• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
    Kiss to Release Rare 1984 Mark St. John Show as Next Live Album

"Kiss is set to release the only known soundboard recording from their brief time with guitarist
    Mark St. John. Kiss – Off The Soundboard: Poughkeepsie, New York, 1984, the fifth entry in the
    band's career-spanning live-album series, will arrive on April 7."

"According to Kiss Concert History Online, St. John played part of the band's Nov. 27, 1984, show
    in Baltimore, and then the entire Nov. 28 Poughkeepsie and Nov. 29 Binghamton shows before being
    dismissed from the group. Bruce Kulick, who had been filling in for St. John since the tour began
    in September, was hired as the band's fourth lead guitarist and remained in that position for
    more than a decade."

Full story at:
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss...hn-live-album/
    I'd have perhaps been more interested if it was a show that had been filmed...maybe I'll give it a listen when it comes out.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

Paul Stanley, Ozzy, Billy Idol, Joan Jett and Gary Clark Jr. featured in

Workday’s Super Bowl Ad Wants Execs to Stop Calling Each Other ‘Rock Stars’

Originally posted by sadaist
      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

KISS on the Howard Stern Show Wednesday, March 1. Rumor has it the final show will be announced.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who has done more farewell tours now? The Two Guys who used to be Kiss, or the Two Guys that used to be The Who?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Well, technically, The Who only did one tour which was specifically stated as being such by the band...I think. I could be wrong.

KISS have had...what, two or three farewell tours now in the last 20 years?

The KISS show I saw in the fall of 2021 and the venue I saw it at, KISS was charging about half of what other name acts usually do re: ticket price. The venue is an ampitheater with a combination of venue chair seating and lawn seating. Attendance was good, but I've seen that place quite a bit fuller for other concerts. And this was ostensibly the resumption of the farewell tour begun in 2020 that was cancelled due to covid. So, I'm not sure KISS undertaking a farewell tour or announcing a 'final date' is going to mean much to anybody: you can only cry "we're retiring" so many times, one would think.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Final shows December 1 and 2 at Madison Square Garden
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Who has done more farewell tours now? The Two Guys who used to be Kiss, or the Two Guys that used to be The Who?
                I will give Pete Townsend points for honesty. He said he hates performing live but he’s got a $200,000 a year boat hobby to support.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I think some these guys just can’t give it up because they love doing it. One of my college roommates grew up just down the street from Rick Nielsen. He’s good friends with Rick’s oldest son Erron. Erron says his dad would have to be incapacitated or dead to stop him from performing because he loves it so much.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Which, if I'm not being hypercritical about it all, why not? If these geezers can make a buck off it and still want to do it, why not keep doing it? It's not compulsory that people attend these shows, and certainly with the proliferation of audience-shot footage available for free viewing over the last twenty years it isn't as if potential ticket buyers can't due their due diligence beforehand re: is it a band still worth paying to see.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Shout it Out Loud was Motown?? Who knew.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

they did Rock and Roll All Nite twice because they fucked up the first time

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

"Why did you choose Shout It Out Loud?"

Real answer is it's one that they can still play live.

Seriously I think that was a decent performance if you like KISS and it's maybe the first time I've heard them play live in decades if ever.

It's a shame they don't have the guts to try and play their whole set live or retire.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And it aired around 9 am east coast, and they were in the Sirius XM Garage in LA.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

CBS Morning show did a bit on the end of Kiss lip-synching. Gene is going to cry. Just wondering if that will be piped in too?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                CBS Morning show did a bit on the end of Kiss lip-synching. Gene is going to cry. Just wondering if that will be piped in too?
                                You can tell what parts were tracks vs Stanley's live singing voice especially on Detroit Rock City on the Stern show. Watch back to any of the other performances of DRC and the tracked vocals all sound the same.

I mean what hypocrites.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...