KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the CON in Comic Con...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Judging by the number of adverts I'm getting hit with, sales for Ki$$ at the local corporate enormodome for May have not been amazing.

I had a look on a query from one of the kids but I'm not paying $100 a ticket to see them.

No. No. No.

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
        Pictures with Simmons at Comic Con are $120. Autographs are also $120. And it says Simmons won't sign guitars or basses.

Looking at the lineup, his pic and autograph prices are double most of the other celebs in attendance.

Tickets for Simmons' show at the Agora are $30.
        What's the cost of punching him in the face?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
          What's the cost of punching him in the face?
          Probably worth whatever bail costs!
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• I bet that old Jew would do it if you paid him enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
              I bet that old Jew would do it if you paid him enough!
              You are a racist! Probably a closet Nazi who hates Jews.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                You are a racist! Probably a closet Nazi who hates Jews.
                LOL says the altright fan of racists.

Go fuck yourself conspiracy tard...

Comment

• Ace gave an interview fairly recently where he said he and Simmons had hung out not long ago and talk on the phone with a fair amount of frequency, and [Ace] gave the chances of another reunion with the band "about 50-50" in terms of it happening. He didn't mention if Criss was part of what defined a "reunion" or exactly what a "reunion" would mean (a one-off, a tour, an album or what).

And I'm listening to Ace talking, and I'm wondering how many people out there now at this late date even care if Frehley will ever play with the group again or not. Like, how many more times do people really want to see the original lineup grind out the same old 70s KISS standards, particularly when interest in the present-day working version of KISS isn't really packing them in the numbers they were even 10-15 years ago. Like, would it even matter one way or the other now if Ace rejoins the band? Would that rekindle a massive amount of interest that would translate to a substantial amount of tickets sold above what the band with Thayer can currently generate?

I mean, shit, I LOVED that fucking band WAY back in the day. When I was in grade school in the 1970s, they were my own version of what the Beatles had been for my parents, you know? And even I don't give a shit anymore what happens to them (reunite with Frehley/Criss, record a new record, tour, retire) one way or the other.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• KISS LIVE Moscow, Russia - 2017-05-01

One quick note: the toenails on Gene's outfit are gone.
                    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• They're playing at least one show in the UK in the near future, as well.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                        At this point, I'd rather see that, than Kiss. They sounded good.
                        They sounded decent.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Unholy Love
                          I Love It Loud: The Gene Simmons Rock Show

The KISS co founder and legendary rock star returns for a third series spinning his favourite rock music including tracks from Led Zeppelin, Faith No More, and AC/DC.

Since forming KISS in 1973, Gene Simmons has gone on to become one of the most successful rock musicians ever. KISS have sold more Gold records than any other act in American history. Aside from playing music he is a successful producer, having discovered Van Halen, as well as an entrepreneur and reality TV star, appearing in two shows - Family Jewels for US TV and School of Rock for Channel 4.
                          I wonder if Gene puts that bit about VH in his official bio or the BBC added it. Saying that he discovered them is like anyone who attended a show with them in those years before they were signed discovered them. His production of them was not successful musically or any other way.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-08-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Seshmeister;1927378]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08s73v1

Unholy Love
                            I Love It Loud: The Gene Simmons Rock Show

The KISS co founder and legendary rock star returns for a third series spinning his favourite rock music including tracks from Led Zeppelin, Faith No More, and AC/DC.

Since forming KISS in 1973, Gene Simmons has gone on to become one of the most successful rock musicians ever. KISS have sold more Gold records than any other act in American history. Aside from playing music he is a successful producer, having discovered Van Halen, as well as an entrepreneur and reality TV star, appearing in two shows - Family Jewels for US TV and School of Rock for Channel 4.

I wonder if Gene puts that bit about VH in his official bio or the BBC added it. Saying that he discovered them is like anyone who attended a show with them in those years before they were signed discovered them. His production of them was not successful musically or any other way.
                            To his credit, Simmons did attend one of their shows and was impressed enough with what he heard to fly the band out to New York City, make a demo with them and get what they did played for Bill Aucoin/Casablanca records. Whatever else Simmons has said, or whatever his motivations were in terms of getting Eddie and Alex to join KISS, [Simmons] did do those things for the group...along with advising them to change their name to Daddy Longlegs(?). After the Casablanca thing didn't happen, Simmons also claimed he released the band from whatever obligations he and the band had entered into (I can't remember off the top of my head right now if they actually HAD signed a contract with Simmons in terms of him managing them or not).

However, it wasn't like Simmons contacted Warner Brothers, or Warner Brothers had heard about Van Halen because there was some massive buzz about them due to their encounter with Simmons. As far as I can determine, there was no linkage between what Simmons did with the band and Warner Brothers taking an interest in the group. Therefore, Simmons didn't "discover" Van Halen: had Warner Brothers not found out about the band, Van Halen may well have ended up being the greatest rock band we never heard of.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• What a marathon thread!

We had to change drummers in my (rock) band, and we finally hired a very good one who is a Kiss fan... He got every Kiss member's face tattooed.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Gene Simmons Wants to Trademark His Horn-Hands Gesture

Gene Simmons has filed a request to protect his signature hand gesture with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Surprised Gene hasn't tried to trademark air yet....

Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Working...
                                X