X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    Now back by popular demand, KISS has unretired and will do a 3-year residency in Vegas featuring A Night Of KISS...Alive! The Klassic live album played live from start-to-finish for the first time in 50 years!!
    I expect something along the lines of what GNR did with Use Your Illusion..500 bucks for rehashed lps and a box of useless shit ( I would have liked the blue ray though)...

I expesct a little less for the rest of them as the 50 year mark goes by...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      I had heard of Hagar before he joined Van Halen but hadn't heard much of his music.

Prior to 1985, I had heard Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy, the song Heavy Metal from watching the film, Three Lock Box from the video on MTV, Two Sides Of Love from the video on MTV and I Can't Drive 55 from the video on MTV. I may have heard some other stuff of his before he hooked up with Van Halen but nothing I can remember. It wasn't like he was getting massive airplay prior to the I Can't Drive 55 song and in the early 1980s he wasn't someone anybody in my early teens peer group listened to or talked about. That's why when it was announced Hagar was going to replace Roth in Van Halen the reaction was along the lines of "really? The I Can't Drive 55 guy?"
      Hagar played a college town I used to go see concerts at. It was the Three Lock Box tour. Someone stole his backdrop. Sammy sent the message he would never play that town again if the backdrop wasn’t returned. Nobody cared. Of course he played there again with Van Halen.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Gene and Paul have HUGE egos. When you can still sell places out while charging a lot and the fans buy your merchandise and suck your dick that’s hard to give up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

KISS isn’t stupid. Their fans are. Ace even recently said this. Ha! Ha! Made me like Ace even more.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

It’s not over. We will see the KISS Suck My Dick! Tour in 2025.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I’m really getting tired of Sammy Gay-Dar popping up on social media begging for attention. He’s worse than Gene and Paul.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Sammy should be shoved up Donald Trump’s ass and Trump should be shoved up Joe Biden’s ass and the whole train wreck should be launched into outer space on Elon Musk’s giant flying dildo.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                  I expect something along the lines of what GNR did with Use Your Illusion..500 bucks for rehashed lps and a box of useless shit ( I would have liked the blue ray though)...

I expesct a little less for the rest of them as the 50 year mark goes by...
                  I suppose for middle-aged collectivists who absolutely have to have every bit of merchandise, such an Alive! box set would be a must-have.

Myself, I don't think I've ever went out and bought any remasters or reissues of anything from anybody unless it was a release I didn't already have.

That's talking music, anyway. There are some movies I already had on dvd that I bought blu-ray editions of if the blu-ray editions were loaded with extras exclusive to the blu-ray edition.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Grandma was fine..

Comment

• silverfish
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2007

Justin Hawkins Blasts Ace Frehley On Live Show: ‘You’re A C—t If You Make The Darkness Late’

A video surfaced on Rock News Desk showing Hawkins addressing the issue on stage, after Frehley’s
                        overran performance pushed back The Darkness’ set.

Hawkins told the audience:

“You’ve noticed I wear a watch on stage. Some of you think, ‘Oh, that means he’s not 100% in it. He has
                        to sort of regard the time ‘cause he just wants to get back and eat the prawn sandwiches in the dressing
                        room.’ There’s a bit of truth in that, but I think the important thing about rock and roll is punctuality!”

“I’m not gonna mention any names, but somebody overran, and thus we were late coming on stage. I
                        apologize to all of you. But in fairness, the artist that overran – I’m not gonna name any names, okay?
                        I won’t name any names.”

Then, he openly named the ex-KISS guitarist, blasting him for his rider demands and referring to the
                        wig he’s been wearing for years:

“But I think some of their rider requirements were a little bit difficult to source in the middle of the f**king
                        Caribbean. One of those being wig adhesive! I’m talking about Ace Frehley. Sorry, guys.”

Allegedly, Frehley’s security approached The Darkness frontman in a coffee shop, confronting him about
                        the previous day’s remarks. This led to a private discussion between the two rockers, after which they
                        took photos together, suggesting a resolution had been reached.

Full story at:
                        During the 2024 Monsters Of Rock Cruise, an unexpected spat caught the spotlight between Justin Hawkins and Ace Frehley. A video surfaced on Rock News Desk showing Hawkins addressing the issue on stage, after Frehley’s overran performance pushed back The Darkness’ set. Hawkins told the audience: “You’ve noticed I wear a watch on stage. Some […]
                        Originally posted by sadaist
                        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Ace would have been doing the crowd a favor if he had stayed out long enough to make this douche and his shitty band miss their entire set.

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

A douche and a c—t on a boat. Who would have guessed that could ever happen?

Justin Hawkins is a two-faced douche

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I've never understood the whole DARKNESS thing. It just went right over my head. Does nothing for me. (For one, I can't stand the guy's voice.)

Funny enough, the first person I remember selling them as the "next big thing" was a certain Diamond Dave...
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I enjoy some of his YouTube spots. The Justin Hawkins Rides Again thing. He does have some interesting insights about “the pitfalls and perils of the music industry.” He often jokes that he knows what Darkness song is his attorney’s favorite. He seems pretty well aware that they never quite topped their first single. Him goofing on Ace was more than likely just part of the silliness of their show.

Comment

Working...