• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

just for the fun of it:

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I really like Unmasked. It's true that Ace has the best tunes, but there's a lot of good stuff on it. Very pop-rock. Very catchy.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        I really like Unmasked. It's true that Ace has the best tunes, but there's a lot of good stuff on it. Very pop-rock. Very catchy.
        That's where I tuned them out and VH in. Unmasked is painfully unlistenable. Shandi? Yikes. Can't even remember any other titles.

Comment

• fraroc
          Commando
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          just for the fun of it:

Was that after he fell that one time? I know on an episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels he had to go to the hospital because he got injured in a fall.
          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by kissfan1976
            I think Creatures Of The Night is a very underrated KISS album.
            Great heavy tunes like the title track, War Machine, I Love It Loud, Killer.
            I think because of Music From The Elder alot of people and fans ignored it when first released.
            I agree it is a very good album.I am sure I heard they went down the heavy route because The Elder split a lot of people.I would take Creatures over Lick It Up too
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              That's where I tuned them out and VH in. Unmasked is painfully unlistenable. Shandi? Yikes. Can't even remember any other titles.
              I find Shandi to be one of thier best ballads. The album to me is very enjoyable. "Is that You?", "Tomorrow" ,"She's So European" and all of Ace's tunes were cool, "Talk To Me", "Two Sides of the Coin" and "Torpedo Girl".
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                Was that after he fell that one time? I know on an episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels he had to go to the hospital because he got injured in a fall.
                I think this was when he Shannon both had facelifts on the show.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

I believe "injured in a fall" is Hollywood-speak for getting a facelift.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                    I always tell people that want to experience KISS' heyday and don't own any albums to buy Double Platinum. You get pretty much all the hits without having to spend all the cash.
                    It is a very good overview of the studio stuff from the 1st album up through Love Gun...although it's always a bit funny listening to the cuts off the first three albums right alongside stuff taken from Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun: I love the material on the first three albums, but the production didn't do the material justice in many cases.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I would rather say to buy Alive! and Alive II.....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                        But can you imagine how much money it would cost to come up with two new characters for Tommy and Eric.Kiss is a brand as much as it is a band and they have made it very clear to them Kiss are the characters,not the musicians themselves.They would need to stop all the current merchandise with Ace and Peter's makeup on and design and produce a whole new range with these new characters. Financially it would be a very bad move
                        I really don't even see KISS as a band anymore. It's just a business. A lucrative one, too, no doubt.

Even in their heyday, say from 1976 to 1980, KISS always tread a fine line between being a band vs. a brand, and as the emphasis shifted more toward the merchandising end (somewhere around 1978, with the comic book, the KISS dolls and the tv movie), the music began to suffer. Now, it's just a moneymaking exercise in nostalgia. However, I will say that KISS still puts on a good show and is giving the fans (i.e. the people who still pay money to see them, as opposed to older fans who have turned their backs in mild disgust) what they want...which is all the classic tunes, the makeup, the stage show.
                        Last edited by Terry; 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I'd have to agree there is good stuff to be found on Dynasty, Unmasked and Creatures of the Night (I just can't come to terms one way or the other with The Elder, even after all these years).

For me, the studio album apex was Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun. The first three albums have great material, but that material sounded so much better on Alive! (which was, in essence, the 4th studio album), whereas the stuff off of Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun I actually prefer listening to via the original releases rather than on Alive 2.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Being really young and knowing so much about bands from the 70s and 80s, I guess this shouldn't bother me, But a lot of my friends think that Kiss took off the makeup when they recorded Unmasked. At least they made the effort to at least try to know something about these bands.....

Comment

• fraroc
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2012

This was pretty funny

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

LOL, literally like 300 yards from my house...

I remember that night, lots of lightning, didn't think they'd get much of the concert in....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...