X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Let's chip in and get Kristy a season ticket!
    I think she's waiting for Jimmy Page to buy a team.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Live at Budokan 1977 rebroadcast

Link

on September 24.
      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Karma86
        Groupie
        • Jan 2013

New book out this week NOTHING TO LOSE! hell yea! Awesome first years and commentary's from all over the place. Not just Gene and Paul you get Peter and Ace as well as a plethora of other bands friends agents just plain cool looking forward to crack that sucker open!

Comment

• Karma86
          Groupie
          • Jan 2013

New book this week! NOTHING TO LOOSE! looking forward to Read it! Not just Gene and Paul but we got Peter and Ace! The early years from the beginning to the Alive album so cool. Commentaries from a plethora of people who talk about the success of KISS.

Comment

• Karma86
            Groupie
            • Jan 2013

Just got the new book that's out! Nothing To Lose. The Making of Kiss been paging through it and looking forward to reading it. Not just Gene and Paul, Ace, Peter Roadies agents and more put in a word or more on how Kiss became Kiss Pretty fucking cool!

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Here is a review of Nothing To Lose

Comment

• silverfish
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

Rolling Stone Q&A with Gene - link.
                Originally posted by sadaist
                I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ace and Peter get ripped again by Gene. Nothing to news.

There wouldn’t be KISS in makeup now without Ace and Pete.

There would have been no KISS in the 80’s without Vinnie and Eric. Vinnie made Paul a better guitar player. Eric forced Gene to lock in.

Paul’s voice is shot. Gene’s voice has been shot since Cadillac Dreams.

There’s a reason the book is about the band’s inception and not the Alive 35 tour. TT is a joke. Singers best studio work was Whiskey Dust on Voodoo Highway not Monster.

My advice to KISS: you left your best years on the stage, exit the stage.
                  A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    This just speaks for itself....
                    and the fucking mascot's name is...ACE...well, hard times, he is old and needs the money...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I just read the majority of the book "KISS and Sell" by one of their management exec's that traveled with them throughout the '70's and '80's....

He gave some interesting details on the various contracts the band had....

What I didn't realize was just how broke dick the band was in the early to mid '80's....

I don't think it's outrageous to say if it weren't for South America, specifically Brazil and Argentina, that KISS might have disbanded by 1983 or so....

There were some shows on tour in '82 and '83 where they were only getting 2,000 tickets sold....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

I could be wrong on this, but Kiss seemed to have had a huge resurgence during their hair metal heyday from 84-87, but by the late 80's Crazy Nights tour and then Hot In The Shade after it seemed like they were barely selling 5,000 seats again.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Hence the inevitable putting back of the makeup on in '96.....

But the reason for their brokedickedness wasn't just the loss of the novelty act, it was a combination of the band's incredibly extravagant lifestyles and their stubbornness to simplify things both professionally and personally when they were no longer doing sellout arena tours.....

But the book also was yet another indication of just how much of egomaniac assholes Gene and Paul are/were....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

KISS wasn’t broke after 1996. They had a pretty good run by bringing back Ace and Pete; which was the reason for the money influx and returning KISS to something relevant. Look at the acts on the top tours and Gene and Paul still slam Ace and Peter.

Top concert draws during 1996

The top acts on the concert circuit in 1996, with their estimated total gross in concert tickets, according to the industry trade publication Pollstar.

• Kiss - $43.6 million.
                            • Garth Brooks - $34.5 million.
                            • Neil Diamond - $32.2 million.
                            • Rod Stewart - $29.1 million.
                            • Bob Seger - $26.3 million.
                            • Jimmy Buffett - $26.2 million.
                            • Reba McEntire - $26.1 million.
                            • Alanis Morissette - $23.2 million.
                            • Hootie & the Blowfish - $21.4 million.
                            • Ozzy Osbourne - $21.3 million.
                            By The Associated Press

Should have been the real Van Halen at the top.
                            A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

True dat. It almost was.

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                                I could be wrong on this, but Kiss seemed to have had a huge resurgence during their hair metal heyday from 84-87, but by the late 80's Crazy Nights tour and then Hot In The Shade after it seemed like they were barely selling 5,000 seats again.
                                Crazy Nights was a low point in terms of ticket sales, but the HITS tour was huge.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...