X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Terry I usually agree with almost all your posts but are you fucking mental?

Click on this.

No one is singing live on this, the only question is whether 90% of the music is piped in or all of it.
    I mean, I just couldn't tell...

Like, I could tell that Paul's lead vocals, regardless of the piped-in vs. live factor, sounded as if they had been sung more recently: they sounded about right for a guy his age, with the attendant problems he has had with his voice over the last 5 years.

As to if Stanley had made fresher recordings of his vocals for the setlist in advance of the tour - complete with multiple edits/takes (I suppose he could have done the tracks line for line - and he's miming along to those recordings (or doing partial live vocals along with the recordings, or if the only thing live regarding Stanley is his inbetween song banter) - very little would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene's vocals were piped in, too.

I just couldn't tell for certain based on the thread clip here I watched, in terms of catching Stanley miming badly, or whatever. If you say he was, I'm not going to disbelieve you. I mean, it's not like Stanley miming vs. actually singing is going to be a deal-breaker for me in terms of attending a show or not.

Now, when Stanley jettisoned his frontman stagecraft technique of slapping his own ass while he minced across the stage...I mean, fuck, once THAT was out of the arsenal, THAT was a deal-breaker.

"LISten, I was miming along to a recording while I was pretending to talk to someone backstage tonight..."
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't necessarily think Paul is totally lip-syncing. He's singing over a loud piped in vocal track like that Simpson girl did on SNL...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        I mean, I just couldn't tell...

Like, I could tell that Paul's lead vocals, regardless of the piped-in vs. live factor, sounded as if they had been sung more recently: they sounded about right for a guy his age, with the attendant problems he has had with his voice over the last 5 years.

As to if Stanley had made fresher recordings of his vocals for the setlist in advance of the tour - complete with multiple edits/takes (I suppose he could have done the tracks line for line - and he's miming along to those recordings (or doing partial live vocals along with the recordings, or if the only thing live regarding Stanley is his inbetween song banter) - very little would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene's vocals were piped in, too.

I just couldn't tell for certain based on the thread clip here I watched, in terms of catching Stanley miming badly, or whatever. If you say he was, I'm not going to disbelieve you. I mean, it's not like Stanley miming vs. actually singing is going to be a deal-breaker for me in terms of attending a show or not.

Now, when Stanley jettisoned his frontman stagecraft technique of slapping his own ass while he minced across the stage...I mean, fuck, once THAT was out of the arsenal, THAT was a deal-breaker.

"LISten, I was miming along to a recording while I was pretending to talk to someone backstage tonight..."
        If Britney Speers can use Autotune anyone can. Remember it's KI$$. Them New York jews will pull any trick to make a buck.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          If Britney Speers can use Autotune anyone can. Remember it's KI$$. Them New York jews will pull any trick to make a buck.
          Goddamn Jesus-killing, miming Juden!
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Live, or Memorex? er, Memory Card?

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Compare that to this one from 1990

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Compare that to this one from 1990

Man...what a fucking great live voice...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  Man...what a fucking great live voice...

Guy could sing, no doubt about that.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Somewhat related:

NIKKI SIXX DEFENDS MOTLEY CRUE’S USE OF BACKING TAPES
                    Nikki Sixx argued for backing tracks during Motley Crue concerts, offering specifics about the technology they used, in February 2019.
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think a lot of people can just about see past backing vocals and keyboards being piped in but lead vocals and guitars are a red line for the majority.

Comment

• silverfish
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2007

Well, according to Sebastian Bach:

Sebastian wrote in a series of tweets: "KISS hit the exact same notes
                        [Tuesday] night in Anaheim that they did in their 30s.

"I listened to Paul Stanley sing his ass off LIVE. I paid tribute to the
                        band that has given us more than any other band that any of us can
                        name. I have seen way more obvious use of backing tracks than with
                        KISS.

"KISS is not lip syncing," he added. "There are too busy putting on
                        the greatest rock show you will ever see."

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has defended KISS against claims that the band is using pre-recorded tracks during its farewell tour. Ever since KISS's "End Of The Road" trek launched last month, there has been persistent online chatter about frontman Paul Stanley allegedly singing to a backin...
                        Originally posted by sadaist
                        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          Guy could sing, no doubt about that.
                          I have seen him on the Monsters of Rock 1988. Paul was killing it! Psycho Circus Tour, fantastic! 2014 struggeling heavily...this year...well...

Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                            Somewhat related:

NIKKI SIXX DEFENDS MOTLEY CRUE’S USE OF BACKING TAPES
                            http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nikki...backing-tapes/
                            The show I saw on Motley Crue's 'final' tour...the backing tapes were so egregious it was more amusing than anything else. The heaviest use of the tapes were for filling out the guitar parts. Like, with Mick Mars, I can almost understand it, because the guy is very seriously physically ill. Even so, at one point they were playing...what the fuck was it...Don't Go Away Mad, and when Mars was soloing you hear Mars soloing, the electric backing rhythm part AND the acoustic rhythm part all going simultaneously...and I couldn't help but laugh.

The other show I remember for being not particularly subtle about backing tracks was Def Leppard in...either 2007 or 2008. A LOT of backing guitar tracks and backing vocal tracks piped in, again to the point where it was laughable.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              I have seen him on the Monsters of Rock 1988. Paul was killing it! Psycho Circus Tour, fantastic! 2014 struggeling heavily...this year...well...

The only time I ever got around to seeing KISS was the Asylum tour. I'd say maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of the 15,000 seat arena was full. Wasn't an all-around great show, but two things stood out to me. One was that Eric Carr was a fucking MONSTER live. Much more so than he ever was on virtually every KISS album he played on outside of Creatures. The other was that Paul Stanley was a very, very good live vocalist. He was belting the shit out of one song after another.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I honestly think that there is a large part of the population out there that have become unaccustomed to live music because of all this fucking chicanery.

Nikki Six comments are hardly a surprise. Last time I saw them in 2011 I'm not sure any of it was live, followed by Def Leppard one of the only gigs I've ever walked out of.

Compare and contrast.

I'll take this any day, yet there are a bunch of people complaining about vocals in YouTube comments area.
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-15-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...