Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I just hope they do not attempt to sound contemporary (whatever the crap that means at this point) like Stanley or Simmons attempted on their last solo albums. The damned things were pretty much un-listenable as a result. Write some simple tunes and record 'em like a garage band. Otherwise, the band's reach exceeds it's grasp, resulting in the absurdly tedious Psycho Circus. And the only good thing about that album was the 3-D "moving" cover.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Andy Taylor
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

It's that sort of thing that makes you think the band were just following a trend in their classic days and their heart wasn't in it. My last listenable Kiss album was The Elder so I've got no great expectations.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        I just hope they do not attempt to sound contemporary (whatever the crap that means at this point) like Stanley or Simmons attempted on their last solo albums. The damned things were pretty much un-listenable as a result. Write some simple tunes and record 'em like a garage band. Otherwise, the band's reach exceeds it's grasp, resulting in the absurdly tedious Psycho Circus. And the only good thing about that album was the 3-D "moving" cover.
        Psycho Circus WAS an awful album.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ-Xg6p_IcM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461c a&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ-Xg6p_IcM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461c a&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I cant wait for the new Kiss album.I saw em at download 08 and they are just as awesome as ever.The line up is strong and sounds alot like classic kiss.Im following this one closely
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Recently KISS' Gene Simmons talked with Com&#233;rcio do Jahu (a Brazilian news site) about the forthcoming KISS South American Tour and other matters, including the band's new album: "Yes, we will launch an album with 12 or 15 unpublished songs. We already recorded vocals and guitars for four of them. We will finish up the album in July and launch it in September. I can say the sound will be like a sort of a new "Rock-n'-roll over", mid-seventies sound, fast and heavy. There will be no rap, no country music. It is difficult to define music, but if you keep in mind that definition, you will understand very well what we are talking about. It's the classic KISS sound."

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Kissonline has posted a message from Gene Simmons. He mentions that Kiss now have recorded four tracks for the upcoming album. And it's interesting news that Eric will sing one song on the album!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  ...Eric will sing one song on the album!
                  That's the main problem right there...

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    That's the main problem right there...
                    Uh, just for the record... that was not my exclamation point... LOL!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Bye for now!
                      ack ack!
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        ack ack!

Hey, Curley!!
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

nope.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Ace Frehley will perform at the grand opening of the New Yankee Stadium's Hard Rock Caf&#233; this Thursday (April 2nd). Ace will do "New York Groove" backed up by Scott "Not" Ian (Anthrax), Frank Bello (Anthrax) and Anton Fig (you all know him). This event is unfortunately not open for the public.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Ace Frehley will perform at the grand opening of the New Yankee Stadium's Hard Rock Café this Thursday (April 2nd). Ace will do "New York Groove" backed up by Scott "Not" Ian (Anthrax), Frank Bello (Anthrax) and Anton Fig (you all know him). This event is unfortunately not open for the public.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And it's interesting news that Eric will sing one song on the album!
                                I don`t have a problem with that as long as it isn`t "Beth".
                                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...