Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The following pics were taken at the '79 show.

Ace!

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Gene!

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Paul!

Firehouse!

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He's wearin' a sweater...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

When Kiss was Kiss!

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              He's wearin' a sweater...
              You like that?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's like looking in a mirror. Except I'm better looking.

I have been thinking of picking up an Iceman.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

You should!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

It's like looking in a mirror. Except I'm better looking.

I had one once. Traded it for a bass to tool around with. The Iceman is a cumbersome, top heavy hunk of guitar. Uncomfortable to play standing up. I seem to recall the neck falling towards the floor if I let go of it. Just strange I tell ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      You should!
                      And you should not rule out making a book with all of those amazing pics!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                        This never ending bashfest from Paul and Gene is boring. It's like they have to continuously hammer away at them in order to validate two scabs dressed in Ace and Peter's makeup. Just design new makeup for both, and there wouldn't have been any issue with the old guard fans. But they didn't. Know why? Because the old makeup is recognizable and that means $$$. Bottom line. Stop acting like this was all about Ace and Peter and their (alleged) self destructive ways. You knew what you were getting when you reunited, and kept doing it for years after it was supposed to end, because the $$$ kept rolling in.
                        Couldn't agree more. And I love how he rips the reunion tour. Funny how bad those guys played but they had no problem putting what ? 3 or 4 of those shows on the last Kissalogy dvd set. I guess they must have put in the extra effort those nights. I'm not much of a Kiss fan and never will be but I enjoyed watching them. And the newer scab shows don't seem much different. Playing wise or song list.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

USA Today did a story on KISS last week, and Paul and Gene were trying to justify why everyone should be inducted. I see their point, but someone remind them that more kids picked up a guitar because of Ace Frehley, and not because of Bruce Kulick. Or worse...Vinnie Vincent.
                          I don't see their point ? What is their point ? Those guys added nothing new worth remembering for the most part to the band other than touring. If that's true Dio should have went in with Sabbath. Both those albums destroy any full Ozzy Sabbath album IMO.
                          Last edited by 78/84 guy; 04-18-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Never was
                            Foot Soldier
                            • May 2012

The reunion tours started well the first few months but Ace began sliding back into the booze and was not very good by the time they got to Psycho Circus, hence he plays very very little on that record. Peter simply is not a very good at keeping time consistently. Put a sober Ace up there with Paul and Gene and you have something special probably even so today. Look forward to Ace's new record but it is not others fault Ace cant stay sober and be in Kiss. They tried, he couldn't do it. Ace stays sober I'd love to see him back.

Comment

• fraroc
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Never was
                              The reunion tours started well the first few months but Ace began sliding back into the booze and was not very good by the time they got to Psycho Circus, hence he plays very very little on that record. Peter simply is not a very good at keeping time consistently. Put a sober Ace up there with Paul and Gene and you have something special probably even so today. Look forward to Ace's new record but it is not others fault Ace cant stay sober and be in Kiss. They tried, he couldn't do it. Ace stays sober I'd love to see him back.
                              The way Paul states it in Face The Music is pretty similar. The first few months of The Reunion start out good, the magic is back, everybody is getting along. Then Peter starts to bitch and moan about everything around the end of the 1996 Reunion tour and the beginning of the 1997 Lost Cities tour. By the time the Lost Cities tour was in place, Ace went off the deep end. Psycho Circus was when it all went to shit. We all know the debacle with that album. For that tour, Ace and Peter played really badly more often than not. Ace's playing was sloppy and Peter had so much trouble keeping time. When Farewell came along, Ace and Peter's fates were sealed in Gene and Paul's mind. They simply did not want to tour with those two guys anymore. Ace and Pete constantly went between good one show and absolute shit another one.

For the 2003 AeroKISS tour with Tommy Thayer and Peter Criss, what I noticed was that Peter played really good, much better than he has for the past few tours he was in the band, but his attitude just became shittier and shittier. He would be constantly complaining about how Gene and Paul treat him, he would direct all of his anger at Tommy Thayer and every fucking date on that tour, he would bully him and talk shit about him. It got so bad that when the tour was over on December 21st, 2003, Peter simply told Tommy to shut his fucking mouth and to go away from him, all Tommy tried to do was wish Peter a Merry Christmas.
                              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

Not sure anyone gets along with Peter ever. There is a reason he never works with anyone since kiss. He just is not a person that clicks w people and frankly does not have the talent to overcome that shit person he is hence he does nothing. Despite all the shit between them Ace Paul and Gene actually have some affection for each other and get along when together (of course if a book is out then lets trash the shit out of each other for publicity). I've been around Ace a few times and he is an infectous guy and hard to not like.

Comment

Working...