inclined to give a Johnny Rotten style "piss off" response, or at least wear his "Corporate Rock STILL Sucks" t-shirt to the event)

I also doubt that Dave Grohl would have a problem with Chad being there. Arguably, if Bleach hadn't been as successful of an album as it was, Nirvana never would have gained attention outside of the Puget Sound club scene, and Grohl never would have got the gig.

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I suspect that Krist would insist on Chad Channing being included, and that Kurt would want him there too, if he were available for comment (though Kurt might also be inclined to give a Johnny Rotten style "piss off" response, or at least wear his "Corporate Rock STILL Sucks" t-shirt to the event)

I also doubt that Dave Grohl would have a problem with Chad being there. Arguably, if Bleach hadn't been as successful of an album as it was, Nirvana never would have gained attention outside of the Puget Sound club scene, and Grohl never would have got the gig.
    Granted, that is all true. I am just curious as to how their induction shows up more of these inconsistencies - e.g., why no John Rutsey when Rush were inducted? It's a rather similar scenario to Chad Channing, I'd say. And Terry Chimes with The Clash, as well.

But the thing is, they need to induct Chad to get Nirvana in to the RRHOF as fast as this, and they needed to induct Terry Chimes to get The Clash in as soon as they were eligible - but I think we all know that Rush were another act that they only begrudgingly let in.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree that Terry Chimes should have got in with The Clash. Topper was the far better drummer, of course, but Chimes was there in the beginning, and he came back when Topper was too strung out to do it, and did that huge tour with The Who in 1982.

I would have also included John Rutsey with Rush. I'm surprised he did not get in, especially since he's now deceased, and it seems like the dead guys in the band always get inducted without objection. This may be my personal bias showing, but I'll blame this on their manager, Ray Danniels. He can Fuck Off!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    I'd rather see that than 1/2 of KISS with scabs.
    If they wear their make up it'll hide most of them.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrMaddVibe View Post
    Seems like Gene and Paul wanted to to right by EVERYONE that's ever been in the band but were shot down by the mistake by the lake museum.
    The museum doesn't decide, the HOF foundation out of NYC does.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What would be really rock and roll is to tell the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to fuck off and they can shove their induction and awards up their collective asses. If that got enough news coverage, people would love it and make your bank more popular than ever.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Anything KISS did that was worthy of Hall of Fame induction was before that fucking disco album, which began the disintegration of the band.

So in other words, the original lineup IS the only thing worth talking about, in the context of the Hall of Fame.

If you like those 80's albums with the Desmond Childmolestor ballads, or the current scabs in Ace & Peter's makeup then by all means listen to them. But don't delude yourself that it's what got them the nomination. And that includes you, Chaim and Stan.

The revolving door bullshit is what kept them out of the running as long as it did. Same with Van Halen, and we all saw what a joke that ceremony turned into, with no current band members showing up, and only one original band member making an ass of himself with that tequila shilling chedhead whose ass he can't seem to remove his skull from.
    +1 I say

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What would be really rock and roll is to tell the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to fuck off and they can shove their induction and awards up their collective asses. If that got enough news coverage, people would love it and make your bank more popular than ever.
    That's a great idea but it would never happen. We are talking Simmons here. He will go just too take all the credit !!! I was never much of a Kiss fan except for Ace. Gene is a complete dick for not wanting too perform, what ? 2 songs together ? He isn't rock & roll. Never fucking was !!! Just a business man. What a slap in the face too the fans. But I guess VH fans are used too that shit. At least they put out their old concerts ! Unlike Ed. Sure it's too make a buck first in genes eye's, but I give him credit for that at least. Maybe he's afraid his scab players would be worried about a mini reunion ?

35. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (02-26-2014)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door. At the end of the day it is Gene and Paul that own the name so i guess they have the right to do what they want to. I don't have to like it. I would point out that Gene and Paul are the one's that like to claim their every move is for the fans. This doesn't support that.

37. 2 users say thank you to sonrisa salvaje for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (03-06-2014),indeedido (02-25-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door..
    Which is exactly what happened back in 1995, when they did the Unplugged thing on eMpTyV.......

39. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (02-25-2014)

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    I think the real concern on Gene and Paul's part is that if they reunite for 2 songs it will create possible pressure for a full on reunion tour with Ace and Peter. I don't think they want to open that door. At the end of the day it is Gene and Paul that own the name so i guess they have the right to do what they want to. I don't have to like it. I would point out that Gene and Paul are the one's that like to claim their every move is for the fans. This doesn't support that.
    I agree. They could just come out and position it better. I mean the shit they always say. They run Ace and Peter down at every turn they can. How about just don't say anything at all instead of "they're losers and drug addicts". I think they've both cleaned up their act so let it go Chiam. Just play a couple of tunes in no makeup, make that statement that this is all it is and move on. Gene and Paul always have to posture themselves as the "class" but they just look like fools. But I guess I have to say there are still people drinking KISS Koolade who lap up the shit that comes out of their mouths.

41. Thanked indeedido for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (02-25-2014)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How bout Ace and Peter get up there and play a few tunes with a few scab players ?? Fuck the 2 business men !!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

People are putting wayyyyyy too much thought into this. Bottom line- the fans lobbied hard to get them in. The fans wanted a reunion of the originals. KISS has said since day one that they give the fans what they want. They PLANNED to play, until something changed that. My guess is that Paul and Gene wanted to play with the scabs and then maybe have Ace and Peter join in on a song. Ace and Peter said "fuck off" and that led to Paul and Gene getting upset and saying no reunion. Pissed off fans reacted and then the guys who have been saying they were going to play for the fans, decide to not play at all.

Paul and Gene KNOW they are wrong here. Instead of doing what's right, they are coping out.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    That's a great idea but it would never happen. We are talking Simmons here. He will go just too take all the credit !!! I was never much of a Kiss fan except for Ace. Gene is a complete dick for not wanting too perform, what ? 2 songs together ? He isn't rock & roll. Never fucking was !!! Just a business man. What a slap in the face too the fans. But I guess VH fans are used too that shit. At least they put out their old concerts ! Unlike Ed. Sure it's too make a buck first in genes eye's, but I give him credit for that at least. Maybe he's afraid his scab players would be worried about a mini reunion ?
    I don't think Gene cares for Ace or peter and the band has done great without them. Gene probably is looking at it like a businessman. He knows the Hall of Fame has very little effect on the bottom line. They don't need the publicity, they will sell just as many tickets without messing with a Hall of Fame reunion show.

45. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DrMaddVibe (02-28-2014)

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Gene cares for Ace or peter and the band has done great without them. Gene probably is looking at it like a businessman. He knows the Hall of Fame has very little effect on the bottom line. They don't need the publicity, they will sell just as many tickets without messing with a Hall of Fame reunion show.
    If it weren't for Ace and Peter reuniting with the band in the 90s, scab KISS wouldn't be selling jack. They were really not selling albums or selling out arenas anymore with Bruce and Eric. The reunion regenerated interest in the live show. That's why when Ace and Peter left again, they didn't go back to the no makeup version. They knew that fans were more likely to come see scabs in makeup than two regular guys.

47. 2 users say thank you to Mr. Vengeance for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-28-2014),indeedido (03-02-2014)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

If it weren't for Ace and Peter reuniting with the band in the 90s, scab KISS wouldn't be selling jack. They were really not selling albums or selling out arenas anymore with Bruce and Eric. The reunion regenerated interest in the live show. That's why when Ace and Peter left again, they didn't go back to the no makeup version. They knew that fans were more likely to come see scabs in makeup than two regular guys.
    This.

Recently read the book written by one of KISS' business managers from those days. The crowds in the non-makeup era were consistently going down as the years went by, like the Van Velveeta era. By the early '90's, they were in serious financial trouble.

I give them some credit, though. I think their days of selling out arenas each and every city are long gone, although they'll get the occasional sellout from time to time nowadays. They'll still get the big crowds overseas, like VH did recently. They still get very respectable crowds after 40 years, unlike some bands who like to call themselves "supergroups", like Chickenshit, who can't fill medium-sized venues....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

completely unrelated to this, I've been listening to a lot of Frehleys Comet lately. Second Sighting is really underrated.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Weren't selling? Seriously? Most bands would KILL to have half of their numbers.

http://www.kissfaq.com/reference/KISS-Sales.pdf

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/kiss/art...ales-worldwide

The live shows that I've attended in California, Texas, Colorado, North Carolina, Virginia, New York, Toronto, Buffalo, Michigan, Florida have either been sold out or you had to look hard for the empty seats. One of my all-time favorite tours was back in 92 and they weren't wearing makeup for that one...The Palace of Auburn Hills was jammed and the Detroit crowd gave them a film worthy place to showcase what they were all about.

Believe your own eyes with those "scabs" as they've been called. Playing off a really great KISS album "Revenge"...with those scabs...to an arena where...well, there's no crickets chirping.

The reunion did jumpstart interest in the band but it was a nostalgia grab for cash and nothing more. Everyone on the inside knew it too. Peter knew...Ace knew. They weren't members of the band, they were hired scale employees. They soured the deal too. They both walked out before and were holding the band, the fans, the promoters for another renegotiated contract. They realized they weren't getting the band back together and they wouldn't be allowed back in. Actions have consequences. Part of what soured the fans was Gene and Paul getting the rights to the "Spaceman" and "Catman" makeup and likeness. Kudos to them...look at the merchandising they did after that! Ace and Peter let it slip from their hands. They took their booze/drug addled abilities and walked out once...held a "gun" to their heads and got the rug yanked out from under them. Too bad. I've met Ace and had a chance to talk to him. He's a likeable guy, but you KNOW he has substance abuse issues. Haven't met Peter, but had friends that have and they all have the same thing to say..."never saw him without a glass in his hand". Peter and Ace gave away the makeup and likeness they created. It's on THEM, not Gene and Paul. Do I wish they'd just keep on creating new characters? Yes, I do. They decided to stick with their formula...one that has and is working. What I'm hearing is a lot of jealousy and bitterness from a lot here about a working band that at the end of the day isn't ready to hop in a grave and push daisies. Sounds like by the way their tours are still being attended and even "Sonic Boom" and "Monster" are being bought...even in this digital day and age.

People are STILL showing up.

People still show up for Ace and Peter too. I've attended several Ace shows...he mainly plays solo stuff but when he dusts of KISS songs he helped create and wrote...he's smiling when he's playing them. I'm POSITIVE both of them love cashing those KISS royalty checks that they still get to this day. If only they would've sobered up and realized the opportunity that was given to them when they were given it...and time again.

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Still showing up!

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last year...

Look at all the people there that night!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

I think most people are okay with the KISS lineups pre-96...

Thread Information