X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    Watched some videos from the opening night. It's Milli KISSilli now. Paul's vocals are so obviously piped in, pathetic. Stage show looks interesting though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
    Stage does look good but all the pyro and bombs and video screens ain't gonna save the train wreck that this is now.

Even the songs just plod along - slow and no energy. Paul and Gene can barely move around out there. And I don't like hearing Eric Singer - scab catman - sing Beth or Black Diamond. Its just so bad.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's like those fireworks kits where you just light the fuse and it does the whole show.

I think the pyros and lights are probably synced as well as the backing tracks.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Which, I mean...so many bands of all genres have been doing that live 'enhancement' thing for so long now that many people apparently either don't care or just accept it.

Me, I prefer to have whatever I'm hearing live be created solely by the musicians onstage in real time. Call it anachronistic, a dinosaur mentality/old school or whatever, but it's just part of what I want out of a live experience.
        Same same! It's a travesty now

Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hey Paul, is there an echo in there? That's the best episode I've seen of Lip Sync Battle!

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow!

KISS rocker Gene Simmons wants “dishonest” bands who use backing tapes to include that fact on their concert tickets.

KISS rocker Gene Simmons wants “dishonest” bands who use backing tapes to include that fact on their concert tickets.

Simmons claimed some of the world’s biggest performers are relying on prerecorded music or vocals in concerts.

“I have a problem when you charge $100 to see a live show and the artist uses backing tracks,” Simmons said. “It’s like the ingredients in food, if the first ingredient on the label is sugar that’s at least honest. It should be on every ticket — you’re paying $100, 30 to 50 per cent of the show is (on) backing tracks and they’ll sing sometimes, sometimes they’ll lip synch. At least be honest. It’s not about backing tracks, it’s about dishonesty.

“There’s nobody with a synthesiser on our stage, there’s no samples on the drums, there’s nothing. There’s very few bands who do that now — AC/DC, Metallica, us. I can’t even say that about U2 or the Stones. There’s very few bands who don’t use (backing) tracks.”

I was talking to a lifelong Ki$$ fan today who said he would like to pay the $800 for the meet and greet at the arena here so he could punch his fat face.

I pointed out he may have a stand in for that or it could just be a video of him...

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Wow!

I was talking to a lifelong Ki$$ fan today who said he would like to pay the $800 for the meet and greet at the arena here so he could punch his fat face.

I pointed out he may have a stand in for that or it could just be a video of him...
              As Gene says, so dishonest.

As opposed to, say, recording some live shows, taking those tapes into a recording studio and re-recording over the tapes, dubbing just about anything one could think of (including noises of cheering crowds), then releasing all of that as a 'live' album which would be titled something along the lines of...say, 'Alive!' and not disclosing how the album was actually made until years and years later - now THAT reeks of integrity.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

It's not over until the fat lady sings?

Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Has the Star Child had a sex change operation and gained weight? Haha! Well it might be over when Gene gropes Paul's wife's ass but apparently Gene just does that to Ace's woman.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Has the Star Child had a sex change operation and gained weight? Haha! Well it might be over when Gene gropes Paul's wife's ass but apparently Gene just does that to Ace's woman.
                      Paul might be very jealous if that ever happened, he'd be like, "why won't Gene ever touch me like that! What am I, chopped liver warmed over twice!?"

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        Not bad.

Paul's vocals sounded passable enough. Couldn't tell if they were partially piped in or not from the clip, but I've seen clips from the last several tours where they've sounded rougher. Smart move splitting up the tunes between the ones Gene sings lead on and the Paul ones, in terms of pacing.

Stage show looked good. At least the band isn't going out with a show where it looks like they've skimped on production costs.

Pretty good setlist. Nice to hear them playing War Machine. A few odd choices: one of the tracks early on in the set I didn't quite recognize, and had to look up afterward to find out it was Say What? from the Sonic Boom album. Have only heard Sonic Boom and Monster once or twice apiece. That tune didn't really stack up well alongside most of the rest of the setlist. Thought the title track to the Psycho Circus album was another odd choice: are longtime, hardcore KISS fans over the moon about that track and that album? The other weird one was Hide Your Heart, which...well, can't say as I was a huge fan of what KISS was doing during that Asylum/Crazy Nights/Hot In The Shade period. Not back in the day, and that stuff hasn't gotten much better to my ears.

Didn't much care for Eric Singer singing Beth. Much along the lines as me not caring for Thayer singing Shock Me: Beth and Shock Me...man, those are just signature Criss and Frehley tunes. You know, I can give Singer a pass for singing Black Diamond, but...you know, I get it in that Criss isn't in any condition to play a full set with the band (and hasn't been by his own admission for at least a decade) if he wanted to. I dunno...seems silly for me to talk about integrity and nuance when talking about KISS...their over-the-top, in-your-face bombastics were part of what I loved about them in the first place, but is nothing fucking sacred to Gene and Paul? I suppose not, if they had no compunctions about sticking Thayer and Singer in Criss's and Frehley's makeup to begin with. You'd think Singer might have had some misgivings about singing Beth, though...although now that I think about it, Gene and Paul had Eric Carr re-record Beth, so fuck Peter Criss has been the mindset for decades, I suppose.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                          Not bad.

Paul's vocals sounded passable enough. Couldn't tell if they were partially piped in or not from the clip, but I've seen clips from the last several tours where they've sounded rougher. Smart move splitting up the tunes between the ones Gene sings lead on and the Paul ones, in terms of pacing.
                          Terry I usually agree with almost all your posts but are you fucking mental?

Click on this.

No one is singing live on this, the only question is whether 90% of the music is piped in or all of it.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-10-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Trunk seems to think that Paul's not the only one faking....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Yeah saw this. Pathetic.

And guess what Stan is doing now?

He is starting to sing the first verse of Detroit Rock City - but then lip synchs the rest. LOL

Just to throw the whole "he's not singing" controversy off. But its so obvious because he can barely make it through that first verse then all of a sudden doesn't have problems for the rest of the song.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...