• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverfish
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

GENE SIMMONS Announces 'The Vault' Box Set
    Of Previously Unreleased Solo Recordings

"'The Vault' is one hundred and fifty-plus never-before-released songs I've written,
    spanning fifty years, going all the way back to when I was fourteen years old, all
    the way to some of the songs that became KISS classics. Tens CDs right here, all
    inside 'The Vault'. It's finally ready to bring to you. Yeah, that's right, I said 'to bring
    to you,' because what I'm gonna be doing is something that's never been done
    before by any artist or band. I'm gonna hand-deliver 'The Vault' box set to you and
    to fans like you around the world."

Simmons adds: "I also wanted you to have really cool stuff: an exclusive Gene
    Simmons action figure, an 'In Gene We Trust' medallion, a beautiful full-color book
    packed with photos from my personal archives, and my stories behind the songs —
    and a very special surprise item from me to you. You're not gonna believe the
    things we found."

Gene Simmons's long-promised box set of previously unreleased solo material, which has apparently had several different working titles over the years — including "Monster" (later used by KISS for the band's most recent studio album),"Alter Ego" and "100" — will finally see the light of day later th...
    Originally posted by sadaist
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• silverfish
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

And the price list according to UCR:

For $2,000, you can attend one of 21 “Vault Experience” events across the
      world. In addition to the personalized and autographed box set — which is
      “packaged in a massive 12” x 12” x 6” leather-bound commemorative book
      featuring dozens of never-seen-before images of Simmons over his 50-year
      career” — fans will be treated to a “songs and stories” playback and Q&A
      session, and granted one-on-one photo, autograph and video time with
      Simmons.

For $25,000, you can attend one of 11 “Producer Experience” events, which
      include everything above plus “an intimate hour in a recording studio with
      Gene listening to tracks from The Vault” and an executive producer’s credit
      on the set itself.

Finally, for $50,000, Simmons will deliver all those goodies right to your
      home, where you and up to 25 friends can spend two hours with the “God
      of Thunder.”

Gene Simmons has finally announced his long-gestating The Vault box set - and Kiss fans, we hope you've been saving your money.
      Last edited by silverfish; 09-14-2017, 01:08 PM.
      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The two demo songs with Ed and Al are going to be on there. Christine Sixteen and I can't remember the name of the other.

For that kind of money he better be licking peoples assholes with that giant tongue!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          The two demo songs with Ed and Al are going to be on there. Christine Sixteen and I can't remember the name of the other.

For that kind of money he better be licking peoples assholes with that giant tongue!
          I think, if memory serves me correctly, the other tune on Love Gun Ed and Al demoed was Got Love For Sale. I think Ed and Al may have also worked with Gene demoing tunes for his 1978 solo album, specifically the tunes True Confessions and Tunnel Of Love: I could SWEAR I read that somewhere.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Ace played with Gene some nights ago. They seemed to enjoy it. Ace seems to be in his "yoga"-cure again...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              Ace played with Gene some nights ago. They seemed to enjoy it. Ace seems to be in his "yoga"-cure again...
              For some odd reason, I think if nothing else Ace and Gene playing together would be useful for just getting them talking as reasonable, grown up people. Personally, I don't care if Ace reunites with KISS or not. I just thought it was a bit of a shame, like, say, when the band was inducted in the RnRHoF...and Gene and Paul got into a tiff with Ace and Peter over performing or not performing. The same thing applied to Blackmore when Deep Purple was inducted, and on and on.

Like, I dunno why I am even bothered enough to post something about it. I don't know these guys and they don't know me. I think it's just the older I get, the lamer these celebrity feuds are. Same with Van Halen re: KISS/Deep Purple, in that these guys are in their 60s. Just put aside the childish bullshit. Regardless of any of them getting back together or not.

I think the problem is these people get money and fame at an early age, and it just arrests their emotional development.

So, frankly, I think it's cool if Ace plays some tunes with Gene onstage, or they sit around and jam, even removing the "Maybe Ace will rejoin KISS!" underlying rumors whenever something like that happens. Because, really, who gives a shit in 2017 if Ace Frehley rejoins KISS full-time again? Ace doing so won't make KISS any more lucrative than they already are now. It's not 1995.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Ace and Gene sounded great! Great to see them jam together without all the pretentiousness!

Comment

• silverfish
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons—until this week, a favorite guest on Fox News and Fox Business Network programs, which couldn’t get enough of his supposedly outrageous rock-star antics mixed with conservative politics—has been banned for life from the right-leaning cable channels.

Fox finally had enough of Simmons after he crudely insulted female Fox staffers, taunted them and exposed his chest, and otherwise behaved like the “demon” character he plays onstage. Management was not amused, and Simmons’s photograph was promptly posted Wednesday at the security entrance of the company’s Manhattan headquarters along with a “do-not-admit” advisory.

Full story at:

The Kiss frontman’s inappropriate and sexist antics during a Fox office meeting led to his being kicked off the network and out of the building for good.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Read the whole story...it was funny to the update point when gene made the chickenshit move to apologise!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

Gene Simmons has explained why Kiss decided not to sue Bruce Springsteen
                      over his 2009 track “Outlaw Pete,” which bears some resemblance to their
                      1979 hit “I Was Made For Lovin’ You.”

“Kiss have sued lots of people and won,” Simmons told The Guardian. “But
                      some people we don’t sue. We didn’t sue Bruce Springsteen for ‘Outlaw Pete.’
                      How do we decide who to sue and who not to? We like Springsteen. We don’t
                      sue.”

Gene Simmons explained why Kiss didn't sue Bruce Springsteen over his track Outlaw Pete, and its resemblance to I Was Made for Lovin' You, in December 2017.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And the judge in the case would have had an aneurysm from laughing so hard...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Wow...Vinnie "Howard Hughes" Vincent appears after twenty years and Ace had a gig with Gene and nothing going on here?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Have I posted this before?

See if any of you KI$$ fans can do the whole 45 minutes....

Great for ruining parties and torturing anyone who's trying to sleep. circa "Let Me Get This Off My Chest"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-a...f-paul-stanley
                              I made it 45 sec...do I get some prize though?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

https://soundcloud.com/christopher-a...f-paul-stanley
                                Excellent stuff for working your abs.
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...