X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OldNo.7
    Who buys this shit? If my son said he wanted a KISS anything I would say no. That's junk son.
    I'm gonna send him a bag of KISS M&M's and a note telling him not to listen to his dad. I think I still have that address somewhere.

Comment

• crazzycat

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      I'm gonna send him a bag of KISS M&M's and a note telling him not to listen to his dad. I think I still have that address somewhere.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Here's an oldie but goodie from 1974...that old broad "recognizes" Gene!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!
          The Classic game of Bingo meets KISS.

Players choose a Bingo Card to begin the game. There are 24 numbers per card plus a free space in the center of the card. The numbers run from 1 to 75. Once the game begins, the caller selects numbers at a random and calls them. As soon as the caller calls out a number, all the players place a Bingo Chip on that number (if the number is on their card). The winner is determined when a player completes a winning bingo pattern (a line - either vertical, horizontal or diagonal, a full card (when all the numbers are to be covered or any pattern that the caller determines to be the winning combination prior to the game beginning).

The numbers in the columns of a Bingo Card are selected at random and printed according to the range - Column B: 1 to 15, Column I: 16 to 30, Column N (this column contains four numbers and the free space): 31 to 45, Column G: 46 to 60 and in Column O: 61 to 75.

Components - Tally Board, Bingo Markers, KISS Bingo Cards (20), Bingo Chips, Drawstring Bag with KISS logo embroidered on it.
          Playing time - 2-20 players (15-20 minutes)
          Features - Ages 8+, 2-20 Players

KISSONLINE.com > Home

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Quite lame
            This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
              Quite lame
              I dunno...considering how old the band's original fans are getting, this might be an astute attempt to pander to "Century Village" dwellers.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                While I think Trent is a cunt, he is right on the money about Gene.

Gene is almost 60 years old (I believe he turns 60 in August).

The platforms and the makeup thing WAS ultra-cool at one time.

Not cool for a 60 year old. Gene looks like Grandpa Munster these days.

Meh.

I mean, it's pretty much just a job for Gene and Paul nowadays, isn't it? Slather on the greasepaint, play the oldies, slap the logo on something and sell it...sure beats spending time coming up with new material that probably wouldn't even shift half a million units regardless. Now that Ace and Peter aren't around grumbling about money, they were able to get a couple of clones in, put them on salary and keep the lion's share for themselves.

Personally, I have no use these days for the farce that goes by the name "Kiss" but obviously that doesn't matter to Simmons or Stanley. Their "fans" to them now are the ones who keep spending money on concert tickets and merchandise. Obviously those people are happy with what the business entity known as Kiss is doing (or, at the very least, accept the current mediocre level of output enough to keep shelling out the dollars), so why should Stanley and Simmons give a shit about what the rest of us who think they are washed-up and pathetic think? We're not the ones currently lining their bank accounts.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

I had a good nightmare about Gene Simmons the other night. I had apparently spent about $150.00 plus transportation to get to somewhere where he was doing a press thing and taking questions. Problem was, he answered everything "Yes", "No" and "Um, I think so". After five minutes of this, he gets up and leaves and says he's out of time.

So, wife in tow and yelling at me all the time, I run after him and confront him, saying "You better sign this mother fucker!" and shove something in his face. He gets scared and refuses, so I punch him in the nose.

Good part? Punching Gene Simmons.

Nightmare? Dreaming about Gene Simmons.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• davehagarfan
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                    Sorry..that is possibly the worst analysis of KISS and solo work ever.
                    Gene's is not the best one. Ace ruled. Paul's was good pop-rock fun. Then Gene and Peter's is last.

Read my post again....I stated Paul's and Ace's Kiss solo albums are great but they would have made even better Kiss albums.....Gene's solo album was...in my opinion the best. It had familiar Kiss territory on it but it had real creative, unfamiliar territory on it too like the intro to Radioactive and the acoustic singer/songwriter, folk side too with Mr Make Believe and See You Tonight.

Gene's version of See You In Your Dreams blows the original version off Rock and Roll Over away!!!!

Ace's Comet material sucked fucking ass outside of a few songs...most of which he didn't even write. Into The Night, Do Ya Want My Love. Rock Soldiers was cool but let's face it....as a solo artist Ace blew his whole wad in 1978.....his 80s shit was a huge let down and weaker than fuck

Ace also didn't write NY Groove....those are the fucking facts whether your head is too far up Ace's ass to realize that and admit it to yourself is another story

Comment

• The Elfoid_TFS
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by davehagarfan
                      Read my post again....I stated Paul's and Ace's Kiss solo albums are great but they would have made even better Kiss albums.....Gene's solo album was...in my opinion the best. It had familiar Kiss territory on it but it had real creative, unfamiliar territory on it too like the intro to Radioactive and the acoustic singer/songwriter, folk side too with Mr Make Believe and See You Tonight.

Gene's version of See You In Your Dreams blows the original version off Rock and Roll Over away!!!!

Ace's Comet material sucked fucking ass outside of a few songs...most of which he didn't even write. Into The Night, Do Ya Want My Love. Rock Soldiers was cool but let's face it....as a solo artist Ace blew his whole wad in 1978.....his 80s shit was a huge let down and weaker than fuck

Ace also didn't write NY Groove....those are the fucking facts whether your head is too far up Ace's ass to realize that and admit it to yourself is another story
                      I thoroughly approve this post!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by davehagarfan

I don't give a fuck if Ace wrote the song or not. Ace's solo album ruled and Ace's solo albums have all been good. Last time I looked you didn't have to write the song for it to be good.

I guess Burn Bitch Burn blows away New York Groove, because Gene wrote it himself?
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

KI$$ in Vega$

AMERICAN rockers Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of the legendary Kiss rock band will make appearances in a Las Vegas live theatre extravaganza co-produced by local entertainment company Storm Lion.

This was announced on Tuesday by Storm Lion and its Los Angeles conference at The Arts House in Old Parliament Lane.

Called Kiss: Carnival Of Souls, the live show is a brainchild of Stanley and Simmons.

The latter was in town to meet potential business partners to stage the show in the region.

Set against a dark carnival, the show, named after the group's last album embarks on a journey seeking true love.

Kiss will also be recording an all-new repertoire for this production.

Dressed in jeans and black jacket, Simmons, who is Kiss' singer and bassist, says the upcoming production will be a 'fantastic production of sounds, lights and fantasy'.

Kiss go to Vegas

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

GENE SIMMONS 'Reviews' NINE INCH NAILS' Concert In Singapore - Aug. 11, 2009
                            KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has posted a brief review of NINE INCH NAILS' August 10, 2009 concert at Fort Canning Park in Singapore.

Simmons, who was in Singapore on business, wrote in an apparently sarcasm-filled posting on his Facebook page, "Went to see Trent Reznor's [NINE INCH NAILS mainman] band. About 1,000 people attended the outdoor event. On other days (it's a three-day festival), it's LADY GAGA and KEANE. Band was solid. Good lights. Lots of smoke in every song. Couldn't see the band. But, boy, was there a lot of smoke. Terrific drummer, who played in perfect time with the tape loops. Good stuff... I loved it."

Reznor stated in a recent interview that he'd "never want to be Gene Simmons, an old man who puts on makeup to entertain kids, like a clown going to work."

When asked about Reznor's comments by a fan in the "Letters From Fans" section of Simmons' web site, Gene replied, "No worries. Trent grew up on KISS and cut his teeth on our toons. When he was recording 'Downward Spiral', he had two action figures on his mix console — Jesus and Gene Simmons.

"Once you're a self confessed heroin addict, who used the stuff for years, you don't look at life the way the rest of us do… I'm told.

"We all wish him well."

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Fuck Trent Reznor.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

GENE SIMMONS To TRENT 'REISER': 'If You're Going To Open Your B**** Mouth, Do It Properly' - Aug. 12, 2009
                                According to AsiaOne.com, KISS' forthcoming Las Vegas show, which is estimated to cost between $40 million and $60 million, will be styled like a Cirque Du Soleil performance — with less talk by actors and more KISS songs, says vocalist/bassist Gene Simmons.

The band will combine new material with familiar classics under the direction of Simmons and KISS singer-guitarist Paul Stanley.

The production is a collaboration between Singapore entertainment company Storm Lion and American publishing company Radical.

Simmons said: "KISS is not just a brand and a band. It's the epitome of theatrical rock."

Regarding his war of words with NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor, who recently called Simmons an "old man who puts on make-up to entertain kids, like a clown going to work," Gene said, "If you're gonna talk the talk, then you're gonna have to walk the walk. If you're going to open your b**** mouth, do it (properly)."

During his interview with AsiaOne.com, Simmons also purposely mispronounced Reznor's name, calling the 44-year-old singer "Trent Reiser." he then added, "I'm kidding. The band [NINE INCH NAILS] is actually terrific."

Comment

Working...