TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Well, I was at work today and the missus called me up and said she wanted to go see KISS, being that she's never seen them. She said tickets for the show in our area went on sale this morning and were available for purchase. I roll my eyes and ask when and where the show is. It's on a Saturday night at the local amphitheater about 6 miles from our house, and she can get us two tickets for $120 total.

So, she and I are going to see KISS on October...9th(I think)?

I'm not even sure if Roth is still slated to open for them that many months ahead (and frankly seeing Roth live nowadays...a bit more ugh than yay), but...well...at least I'll know most of KISS's setlist (long as they don't play any tracks from Sonic Boom or Monster)...so there's that...I guess...

I did always want to see KISS in makeup. Have only ever seen them once in 1985 on the Asylum tour. Ace and Peter obviously aren't there anymore, and truth be told if my wife hadn't expressed a desire to go I certainly wouldn't have, but I'll go and try to have some fun anyway.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Well...the first leg of the End Of The Road tour had a guy painting to loud music as the opener.

I think I'd rather see bad DLR than a guy painting.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Well...the first leg of the End Of The Road tour had a guy painting to loud music as the opener.

I think I'd rather see bad DLR than a guy painting.
    Dunno...these days, it might be a toss-up for me...what was the guy painting?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't remember what my friend said he painted. Maybe a Hendrix portrait?

I think he's one of those guys that throws paint at a huge canvas.

5. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (06-20-2021)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't remember what my friend said he painted. Maybe a Hendrix portrait?

I think he's one of those guys that throws paint at a huge canvas.
    At this stage of the game, for what I want to get out of attending such a show (which is merely seeing 4 old schlubs in makeup miming to a bunch of tunes I have enjoyed since the 1970s while pyrotechnics go off), the choice of an opening act - or not even having an opening act at all - is irrelevant.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Paul Stanley gots the rona. Show canceled.

8. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (08-27-2021)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A very serious version as Simmons got it too and he shits from his mouth.
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-27-2021 at 11:50 AM.

10. 2 users say thank you to Jérôme Frenchise for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (08-27-2021),Terry (09-07-2021)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Why should that stop them? Just send a roadie out in his makeup. He's lip-syncing to tapes anyway, so what's the difference??

12. 2 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (08-27-2021),Terry (09-07-2021)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Good for him. That Republican voting asshole.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Good for him. That Republican voting asshole.
    KISS for all their assholeness at times has been very pro-vax and Gene unloaded on anti-vaxxers a few weeks ago. In any case Paul is the classier of the two and wish him well...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Why should that stop them? Just send a roadie out in his makeup. He's lip-syncing to tapes anyway, so what's the difference??
    At this point in their career, far as the show I'm still slated to see (hasn't been cancelled yet) in October, I wouldn't feel let down in the least if Gene and Paul were replaced by a couple of nobodies in makeup. As you say, the lead vocals (Gene's too, from my understanding) and the backing vocals are by and large being lip-synched, so at that point what does it matter if any of the actual founding members are onstage or not?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Chaim also has COVID. At this rate they might have to replace the whole band with Disney animatronic robots.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Chaim also has COVID.
    Dave called in a favor from the Voodoo Queen?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So, I saw KISS last night in Tampa.

It was...basically what I expected.

The opening act was that painter guy. He painted three pictures. One of John Lennon, one of Angus Young and one of KISS. It was sort of an odd choice for an opening act, but it sort of made sense in that it certainly cut down the breakdown time between the opening act and KISS...plus, I can't imagine KISS had to pay the painter nearly what they would have had to have paid a name opening rock band to open for them.

As for KISS...they did about 2 hours.

It was decent. Solid stage show in terms of the lighting, flames, pyro and visual special effects. Most of the setlist was agreeable to me, although frankly you could feel a lull of enthusiasm in the crowd when the band played War Machine, Say Yeah, Tears Are Falling and Psycho Circus: a combination of these tunes being those that casual concertgoers either didn't know or didn't particularly want to hear.

Tommy Thayer was capable enough in terms of playing Ace's licks. As well he should be, since he's been doing it long enough. Eric Singer was also as good as one imagined he would be.

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself. He did his flame-throwing bit, and his spitting-blood bit. Frequently, the video cameras would switch over to him and he appeared to be drooling.

Paul Stanley was having difficulties singing. He was clearly making an effort, and I am pretty sure a substantial portion of his singing vocals WERE live, because he was audibly struggling (and it doesn't make sense to 100% lip synch over a pre-recorded vocal track and have said track demonstrate strained, struggling vocals). He has changed his vocal approach to some of the tunes by singing in lower octaves, and the setlist was such where there was a lot of trading off back and forth between tunes Paul sung lead on and tunes Gene sung lead on. Stanley wasn't playing quite as much guitar-wise as he had in the past, either: he'd sort of stop playing here and there, particularly during verses, and let Thayer take up the slack. Thayer's guitar was noticeably louder in the mix. The inbetween song Paul raps were where Stanley's vocal decline was most noticeable (rather than during the tunes, where the background vocals could sort of paper over it), just in terms of being able to hear how weak and raspy his voice has become. He did mention the word 'Tampa' about 100 times during the show inbetween songs, so at least [Stanley] wasn't suffering from dementia in that he knew where he was playing last night...

The audience appeared to have an average age of about 60 years old. Sadly, not a lot of hot looking cougar milf gilfs, but rather a lot of aged Florida ditch pigs wearing slutty clothes which left their old, saggy flab out on ample display. This one grizzled sow in front of me was wearing something a stripper would and had a stomach that looked like a fucking beach ball...goddamed disgusting oinker.

Anyway, overall it was a slightly better Saturday night than what I usually have, which is falling asleep early on my Laz-y-Boy while listening to Thunderstorm Sounds For Relaxation via youtube on my Amazon tablet with Skullcandy headphones while the missus watches hour after hour of real life spouses killing spouses murder mystery shows.

19. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (10-11-2021)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

The opening act was that painter guy. He painted three pictures. One of John Lennon, one of Angus Young and one of KISS. It was sort of an odd choice for an opening act, but it sort of made sense in that it certainly cut down the breakdown time between the opening act and KISS...plus, I can't imagine KISS had to pay the painter nearly what they would have had to have paid a name opening rock band to open for them.

It was decent. Solid stage show in terms of the lighting, flames, pyro and visual special effects. Most of the setlist was agreeable to me, although frankly you could feel a lull of enthusiasm in the crowd when the band played War Machine, Say Yeah, Tears Are Falling and Psycho Circus: a combination of these tunes being those that casual concertgoers either didn't know or didn't particularly want to hear.

Tommy Thayer was capable enough in terms of playing Ace's licks. As well he should be, since he's been doing it long enough. Eric Singer was also as good as one imagined he would be.

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself. He did his flame-throwing bit, and his spitting-blood bit. Frequently, the video cameras would switch over to him and he appeared to be drooling.

Paul Stanley was having difficulties singing. He was clearly making an effort, and I am pretty sure a substantial portion of his singing vocals WERE live, because he was audibly struggling (and it doesn't make sense to 100% lip synch over a pre-recorded vocal track and have said track demonstrate strained, struggling vocals). He has changed his vocal approach to some of the tunes by singing in lower octaves, and the setlist was such where there was a lot of trading off back and forth between tunes Paul sung lead on and tunes Gene sung lead on. Stanley wasn't playing quite as much guitar-wise as he had in the past, either: he'd sort of stop playing here and there, particularly during verses, and let Thayer take up the slack. Thayer's guitar was noticeably louder in the mix. The inbetween song Paul raps were where Stanley's vocal decline was most noticeable (rather than during the tunes, where the background vocals could sort of paper over it), just in terms of being able to hear how weak and raspy his voice has become. He did mention the word 'Tampa' about 100 times during the show inbetween songs, so at least [Stanley] wasn't suffering from dementia in that he knew where he was playing last night...

The audience appeared to have an average age of about 60 years old. Sadly, not a lot of hot looking cougar milf gilfs, but rather a lot of aged Florida ditch pigs wearing slutty clothes which left their old, saggy flab out on ample display. This one grizzled sow in front of me was wearing something a stripper would and had a stomach that looked like a fucking beach ball...goddamed disgusting oinker.

Anyway, overall it was a slightly better Saturday night than what I usually have, which is falling asleep early on my Laz-y-Boy while listening to Thunderstorm Sounds For Relaxation via youtube on my Amazon tablet with Skullcandy headphones while the missus watches hour after hour of real life spouses killing spouses murder mystery shows.
    Disclaimer: not a Kiss fan.

Thanks for your review. That second to last paragraph made me chuckle...Thanks to my heart attack, I have become more selective of the event that I want to see live and a Kiss concert is certainly not on my list of things to go to again, so I will settel for reviews from now on lol, having already suffered their 1996 "Farewell/Reunion" show, but I am not a fan so...

Still no BL sightings?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself.
    Well, yeah. He looks out into the crowd and sees dollar signs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's handed a towel and a rundown of merch sales as soon as he's offstage.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by so this is love View Post
    disclaimer: Not a kiss fan.

Thanks for your review. That second to last paragraph made me chuckle...thanks to my heart attack, i have become more selective of the event that i want to see live and a kiss concert is certainly not on my list of things to go to again, so i will settel for reviews from now on lol, having already suffered their 1996 "farewell/reunion" show, but i am not a fan so...

Still no bl sightings?
    bl?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

bl?
    Brian Laundrie, just a reference to your location...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    Brian Laundrie, just a reference to your location...
    Oh!

No, no BL...although in all fairness I wasn't looking, either.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries

This review is golden! You made me laugh my ass off.

26. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (10-11-2021)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stanley sounding rough

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe they should just do Gene's songs. He was never the best singer, but his voice seems to have held up a lot better than Paul's.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That's just...sad. Paul and the Bat-Lizard douche both look like they are in need in immediate hip replacement surgery; what they can't make up for in talent they do in pyrotechnics. It's past time, people. Time to face the cold, cold reality. These fuckers are older than prehistoric dirt and need to hang it up.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Even worse, they are a parody of themselves

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Even worse, they are a parody of themselves

Gene is sporting the latest fashion of imbeciles: face mask below the chin. Just take it off!

Better yet, retire the band!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2023 @ 01:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Stanley sounding rough

3:25 Sounding rough, don't hit the high notes at all, doesn't even try

4:06 A miracle, vocals all right,

So yes he sounded rough for 30 sec, after that the pre recorded vocals sounded just like the show before

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saint View Post
    3:25 Sounding rough, don't hit the high notes at all, doesn't even try

4:06 A miracle, vocals all right,

So yes he sounded rough for 30 sec, after that the pre recorded vocals sounded just like the show before
    You can tell from each show just when the pre recorded vox kick in cause it sounds exactly the same. Lol

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Stanley just sounds like he could lose his voice at any moment. Let alone singing.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    As long as flabby sow hogs and aging KISS Army nerds buy ticket’s and buy KISS shit Gene is going to show up and dragging whoever he can find with him.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Stanley just sounds like he could lose his voice at any moment. Let alone singing.
    I wonder if his love gun still works? That guy sang about his dick so much it would be a real tragedy if the party balloon didn’t inflate.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Gene is sporting the latest fashion of imbeciles: face mask below the chin. Just take it off!

Better yet, retire the band!
    Both Gene and Paul were horrible about virtue signaling the whole mask thing. These guys don’t give a fuck about your health. It’s more self-promotion for them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Then they got a KISS mask to sell you. Back in the days everyone was virtue signaling to wrap your dick, Gene and Paul had KISS condoms to sell you. If an anal probe would help cure a disease Gene and Paul would be all over it telling you to insert the anal probe and then have a KISS probe to sell you. It would look like Gene and you slide Gene’s tongue up your ass.

39. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-12-2021)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Both Gene and Paul were horrible about virtue signaling the whole mask thing. These guys don’t give a fuck about your health. It’s more self-promotion for them.
    They both literally had COVID just weeks ago. Though both also claimed to be fully vaccinated, so at least they aren't totally irresponsible about it.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    ... crappy music and ridiculous costume bullshit. No use for em... ever.
    I couldn't agree more.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thayer's not a very good singer.

OOOH that purple Iceman!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I saw Ace sing it not too long ago. Much better. He has a better band too.

44. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (10-28-2021)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

oh shit

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Featuring such fan favorites like:

Detroit Lip Synchy
    Synch It Out Loud
    Say Meh
    Bore Machine
    Lip It Up
    Plod Of Thunder
    I Was Made For Lipping You
    Do You Lip Me

48. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (10-27-2021)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Although in all honesty, even knowing how much of the show is mimed/lip synched prior to seeing it, the recent show I went to...

...it's...KISS, you know? It is what is...like, even if the band hadn't been miming at all, it wouldn't have increased my enjoyment level any...at this stage of the game in terms of seeing that band live, I wasn't expecting any more than I got, and I got what I expected.

Thread Information