No announcement yet.

KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53. right before joining kiss in 1982, vinnie vincent was a staff songwriter for the tv program, "happy days," writing all the songs that joanie and chachi sang on the show.
    This space for rent.

Comment

• Anyone have an opinion on the KISS re-recordings last year?

I found them quite pleasant, in a relaxed kinda chilled out way. The drumming's a huge improvement, and a few of the songs sounded notably better even if a few didn't. And some (Lick It Up, I'm looking at you) sounded identical to the originals. It had a nice cover too....

Anyone reckon this might spark off a new era for KISS albums? Whitesnake's album was touted by many as 'possibly their last' in 2008, and we're getting a new one from then in 2011...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Walker View Post
        I wonder where these are from.
        Maybe one of those Detroit 75 concerts that were thrown in the KISSology series?
        Definitely not from Kiss Alive!
        REgarding the Rock Band tracks. All kind of guesses going around.

At TTSucks I saw this:

From the ROCKBAND developers:

All three songs in our package were part of that Alive! tracklist. But these are alternate versions, recorded on that tour and newly unearthed from the KISS archives just for you. "Deuce" is from the Wildwood Convention Center in New Jersey, 7/23/75. "100,000 Years" was from the Orpheum Theater in Davenport, IA, 7/20/75. And "Parasite" comes from one of the most legendary shows on that tour - Cobo Hall in Detroit on 5/16/75 - a show that set new heights of pandemonium.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Elfoid_TFS View Post
          Anyone have an opinion on the KISS re-recordings last year?

I found them quite pleasant, in a relaxed kinda chilled out way. The drumming's a huge improvement, and a few of the songs sounded notably better even if a few didn't. And some (Lick It Up, I'm looking at you) sounded identical to the originals. It had a nice cover too....

Anyone reckon this might spark off a new era for KISS albums? Whitesnake's album was touted by many as 'possibly their last' in 2008, and we're getting a new one from then in 2011...
          I was very 50/50 about it. In some regards, I'll admit that better recording values and higher production made the material sound better. At times. In some other songs, Kiss sounded fucking tired. I was hoping Eric's double bass was going to show up prominently (as was the case on Alive III) and disappointed that it didn't. A little more ass-kicking on those older songs gives them a brand new life, to my ears.

All in all, I wasn't entirely displeased with it, but I only put four or five tracks on my Zune. The rest I could live without.

On a personal note, there are two versions of Black Diamond - one from the first album and the other from Alive. Both are virtual perfection. I consider it classic Kiss' best song ever and the re-recorded version comes nowhere near either.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Yay, a KISS thread.

I love KISS <3

Comment

• Originally posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
              REgarding the Rock Band tracks. All kind of guesses going around.

At TTSucks I saw this:

From the ROCKBAND developers:

All three songs in our package were part of that Alive! tracklist. But these are alternate versions, recorded on that tour and newly unearthed from the KISS archives just for you. "Deuce" is from the Wildwood Convention Center in New Jersey, 7/23/75. "100,000 Years" was from the Orpheum Theater in Davenport, IA, 7/20/75. And "Parasite" comes from one of the most legendary shows on that tour - Cobo Hall in Detroit on 5/16/75 - a show that set new heights of pandemonium.
              You what's next? Alive! 1.5
              This space for rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bueno bob View Post
                IOn a personal note, there are two versions of Black Diamond - one from the first album and the other from Alive. Both are virtual perfection. I consider it classic Kiss' best song ever and the re-recorded version comes nowhere near either.
                Good call on Black Diamond. I always liked the extended intro they did LIVE.

Here is a little later version from NY 77

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScrE1Ti_hs0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScrE1Ti_hs0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and for comparison. 1975 from ALIVE. audio only

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqu989gxEFg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqu989gxEFg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Looks like KISS is doing the Walmart thing ala Journey and a few other bands with the new release. You get a 3 disk package for $11.99, new cd, re-recordings cd & a live DVD.

New CD (Sonic Boom)
                  Jigoku-Retsuden CD (Japan Re-recordings)
                  DVD (LIVE from ALIVE 35 tour?)

Looks like the title is rumored to be "Sonic Boom" right now. No official confirmation yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just to punish myself I just clicked on the Pyscho Cirus mp3 folder on my work computer to listen while I am surfing the web. "Welcome to the show!!!!" lol.....

My other thought is why in the hell do I have this on my computer ? ? ? ? ? ?

Comment

• In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!

Comment

In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!
                      What's the demographic like at a new show? I mean who buys this shit? I'm a KISS fan and all but I stopped buying KISS cards when Peter left the band. In fact I stopped buying albums then also.

Who buys this shit? If my son said he wanted a KISS anything I would say no. That's junk son. You should buy more fuckin pokemon cards!

Comment

• I cunt wait for KI$$ shuffleboard!
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!
                          Thayer did some interview up in Oregon recently where he mentioned the M&Ms. I think it is on the official KISSonline front page today as well.

I would guess Gene is on the Red, Tommy/Ace on the Blue, Eric/Peter on the Green. Maybe Paul on the pink? ? ? ?

BTW Thayer also mentioned a KISS reality show that would start soon (not Family Jewels). I would guess it would be something with them on tour?

++++++

Also I just tried to make it through all the songs on Pyscho Circus. I couldn't do it. Fuck some of those songs suck. We are the ones, You wanted the best & Raise your glasses...WTF?

Within isn't totaly terrible. I think that was from the Carnival of Souls session leftovers.

Everyone here was bashing Into the Viod early. I don't know, it is ok. At least Ace got to play on that one. I would have liked to hear the 5 other Ace songs that he submitted, but Gene, Paul & Bruce F shot down.

Comment

• You know, the whole Psycho Suckass album...the only thing I can actually tolerate is Raise Your Glasses, and not because it's good, but because it's styled as an anthem...

So...the new albums supposedly called "Sonic Boom", hunh? LMAO!
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Sonic Boom is a lame name from a bunch of lame clowns. I'm a huge classic KISS fan, but I can't go for this scab shit. What is the point? I saw a youtube last week of Thayer singing Shock Me. I fell out of my chair and wanted to throw up. That crosses the line. Make up is bad enough, but fuck, that is Ace's song! Sacrilege.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• Originally posted by indeedido View Post
                                Sonic Boom is a lame name from a bunch of lame clowns. I'm a huge classic KISS fan, but I can't go for this scab shit. What is the point? I saw a youtube last week of Thayer singing Shock Me. I fell out of my chair and wanted to throw up. That crosses the line. Make up is bad enough, but fuck, that is Ace's song! Sacrilege.
                                Tommy's a hometown hero...I'm OK with him being involved with the band, for what it is. He's running through Ace's routine, and therefore essentially playing in a Kiss cover band, but Tommy's really active here in the city and does a lot for charitable organizations - he's a pretty cool guy, just living out his dream.

I keep my hate for Gene and Paul...
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X