X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

and "wacky" things on a (likely scripted) "reality" show.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

After following this thread on and off...... I had to listen to some KISS on the way into work today. My son is a big fan of Ace lately. I think he just like the whole Spaceman thing.

Started with some KOTNW.

Lots of early disco vibe in "Sure know Something".

Then some ACE with Cold Gin and Shock Me.

++++++++++

Also been listening to parts of Revenge again lately. Unholy and Domino still stand out for me off that cd.

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Looking forward to the KISS Track Pack for Rock Band that is being released sometime this week... 100,000 Years, Deuce & Parasite... all live. I read that "All tracks are original master recordings" so I'm hoping they are from KISS Alive!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          Looking forward to the KISS Track Pack for Rock Band that is being released sometime this week... 100,000 Years, Deuce & Parasite... all live. I read that "All tracks are original master recordings" so I'm hoping they are from KISS Alive!
          They say 1975 in the title. They edit 100,000 years down quite a bit. There is still a looong drum solo. The very end Paul still yells out "Rock N roll".

The Duece intro also seems different.

video previews here

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tbqRnElHUg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tbqRnElHUg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kv_pbQJi3s0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kv_pbQJi3s0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OmHzz5P9g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OmHzz5P9g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
          Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 07-28-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• davehagarfan
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
            I know...their boss have been acting like a cunt since a few years ago!!

Gene's not a cunt......Peter, Ace and Paul are

Comment

• davehagarfan
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2009

Yeah, I like it, but the production was thin and it was obvious they were running out of ideas. If Peter wasn't such a douche and they had to go the solo album route... I think the follow up to Alive II would have been killer... if they would have taken all the best from Paul, Ace & Gene's solo discs... fuck Pete and his stinky solo album.

As I said, I'm a pretty big KISS fan and honestly... I'm really looking forward to the new disc... I'm buying the hype that they just said fuck it... got together and bashed out some songs without alot of thought or pretense... they have nothing to prove... and I'm hoping that attitude will back up their claims that this is gonna be a great disc (btw, yes, I do have a few drinks in me).

But if I listened to KISS albums for their production I wouldn't be a fan of them

I've always felt the same way about a killer followup to Alive II. The thing is alot of those songs....Paul's especially....wouldn't have been written had they not done the solo albums.

Gene's solo album is the best.....I think fans just give him shit because he spouts off in the press and shit......it was a musical departure without coming out looking like an asshat like they did with The Elder

Paul's and Ace's are good....great in fact but they would have made better KISS records

Ace hasn't released a cool album front to back since then....his Frehley's Comet shit sucks on the average....most of the cool songs from the 80s he didn't even write....he didn't even write NYG

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                They say 1975 in the title. They edit 100,000 years down quite a bit. There is still a looong drum solo. The very end Paul still yells out "Rock N roll".

The Duece intro also seems different.
                I wonder where these are from.
                Maybe one of those Detroit 75 concerts that were thrown in the KISSology series?
                Definitely not from Kiss Alive!

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Smells like Thayer!
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

The editor of Guitar Player magazine had a chance to preview five songs off the new KISS album, which is scheduled for release in early October. He writes on the publication's Facebook page, "Paul [Stanley, KISS guitarist/vocalist] sings his ass off. Eric [Singer] plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene [Simmons] was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's [Thayer] guitars sound HUGE — with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by davehagarfan
                      But if I listened to KISS albums for their production I wouldn't be a fan of them

I've always felt the same way about a killer followup to Alive II. The thing is alot of those songs....Paul's especially....wouldn't have been written had they not done the solo albums.

Gene's solo album is the best.....I think fans just give him shit because he spouts off in the press and shit......it was a musical departure without coming out looking like an asshat like they did with The Elder

Paul's and Ace's are good....great in fact but they would have made better KISS records

Ace hasn't released a cool album front to back since then....his Frehley's Comet shit sucks on the average....most of the cool songs from the 80s he didn't even write....he didn't even write NYG
                      Sorry..that is possibly the worst analysis of KISS and solo work ever.
                      Gene's is not the best one. Ace ruled. Paul's was good pop-rock fun. Then Gene and Peter's is last.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Actually, I think if you took the good songs on all four of the solo albums and put them together, you'd actually have a fairly decent Kiss album.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

The editor of Guitar Player magazine had a chance to preview five songs off the new KISS album, which is scheduled for release in early October. He writes on the publication's Facebook page, "Paul [Stanley, KISS guitarist/vocalist] sings his ass off. Eric [Singer] plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene [Simmons] was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's [Thayer] guitars sound HUGE — with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."
                          I'd like to believe this, but these rags never say anything bad about people like this because they want to get them in their magazine to push sales.
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by indeedido
                            I'd like to believe this, but these rags never say anything bad about people like this because they want to get them in their magazine to push sales.
                            Because for KISS its all about pushing the product.

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Sad but true.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

I love random KISS facts.

kiss : krazy kiss facts

some good ones.

63. bruce kulick and bob ezrin played the bass parts on "everytime i look at you".

62. jean beaviour (formerly of the plasmatics) played bass parts on "get all you can take" and "thrills in the night".

57. gene simmons played guitar on "plaster caster","almost human","killer","cadillac dreams" and 'great expectations" (among others).

56. in 1983, gene simmons turned down the male, romantic, leading role in "flashdance," in fear of hurting his image.
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...