Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The nazis don't own good luck or lightning bolts. Fuck em! I just see it as a band founded by two jews one of whom's mom is a holocaust survivor taking them lighting bolts back.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• fraroc
      Commando
      • Jun 2012

Gene may come off as a total asshole in this video, but he is 10,000,000,000,000% right about the music business. Unless you are a talentless boy band like One Direction or a talentless rapper like Lil' Wayne, Good fuckin' luck trying to make it in life, there is no more record label for classic rock, touring in dive bars can barely put bread on the table and to quote him "how the fuck are you gonna make a new record?" if you can't even pay your bills?
      How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc

Gene may come off as a total asshole in this video, but he is 10,000,000,000,000% right about the music business. Unless you are a talentless boy band like One Direction or a talentless rapper like Lil' Wayne, Good fuckin' luck trying to make it in life, there is no more record label for classic rock, touring in dive bars can barely put bread on the table and to quote him "how the fuck are you gonna make a new record?" if you can't even pay your bills?
        I love it when Gene says "who cares." He always got the big picture when the others probably didn't. No way would KISS still be around and doing well without Gene still in the band.
        These people that think they are above marketing themselves, usually shoot themselves in the foot. Especially today. I wish Van Halen got it.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I like what Gene Simmons had to say and I totally agree. Rock stars aren't rock stars anymore!!! Even if the music has changed, why can't they bring back the fast cars, hot women etc etc etc.... this is exactly why kids today listen to rap... HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
            I like what Gene Simmons had to say and I totally agree. Rock stars aren't rock stars anymore!!! Even if the music has changed, why can't they bring back the fast cars, hot women etc etc etc.... this is exactly why kids today listen to rap... HE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!
            I think the current hard times we are in is going to be the catalyst for the end of political correctness. I think people are going to get a big reality punch in the face. This will spark a massive FUCK YOU! movement and out of the abyss will come forth some new great music. We first need to go through the don't tell me what to do and go shove it faze which were are starting to lead into now.

I think there are two kinds of kids today. One group is totally worthless and the other group is brilliant. This new group coming up is so polarized. I mean it's going to be sink or swim and out of that is going to come some real great talent in everything.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

I'm not much of a Kiss fan. But my girlfriend loves them and played me the new album. I thought it was good. I don't have much interest without Ace.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Interesting. It's usually the guy that is the KISS fan. I hear you on Ace but Ace has his thing. His autobiography is a good read. I need to read Peter Criss'.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Interesting. It's usually the guy that is the KISS fan. I hear you on Ace but Ace has his thing. His autobiography is a good read. I need to read Peter Criss'.
                  I was never into those guy's singing that much. The music on the new stuff was strong though. I listen for that first. Stupid lyrics last. Lol. Ace is a cool dude. I need to read that.

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I hate to say this but I like KISS more without the makeup! Yes there was alot of great shit in the 70's LOVE GUN ETC ETC....

I love LICK IT UP AND ASYLUM!!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I hate to say this but I like KISS more without the makeup! Yes there was alot of great shit in the 70's LOVE GUN ETC ETC....

That was good too. I can remember going into clubs and Lick It Up wold be playing.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        I was never into those guy's singing that much. The music on the new stuff was strong though. I listen for that first. Stupid lyrics last. Lol. Ace is a cool dude. I need to read that.
                        I want a laugh box with Ace's laugh in it. Ace has the best laugh ever.

Ace is a legend. The real deal.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Seriously, this is gonna sound crazy but I think Asylum might be my favorite KISS album!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Like this ??

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

A lot of people said that Kiss was at it's worst musically without makeup on. I disagree too. I mean, check this out.

This is Gene's blood spitting bass solo in 1977 and It's not even considered a "bass solo". It's just him hammering the E-String then spitting blood. The growling effect is cool, but it's not a real bass solo.

In these videos, Kiss is without makeup and Gene is playing the bass solo without blood. And here he is playing an actual melody and funky riffs which actually don't sound too bad considering he plays with a pick (Chris Squire does too and he's fucking amazing.)

You see the difference, when Kiss took off the makeup they did focus more on musical quality than theatrics.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...