Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
    paul is a 'gentlemen's gentleman'
    lmao!!

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
      There's a weird rumour that actually Ace and Peter played guitars and drums on this new disc LOL!!!
      I know guys that are fans..but don't pay attention to any of the band details.

They would see the new cover and not think twice about whether Ace and Peter are in the band or not.

They just would just see the Kiss they remember...and think that is what it is.

I think...to a degree...that is what Gene and Paul are after...the casual fan that would not know.

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

his vision for this album was to make it as vital and raw as it had been when they did 'rock and roll over.' he felt that that had been some of the best work that they had ever done, and wanted the new album to recreate that energy both musically and visually. While he didn't want me to reprise what i had done with my art for the earlier cover, he did want me to try to capture some of the same spirit, attitude, energy, and look that i had instilled in that piece. ."
        fail!
        This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

This space for rent.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
            There's a weird rumour that actually Ace and Peter played guitars and drums on this new disc LOL!!!
            Said rumor probably started with Gene and Paul.

Singer is a capable enough drummer.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Paul is a 'gentlemen's gentleman'
              "Nice Dick"
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The full track for the new song "Modern Day Delilah" is now up at www.kissonline.com

Not bad. Sounds like 80s KISS though.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                  The full track for the new song "Modern Day Delilah" is now up at KISSONLINE.com > Home

Not bad. Sounds like 80s KISS though.
                  I think the song sounds great now that I've heard the whole thing.
                  Nice solo.
                  I hear a little bit of "Watchin' You" in the riff.
                  If this is a true precursor as to what else is going to be on the disc, I think I will enjoy it.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I'm going to be curious to see how many of these new songs make it into the live set.

When I saw AC/DC they played 5 songs off 'Black Ice' and it made me wonder that if a band makes one of these Wal-Mart deals... does Wal-Mart require (or heavily influence) the band into pushing the new disc by playing 'X' amount of songs off it when they go on tour to support it.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2004

I will just go with OK so far. I will give it a few more listens.

They also have a track by track review from Quietus up:

KISSONLINE.com > News > SONIC BOOM TRACK-BY-TRACK REVIEW

++

Also looks like 2 different songs have references to pulling the trigger of a gun......lol

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                        I'm going to be curious to see how many of these new songs make it into the live set.

When I saw AC/DC they played 5 songs off 'Black Ice' and it made me wonder that if a band makes one of these Wal-Mart deals... does Wal-Mart require (or heavily influence) the band into pushing the new disc by playing 'X' amount of songs off it when they go on tour to support it.

Looks like KISS will play a bunch of songs off Sonic Boom, in the next tour!!!

They've mentioned in some interviews, this new music were made to be played alive...

BTW, I really enjoyed "Modern Day Delilah"!!! I thought those falsettos were a bit weird at first...but was just the first impression.

And I can't believe I'm saying this but Tommy's solo is pretty cool!!!
                        www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

After I get off my soap box of not the promised '70s sound, I can say it is ok. Not great. Sounds like '80s KISS. I'm dissappointed in that, but '80s KISS is passable in today's musical environment. As a long time KISS fan, I'll get it to add to my collection, but it isn't anything to write home about. They usually gouge the fans for extra dough with an import version with one extra track. With Wal-Marts involvement looks like that won't happen.
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

I'll add after hearing the solo twice now, it's pretty cool. I was never a fan of Bruce Kulick, so now we have '80s KISS with Thayer. Solo is in the vein of Frehley, but it's not the ACE! Too bad they didn't get their shit together with Psycho Suckass and go in a classic direction with Ace on all the songs. Such is life.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

ACE FREHLEY Says New KISS Single Sounds Like It Could Have Been Recorded In The '80s - Aug. 20, 2009
                              Bob Suehs of Rock N Roll Experience conducted an interview with original KISS guitarist earlier today (Thursday, August 20). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Rock N Roll Experience: Have you heard the new KISS single, "Modern Day Delilah" (audio stream available below)?

Ace Frehley: Actually, I did. I thought it was a good song. Paul's [Stanley, guitar, vocals] always been a really good writer and the only thing that I would say that the song didn't live up to was the fact that I believe they said that all the new songs were going to sound like stuff from the '70s, and I didn't get that. The new song sounded like it could be something off an album they did in the '80s. That's what I got, but I thought it was a good song.

Rock N Roll Experience: What do you think of KISS selling their new CD exclusively through Wal-Mart?

Ace Frehley: It seems that more and more groups are going with major chains, and I mean, I guess there's a plus to the fact that they'll give you a large advance, but the minus is the album is only available in that chain of stores. I guess there's pluses and minuses to everything. I mean, I entertained that idea, but, for me, I thought it was better that my album be available everywhere.

Rock N Roll Experience: The horrible thing is though, there's not many record shops left these days outside of the major chains.

Ace Frehley: Yeah, well, I guess the Internet has something to do with that (laughs); it's just the way of the future. I mean, I started off with albums, I saw cassettes come into play, from cassettes it went to CDs and now I see CDs disappearing.

Rock N Roll Experience: Out of all the KISS merchandise from over the years, what was your favorite KISS merch?

Ace Frehley: I guess the dolls were probably the silliest (laughs) and most favorite, I guess. I mean, most of that stuff was kinda silly, and after I left the group, it got even sillier, so...

Rock N Roll Experience: How would you like people to remember Ace Frehley?

Ace Frehley: I believe I have, from my peers, which makes me feel good, I've never compromised my music. I just wanna be remembered as somebody who had some integrity, a good singer and songwriter and performer and someone who really didn't have any bad things to say about anybody, ya know, I just wanted to get along with everybody, and try to give some people pleasure.

Read the entire interview from Rock N Roll Experience.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Good read! Sounds like something they would have done in the '80s, no doubt. Klassic!
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...