Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 KISS News Bits - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KISS News Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
    Why should that stop them? Just send a roadie out in his makeup. He's lip-syncing to tapes anyway, so what's the difference??
    At this point in their career, far as the show I'm still slated to see (hasn't been cancelled yet) in October, I wouldn't feel let down in the least if Gene and Paul were replaced by a couple of nobodies in makeup. As you say, the lead vocals (Gene's too, from my understanding) and the backing vocals are by and large being lip-synched, so at that point what does it matter if any of the actual founding members are onstage or not?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Chaim also has COVID. At this rate they might have to replace the whole band with Disney animatronic robots.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
        Chaim also has COVID.
        Dave called in a favor from the Voodoo Queen?

Comment

• So, I saw KISS last night in Tampa.

It was...basically what I expected.

The opening act was that painter guy. He painted three pictures. One of John Lennon, one of Angus Young and one of KISS. It was sort of an odd choice for an opening act, but it sort of made sense in that it certainly cut down the breakdown time between the opening act and KISS...plus, I can't imagine KISS had to pay the painter nearly what they would have had to have paid a name opening rock band to open for them.

As for KISS...they did about 2 hours.

It was decent. Solid stage show in terms of the lighting, flames, pyro and visual special effects. Most of the setlist was agreeable to me, although frankly you could feel a lull of enthusiasm in the crowd when the band played War Machine, Say Yeah, Tears Are Falling and Psycho Circus: a combination of these tunes being those that casual concertgoers either didn't know or didn't particularly want to hear.

Tommy Thayer was capable enough in terms of playing Ace's licks. As well he should be, since he's been doing it long enough. Eric Singer was also as good as one imagined he would be.

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself. He did his flame-throwing bit, and his spitting-blood bit. Frequently, the video cameras would switch over to him and he appeared to be drooling.

Paul Stanley was having difficulties singing. He was clearly making an effort, and I am pretty sure a substantial portion of his singing vocals WERE live, because he was audibly struggling (and it doesn't make sense to 100% lip synch over a pre-recorded vocal track and have said track demonstrate strained, struggling vocals). He has changed his vocal approach to some of the tunes by singing in lower octaves, and the setlist was such where there was a lot of trading off back and forth between tunes Paul sung lead on and tunes Gene sung lead on. Stanley wasn't playing quite as much guitar-wise as he had in the past, either: he'd sort of stop playing here and there, particularly during verses, and let Thayer take up the slack. Thayer's guitar was noticeably louder in the mix. The inbetween song Paul raps were where Stanley's vocal decline was most noticeable (rather than during the tunes, where the background vocals could sort of paper over it), just in terms of being able to hear how weak and raspy his voice has become. He did mention the word 'Tampa' about 100 times during the show inbetween songs, so at least [Stanley] wasn't suffering from dementia in that he knew where he was playing last night...

The audience appeared to have an average age of about 60 years old. Sadly, not a lot of hot looking cougar milf gilfs, but rather a lot of aged Florida ditch pigs wearing slutty clothes which left their old, saggy flab out on ample display. This one grizzled sow in front of me was wearing something a stripper would and had a stomach that looked like a fucking beach ball...goddamed disgusting oinker.

Anyway, overall it was a slightly better Saturday night than what I usually have, which is falling asleep early on my Laz-y-Boy while listening to Thunderstorm Sounds For Relaxation via youtube on my Amazon tablet with Skullcandy headphones while the missus watches hour after hour of real life spouses killing spouses murder mystery shows.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
            So, I saw KISS last night in Tampa.

The opening act was that painter guy. He painted three pictures. One of John Lennon, one of Angus Young and one of KISS. It was sort of an odd choice for an opening act, but it sort of made sense in that it certainly cut down the breakdown time between the opening act and KISS...plus, I can't imagine KISS had to pay the painter nearly what they would have had to have paid a name opening rock band to open for them.

It was decent. Solid stage show in terms of the lighting, flames, pyro and visual special effects. Most of the setlist was agreeable to me, although frankly you could feel a lull of enthusiasm in the crowd when the band played War Machine, Say Yeah, Tears Are Falling and Psycho Circus: a combination of these tunes being those that casual concertgoers either didn't know or didn't particularly want to hear.

Tommy Thayer was capable enough in terms of playing Ace's licks. As well he should be, since he's been doing it long enough. Eric Singer was also as good as one imagined he would be.

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself. He did his flame-throwing bit, and his spitting-blood bit. Frequently, the video cameras would switch over to him and he appeared to be drooling.

Paul Stanley was having difficulties singing. He was clearly making an effort, and I am pretty sure a substantial portion of his singing vocals WERE live, because he was audibly struggling (and it doesn't make sense to 100% lip synch over a pre-recorded vocal track and have said track demonstrate strained, struggling vocals). He has changed his vocal approach to some of the tunes by singing in lower octaves, and the setlist was such where there was a lot of trading off back and forth between tunes Paul sung lead on and tunes Gene sung lead on. Stanley wasn't playing quite as much guitar-wise as he had in the past, either: he'd sort of stop playing here and there, particularly during verses, and let Thayer take up the slack. Thayer's guitar was noticeably louder in the mix. The inbetween song Paul raps were where Stanley's vocal decline was most noticeable (rather than during the tunes, where the background vocals could sort of paper over it), just in terms of being able to hear how weak and raspy his voice has become. He did mention the word 'Tampa' about 100 times during the show inbetween songs, so at least [Stanley] wasn't suffering from dementia in that he knew where he was playing last night...

The audience appeared to have an average age of about 60 years old. Sadly, not a lot of hot looking cougar milf gilfs, but rather a lot of aged Florida ditch pigs wearing slutty clothes which left their old, saggy flab out on ample display. This one grizzled sow in front of me was wearing something a stripper would and had a stomach that looked like a fucking beach ball...goddamed disgusting oinker.

Anyway, overall it was a slightly better Saturday night than what I usually have, which is falling asleep early on my Laz-y-Boy while listening to Thunderstorm Sounds For Relaxation via youtube on my Amazon tablet with Skullcandy headphones while the missus watches hour after hour of real life spouses killing spouses murder mystery shows.
            Disclaimer: not a Kiss fan.

Thanks for your review. That second to last paragraph made me chuckle...Thanks to my heart attack, I have become more selective of the event that I want to see live and a Kiss concert is certainly not on my list of things to go to again, so I will settel for reviews from now on lol, having already suffered their 1996 "Farewell/Reunion" show, but I am not a fan so...

Still no BL sightings?
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Gene seemed to be enjoying himself.
              Well, yeah. He looks out into the crowd and sees dollar signs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's handed a towel and a rundown of merch sales as soon as he's offstage.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by so this is love View Post
                disclaimer: Not a kiss fan.

Thanks for your review. That second to last paragraph made me chuckle...thanks to my heart attack, i have become more selective of the event that i want to see live and a kiss concert is certainly not on my list of things to go to again, so i will settel for reviews from now on lol, having already suffered their 1996 "farewell/reunion" show, but i am not a fan so...

Still no bl sightings?
                bl?
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

bl?
                  Brian Laundrie, just a reference to your location...
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Originally posted by So this is love View Post
                    Brian Laundrie, just a reference to your location...
                    Oh!

No, no BL...although in all fairness I wasn't looking, either.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

So, I saw KISS last night in Tampa.

This review is golden! You made me laugh my ass off.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Stanley sounding rough

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Maybe they should just do Gene's songs. He was never the best singer, but his voice seems to have held up a lot better than Paul's.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• That's just...sad. Paul and the Bat-Lizard douche both look like they are in need in immediate hip replacement surgery; what they can't make up for in talent they do in pyrotechnics. It's past time, people. Time to face the cold, cold reality. These fuckers are older than prehistoric dirt and need to hang it up.

Comment

• Even worse, they are a parody of themselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                                Even worse, they are a parody of themselves

Gene is sporting the latest fashion of imbeciles: face mask below the chin. Just take it off!

Better yet, retire the band!

Comment

Working...
                                X