X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by silverfish
    "Review" of Peter Criss book at Grantland - link.
    Damn, that's a pretty blistering review...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Who the fuck would waste their time reading a washed-up drummer's book ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Who the fuck would waste their time reading a washed-up drummer's book ??
        Honestly, I just want to read his blasting of Gene and Paul, mostly Gene....

His calling Paul a "Machiavellian bisexual" cracked me up....

"Nice Dick", indeed.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

I bought Peter´s book and I´m reading it, it´s so honest and brutal

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

KISS in the 1980s after the makeup came off...ugh.

Very little to recommend from the band on the musical front in those years. Couple of odd tracks here and there that were okay, but the only record from those makeupless years that was halfway decent from start-to-finish was Revenge.

KISS just became an average hard rock band churning out average hard rock music, especially after Kulick hooked up with them.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

See I don't know I guess it depends on what you like about Kiss.Paul is my favorite and his voice was great on the albums with no makeup.I would highly recommend Revenge,Crazy Nights and Lick It Up.If glittery spandex and catchy songs do it for you then asylum is a great album
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

I really gotta give Paul Stanley kudos for preforming while he was very sick on the Buenos Aries show. That's why he sounds like absolute shit in this video. The surgery helped a little bit, but upper reperatory infections can still cause this to occur. I hope Paul is also giving his pipes an adequate rest. The man is sixty years old and his terrible voice during the Buenos Aries preformance is also a result of over-touring. And he should not have screamed the second verse.

The Rio De Janerio show was a few days after the Buenos Aries show and in that video he sounded much better and MUCH stronger, he's no longer screaming the words and he was actually singing properly like he should have.
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  See I don't know I guess it depends on what you like about Kiss.Paul is my favorite and his voice was great on the albums with no makeup.I would highly recommend Revenge,Crazy Nights and Lick It Up.If glittery spandex and catchy songs do it for you then asylum is a great album
                  See, once Ace and Peter left (and if I'm being honest, even as far back as Dynasty and Unmasked), KISS records generally just became too labored, slick and overproduced and contained a lot of generic rock songs of no particular distinction...there's not much much to distinguish KISS from the pop hair metal lite bands that surrounded them in the 1980s on records like Asylum. Crazy Nights or Hot In The Shade.

KISS just became one of the pack after the makeup came off. The odd decent track would surface here and there, but that tended to be the exception rather than the rule. Most of that I put down to Paul Stanley assuming the primary role in terms of musical direction around the mid-1980s. Stanley's songwriting inclinations and tastes tend to be very, very middle-of-the road.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Monster was a shit album.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Is that the latest one?

Honestly, after the shit that was Psycho Circus, I can't be bothered with new KISS music, although a lot of fans apparently liked Sonic Boom.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I have no idea. Was in the CD store the other day and about 4 of them were there in the used bin. They looked dusty and lonely.

Comment

• fraroc
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2012

Monster is a LOT better than Psycho Circus and Sonic Boom. Hell or Hallejulia and Outta This World are great songs and a lot of the songs on the album do remind me of the Rock n' Roll Over album.

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

I have no idea. Was in the CD store the other day and about 4 of them were there in the used bin. They looked dusty and lonely.
                            This explains why a Monster CD was in the used bin.

Gene Simmons may be a dick, but he is one smart man.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                              See, once Ace and Peter left (and if I'm being honest, even as far back as Dynasty and Unmasked), KISS records generally just became too labored, slick and overproduced and contained a lot of generic rock songs of no particular distinction...there's not much much to distinguish KISS from the pop hair metal lite bands that surrounded them in the 1980s on records like Asylum. Crazy Nights or Hot In The Shade.

KISS just became one of the pack after the makeup came off. The odd decent track would surface here and there, but that tended to be the exception rather than the rule. Most of that I put down to Paul Stanley assuming the primary role in terms of musical direction around the mid-1980s. Stanley's songwriting inclinations and tastes tend to be very, very middle-of-the road.
                              So what you are saying is based on the music they were releasing they were not likely to pick up new fans?

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Depends what you were expecting.If you wanted some ground breaking new material that will change the face of music then I would agree.But if you want a big,loud,glitz and glamour filled fun album It is very good

Comment

Working...