KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
    The only time I ever got around to seeing KISS was the Asylum tour. I'd say maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of the 15,000 seat arena was full. Wasn't an all-around great show, but two things stood out to me. One was that Eric Carr was a fucking MONSTER live. Much more so than he ever was on virtually every KISS album he played on outside of Creatures. The other was that Paul Stanley was a very, very good live vocalist. He was belting the shit out of one song after another.
    Never saw KISS with Carr but he sounds pretty good on the Love Gun clip I posted.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
      Never saw KISS with Carr but he sounds pretty good on the Love Gun clip I posted.
      Oh, I mean, Carr was ferocious live...and it probably seemed all the more so because so much of what he did with KISS studio-wise - again, outside of the Creatures album - was often very simplistic and metronomic.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
        I honestly think that there is a large part of the population out there that have become unaccustomed to live music because of all this fucking chicanery.

Nikki Six comments are hardly a surprise. Last time I saw them in 2011 I'm not sure any of it was live, followed by Def Leppard one of the only gigs I've ever walked out of.

Compare and contrast.

I'll take this any day, yet there are a bunch of people complaining about vocals in YouTube comments area.
        One thing you can certainly say about the Tokyo Dome album, along with Roth's vocals on all the reunion tours, is that Dave clearly isn't singing along with pre-recorded lead vocal tracks.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Only 2 backing vocalist voices too.

I don't think they are even using the vocal effects processors even bar bands use to boost backing vocals.

Comment

• Listening to the Whisky show from the other day. Stanley sounds rough. If that's a tape they should have put more work into it.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Listening to the Whisky show from the other day. Stanley sounds rough. If that's a tape they should have put more work into it.
              That's what threw me about the recent Vancouver show, in that, like...Stanley's voice doesn't sound flawless or like it did circa 1977 (or 1987, 1997...or even 2007)...so I'm left to wonder if they are using a backing lead vocal tape that was recorded, say, last fall in a studio somewhere, so that way at least Stanley's lead vocals don't sound like the band just lifted the vocal tracks from Kiss Alive 2 or something...like, it smacks of being a bit more...devious.

But did they intentionally pre-record Stanley's recent voice to intentionally sound rough, as well? Like, if you're going to use pre-recorded vocal tracks and mime along to them, isn't the point to sound better than just merely average or passable?
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• The Whisky gig seems live enough...

Might be that they decided to play THIS particular show live because it was at a small venue with less distance between the band & audience (compared to an arena gig) and so it would have been much easier to spot the obvious fakery.

So I guess the moral there is.... only bother to see them on this tour if you can get into a club gig
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Jesus.

Well, I guess so much for any of my giving Stanley the benefit of the doubt in terms of the lead vocals being a blend of live and pre-recorded.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Look at all the people here tonite!! Sorry...wrong band...

Ok so last nite my daughter and I went to see the hottest band in the world - KISS!!! We actually went to a show instead of just watching YouTube or Facebox videos and then crying about Paul singing to backing tracks or lipsyncing (did I even spell that right? My super expensive phone doesn’t even know...) To answer everyone’s main question...did Paul lipsync to any songs...and I was listening intently just for that reason...maybe. On just one. I Was Made For Loving You sounded too freaking good. Or maybe they just worked really damn hard for my money.
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• So I’m so old now that my daughter got her sip on before we left to go to the show. And I swear to God if this shitty page “reloads” again I’m going to start my own site. Cause that worked out so well the last 37 times...But, I digress...

I’ve seen KISS probably upwards of a dozen times over the years. Allegedly. And who knew you could bring chairs into Blockbuster Pavilion??? The last time I tried that was 29 years ago at a Buffet show and we got turned around at the gate. Oh, and apparently Blockbuster isn’t even a thing anymore and it’s called PNC Pavilion. Regardless...I should have dropped the 27 thousand extra dollars on top of our 39 dollar tickets for VIP Parking. Holy shit we walked like a whole five minutes to the show. And there was like fiddy dudes selling knock off shirts but not one - not ONE - was selling Beerz along the way.

Comment

• So we get to the “pavilion” and Jesus Christ Beerz are $13.50!! So I immediately bought two because it’s hot, hot, hotter than hell (see what I did there? Geez I crack myself up..) Anyway, the kid wants a shirt we can both share. Actually I wanted the shirt and that’s my excuse for paying fiddy bucks for it. I didn’t even know what it looked like until we got home because contacts in I can’t see shit up close. Which is an issue when you take in a rescue dog who literally shits like a dinosaur. Getting old sucks. But at least I still look good..

Comment

• So I always buy “grass passes” at Blockbuster - I mean PNC Pavilion. 39 bucks ain’t bad to see a band and you actually can see everything from the grass. The only down side is trying to Sober Walk around 10,000 people when you’re half lit. Ah, it takes practice. But...if you have a friend who has tickets close to the stage...problem solved! Tickets are exchanged, Beerz are bought, the only few seats remaining up close are filled and holy shit there’s Paul within a hundred feet of me!! Did you know you can smoke cigarettes AND marijuana here?? I left my smokes in the car and immediately regretted it. Some 97 year old woman is like 10 feet from me smoking.

Comment

• I swear...I’m trying to give a serious review and this fucking site keeps reloading!! Jesus, I step away from the interwebz for like a couple years and this is what happens??

Comment

Working...
                                X