Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: KISS News Bits

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Now I have seen everything....Kiss is coming to Riverdale to play for Archie & Co.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2011/0...ss-makeup.html

KissArchie Announced at the recent Comic-Con, Kiss will be teaming up with Archie Comics for "In your face tales of Kiss/Archie". Apparently Kiss will come to Archie's hometown of Riverdale in the pages of Archie #627, that will kick off a 4-part "Archie Meets Kiss" storyline. Yes, to the left is Veronica, Jughead, Betty and Archie donning Kiss makeup. I don't know about you, but the phrase "in your face" was not exactly a phrase that I equated with Archie Comics or any of those characters at
    all. To my surprise, it looks like others have visualized grown up versions of Archie as well. Here's a trailer for a fictitious movie called "Riverdale," with a new take on the Andrews clan - it doesn't have the naivete and lightness that I remember from the original Archies years ago, but I think it's well done in teen/vampire network style.

My path happened to cross with Mark Barkan, who authored the B-side of the Sugar Sugar single; a song called Melody Hill. I was awestruck at my discovery - he also wrote the Banana Splits theme as well as She's A Fool for Lesley Gore, and he was kind enough to autograph my copy of Melody Hill/Sugar Sugar on the Calendar/Kirschner label. That single was the number one song in Billboard in 1969, and to MelodyHill this day I still think Melody Hill is the superior track. Just days after getting Mark's autograph, Archie was back in the news with the Kiss team-up announcement. I haven't kept up with Archie as of late, and think I'll leave it that way. My bubblegum pop history and B-sides are all I need. If I want, I can gawk at the cast of Archie in Kiss makeup- at least we know what they look like without it already! My dark side might watch this trailer a couple of times. Am I not getting with the program? I don't think so, certain things I'd rather not revisit, I'll stick with my original preference... I'll take Melody Hill anyday!
    I bet Gene tries to stick his tongue into Veronica's asshole!

Someone oughta scan it off, replace all the dialogue, then re-draw some of the pages....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Does this mean KISS will be adding covers of "Sugar Sugar" and "Jingle Jangle" to their set list?

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Think Chaim would dig Reggie's funky assed bass line there?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

KI$$ pajamas anyone?

>Click<

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2011/0...ss-makeup.html

I bet Gene tries to stick his tongue into Veronica's asshole!

Someone oughta scan it off, replace all the dialogue, then re-draw some of the pages....
    Who WOULDN'T lick Veronica's asshole????

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I wish I went on the Kiss Kruise

7. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 487 Posts

Post KISS To Release Remixed Version Of "Destroyer" Sometime Next Year

Kind of surprised nobody posted on this yet...

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/v...502/pid/400512

KISS To Release Remixed Version Of "Destroyer" Sometime Next Year

11-Nov-11

KISS bassist Gene Simmons has revealed the band's fourth studio album, Destroyer, is being remixed by producer Bob Ezrin, with a release expected next year.

The deluxe version of the rerelease will feature outtakes, as well as the original cover art.

Destroyer was released in 1976 and went on to achieve platinum status.

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2013 @ 07:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Remixed?

From what I heard it was impossible to remix Bob Ezrin stuff as all the effects and everything are on the tape.

So Mike Stone & Sean Delaney said when they tried to remix that stuff for "Double Platinum".

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting...

I'll grab a Torrent when it's released...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Badguy View Post
    Remixed?

From what I heard it was impossible to remix Bob Ezrin stuff as all the effects and everything are on the tape.

So Mike Stone & Sean Delaney said when they tried to remix that stuff for "Double Platinum".
    Well, not quite.

The thing Ezrin did was, he would mix the drum track down to a single track so that there could only be mono drums in all future mixes. That's why they couldn't make the DESTROYER tracks sound the same (wide stereo) as the other tracks on DOUBLE PLATINUM, which were all mixed in a similar manner to make them have a similar sonic attitude. He did also record the tracks so that effects would be on the tape with the instruments (vocals with reverb on the tape...not reverb added in post). It can still totally be done. Now whether or not DESTROYER needs a remix...that's another story. Album sounds pretty fine to me. But I suppose Ezrin could pump up the bass a bit and add some edge to the guitars...even turn the piano in SHOUT IT OUT LOUD up a bit, etc. What I would really like to hear are some of Ace's attempts at solos that never got used (Dick Wagner's solo in SWEET PAIN just never worked for me...too thin-sounding and not enough balls...the band should have showed some patience and let Ace do it right). Anyway, who knows if Ace even attempted a solo for that song. Doubtful.

I'm more excited for the outtakes. I'm sure there will be demos, but I would most like to hear the completely unreleased song (only available in crap quality on bootlegs), NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (with Peter on vocals). I think it's a pretty good track.

I'll buy this for sure...unless of course the band expects me to shell out $150 for a set containing postcards and action figures and other shit I don't need in the set.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting demo.....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

That song just don't work with Gene's demonic growl. And it's too damn fast (and too close to disco)

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    ...And it's too damn fast (and too close to disco)
    No doubt! That disco high-hat thing is working overtime!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Could there be any more echo on Paul's voice. And that chorus is laughable!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

KISS' New Album Is 'About Two Days' Away From Being Completed

Why is it that every new album from KISS is the best album they have ever done?

KISS members Paul Stanley (guitar, vocals) and Tommy Thayer (guitar), along with producer Greg Collins, have released a one-minute video message from Collins' studio, The Nook, where they are putting the finishing touches on the band's new CD, "Monster".

"[KISS is] about two days from [being] finished with this album," says Stanley. "It's almost done and it's awesome. It is by far the best thing we've done in I don't know how long. Have I ever said that before? Yeah. Was I right? Yeah. I'm right this time again. . . Truly, the album kicks major ass and we're very, very proud of it." Thayer adds, "You're gonna as as excited as we are, 'cause we're really excited. And we're not just saying that. This is great stuff. It's amazing."

In a 2011 interview with U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine, Stanley stated about KISS' follow-up to 2009's "Sonic Boom", "'Sonic Boom' was a pivotal album in the sense that we were aware of who we were as a performing band, but we had to re-establish who we are as a recording band. That being done, this is much easier and that much more self-assured."

Added bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons: "This new record feels heavier than 'Sonic Boom'. It feels like [it's] a connection between 'Destroyer' and 'Revenge'.

Regarding some of the tracks that will appear on "Monster", Stanley said, "I'd be surprised if the album didn't start with 'Hell Or Hallelujah'. It's up-tempo, a great riff, definitive KISS. There's a track called 'Born To Be A Sinner', and Tommy [Thayer, guitar] has a song called 'Out Of This World', which is terrific. They're anthemic songs. That's the nature of how we write. There are no ballads."

Added Simmons: "'Are You Ready?' is a new track that I worked out, wrote, and brought everyone into the studio and said: 'Let's bang this out.' Another of the new songs, tentatively titled 'Wall Of Sound', we just came up with on the spot. The guts of that song were written in 40 minutes."

In a 2009 interview with Premier Guitar, Collins stated about the experience of working with KISS on "Sonic Boom", "It was amazing, because I was working with people that I idolized as a kid. Over the years I've learned that the dynamic in every band is different, and sometimes it can be tough, with politics, egos and however many years of baggage. I couldn't believe how incredibly healthy the creative relationship is with KISS. Paul was clearly in charge of the record, but he was open to everyone's ideas. Everything was discussed in an enjoyable, fun way. There was no sense of egos overwhelming the process or anyone being marginalized in any way. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences I ever had working with a band. . . . Paul has said that no other lineup could have made this record and I believe he's right. Everyone in KISS is confident about their role in the band. They're not trying to please anyone but themselves, which is the best way to make music. There was no sense of anxiety, no label, no A&R guy. It was just the band and myself, trying to make the best KISS record we could. It was a completely natural process, and hopefully the results speak for themselves."

"Monster" is tentatively due this spring

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who advised Paul to revisit that horrible 'Music From The Elder' haircut?

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Who advised Paul to revisit that horrible 'Music From The Elder' haircut?
    Nice AV Walker. I'll take the sig though.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Meh.

Fuck Tommy Thayer.

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 12:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

PAUL STANLEY Breaks Down Six New KISS Songs - via Blabbermouth

The February 2012 issue of U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine features KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley's thoughts on six songs from KISS's upcoming album, "Monster", which he is co-producing.

"I wasn't interested in making an album unless I was in charge and no one agreed to it half-heartedly," says Stanley. "The band's all there, all the time, and we cut the tracks all facing each other in the same room. Chemistry and camaraderie, that's essential. That's what made [2009's] 'Sonic Boom' so great, and this album is thunderously better."

"It's A Long Way Down"

Stanley: "It says that those who reach heights and don't appreciate them fall mightily — it's a long way down from the top. It's a defining track in the sense that it's very up-tempo and very much a signature song. Eric's [Singer] drumming is incredible on this."

"Back To The Stone Age"

Stanley: "One that Gene [Simmons] sings. It's exactly what you'd expect it to be from the title. I come from a school where you write a verse, a bridge, a chorus, and then you go back. That's in my blood. It's in Motown, it's in THE BEATLES, it's in LED ZEPPELIN, it's in THE WHO, its in all my favorite bands."

"Shout Mercy"

Stanley: "That's a great track. There's a lot of tracks that could start the album, and this is one of them. I like to think that the opening song is a declaration of what the album really is, whether it's a 'Love Gun' or a 'Detroit Rock City'. It's important to start with a song that defines what you're gonna be getting."

"Out Of This World"

Stanley: "That's one of Tommy's [Thayer, guitarist.] He really pushed the limits. His playing is phenomenal. It has the kind of excitement that I like to hear where you're not quite sure if it's gonna go off the rails or not. That's what makes great rock n' roll."
    "Wall Of Sound"

Stanley: "We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here; we're at our best when we don't over-think. It's not a Rubik's Cube, it's a song, you know? This one is absolutely, immediately recognisable and identifiable and true to being KISS. I put the blinders on us to keep us from being derailed or the attention span broken by things going on around us."

"Hell Or Hallelujah"

Stanley: "Another up-tempo song, and it's very definitive. That's what I think is so great about this album: every track is quintessential. No one does it better — and many have tried. When we hit the bulls-eye, we hit it full on. We've cut 14 tracks. How many we'll use or how this will play out will be interesting, but there's no filler."

Stanley said that KISS was going to be wrapping up work on "Monster" this week. On Wednesday (January 4) Stanley gave an update on the album — which is their first new studio set since 2009's "Sonic Boom" — saying, "(We are) two days from finished with this album. It's awesome. . . by far the best thing we've done in I don't know how long. Have I said that before? Yeah! Was I right? Yeah! I'm right this time again! Truly, the album kicks major ass and we're very, very proud of it."

Guitarist Tommy Thayer also spoke about the new album, which will be the band's 20th, adding: "You're gonna be as excited as we are cause we're really excited, and we're not just saying that. . . this is great stuff. . . it's amazing!"

There's been no release date announced for "Monster".

Stanley admits that he's never surprised by how deep KISS' fan devotion continues to run worldwide. "It really for me, resoundingly once again, I guess validates for me why this band exists," he told The Pulse Of Radio. "It's not a tepid recreation of the past, it's really an ageless beast that dominates at will. It's timeless."

Gene Simmons told The Pulse Of Radio that despite the knocks KISS has received from the rock press over the years, that sometimes in rock n' roll, style actually makes for excellent substance. "Y'know, every few years there's a kind of born-again thing that happens with KISS, a kick in the butt," he said. "And despite the naysayers and whoever else we have long since buried in our backyards of mansions that bad reviews built us — we all live and die by the masses. So interestingly enough, the movies that I go see, that I love, when I read the reviews, I'm shocked because I always get the sense, 'Oh, they must have seen a different movie.' So when I go see 'G.I. Joe', or 'Transformers', or some of the other great thrill-rides; This ain't Shakespeare! (Laughs) But it also doesn't pretend to be. That's not why I'm going. I wanna see the world blow up."

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

KISS: Deluxe Edition Of 'Destroyer' Due Next Month - Jan. 10, 2012
    According to the official release schedule of Universal Music in Denmark, the deluxe 25th-anniversary edition of KISS' classic fourth album, "Destroyer", will be released in Europe on February 27 (one day later in North America). The two-disc set will feature remixes of the original LP by producer Bob Ezrin, outtakes from the 1976 album sessions as well as the LP's original cover art.

Ken Kelly's original version of the album cover for "Destroyer" was rejected by the record company because they felt the scene was too violent-looking. Also, the original version had the members of KISS wearing the "Alive" costumes.

Released in March 1976, "Destroyer" was the second consecutive KISS album to reach the Top 20 in the U.S. The LP was certified gold by the RIAA on April 22, 1976. It was certified platinum on November 11, 1976, the first KISS album to achieve that distinction.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Artwork for new KISS CD???

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

KISS: Deluxe Edition Of 'Destroyer' Due Next Month - Jan. 10, 2012
    According to the official release schedule of Universal Music in Denmark, the deluxe 25th-anniversary edition of KISS' classic fourth album, "Destroyer", will be released in Europe on February 27 (one day later in North America). The two-disc set will feature remixes of the original LP by producer Bob Ezrin, outtakes from the 1976 album sessions as well as the LP's original cover art.

Ken Kelly's original version of the album cover for "Destroyer" was rejected by the record company because they felt the scene was too violent-looking. Also, the original version had the members of KISS wearing the "Alive" costumes.

Released in March 1976, "Destroyer" was the second consecutive KISS album to reach the Top 20 in the U.S. The LP was certified gold by the RIAA on April 22, 1976. It was certified platinum on November 11, 1976, the first KISS album to achieve that distinction.
    Hmm Cool. I wonder of Ace and Peter get anything for this.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Artwork for new KISS CD???
    The only thing that excites me about a new KISS album is a new KISS tour. BAD ASS. It's a must see show. I'll try to upload some pics from the last show I went to.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 01-10-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Big Red X

25. 2 users say thank you to Jagermeister for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (01-10-2012),Matt White (01-10-2012)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

KISS TIGER STADIUM 1996

ALICE N CHAINS & SPONGE OPEN

It was like seeing the BEATLES at SHEA!!!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hope this works. Last tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I hope this works. Last tour.
    Yup...awesome stage as always!

If you ever get the chance Jag....if they ever tour with ACE & PETER again.....you have to see it.....vibe was INCREDIBLE...and they kicked so much ass!!!

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Bit confused - is the artwork used for Destroyer not the original Kelly version?
    Or am I just reading it wrong and it should read "...Kelly's version of the album
    cover for "Destroyer" was originally rejected by..."

I've never heard of a rejected cover but if there is one, I'd love to see it.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Interesting demo.....
    God of Disco "Nice Dick"

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.kenkellyfantasyart.com/kiss.html

The rejected artwork was the one with the red cover and the 'Alive!' costumes.

32. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

silverfish (01-11-2012)

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post

If you ever get the chance Jag....if they ever tour with ACE & PETER again.....you have to see it.....vibe was INCREDIBLE...and they kicked so much ass!!!
    Yeah that would be awesome. It ain't KISS without Ace and Peter.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I saw Kiss in 1996 with Ace and Peter. It was fun as hell.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 02:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

hopefully Monster will be like Revenge, except without a version of Every Time I Look At You.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

For some reason, I'll always be content to have seen them in their mid-1980's nadir on the Asylum tour, with perhaps 6,000 people showing up in a 15,000 seat arena.

Like, to have seen KISS in the mid-1970's would have been the bomb...but I was too young then to go (and couldn't con any of my older cousins to take me), and by the time Asylum rolled around, the band was in the pits. Went with a friend who had an extra ticket he couldn't sell. Tickets were only $15 back then, mind you. He asked if I wanted to go, on the condition that I bought the ticket. I was like, "Nah." After a few hours of him calling around and trying to sell the ticket, he called me back and offered to give me the ticket plus provide all the weed for us to smoke that night. It was only the latter part of the second offer that made me say ok.

God, KISS sucked balls that night. Encored with the most goddamn awful version of Won't Get Fooled Again I've ever heard (even worse than Van Hagar).

I was gonna go see 'em in 1996...probably should have...but whatever. I hate paying big bucks for nostalgia trips, and the ticket prices I had access to buying in 1996 were WAY too fucking high.

Anyway, like I said before, fuck Tommy Thayer.

37. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (01-10-2012)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My mom took me and my friend Drew to see the Alive II tour in 1978. It was cool.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    For some reason, I'll always be content to have seen them in their mid-1980's nadir on the Asylum tour, with perhaps 6,000 people showing up in a 15,000 seat arena.

Like, to have seen KISS in the mid-1970's would have been the bomb...but I was too young then to go (and couldn't con any of my older cousins to take me), and by the time Asylum rolled around, the band was in the pits. Went with a friend who had an extra ticket he couldn't sell. Tickets were only $15 back then, mind you. He asked if I wanted to go, on the condition that I bought the ticket. I was like, "Nah." After a few hours of him calling around and trying to sell the ticket, he called me back and offered to give me the ticket plus provide all the weed for us to smoke that night. It was only the latter part of the second offer that made me say ok.

God, KISS sucked balls that night. Encored with the most goddamn awful version of Won't Get Fooled Again I've ever heard (even worse than Van Hagar).

I was gonna go see 'em in 1996...probably should have...but whatever. I hate paying big bucks for nostalgia trips, and the ticket prices I had access to buying in 1996 were WAY too fucking high.

Anyway, like I said before, fuck Tommy Thayer.
    Same here on many levels Terry.....

I remember stopping by my Mom's house & telling her about the 1996 show....

Her: "$85 for a ticket? Are you crazy???"

Me:" Just think of all the money you would have saved me if had taken me to see them....in 1977!!!"

It was PURE nostalgia...and worth every penny....the newest song they played was "NEW YORK GROOVE".......Love Gun & Back.....All of ALIVE....just a perfect show...never need to see 'em again.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Unchained Rocker
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 04:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    hopefully Monster will be like Revenge, except without a version of Every Time I Look At You.
    This is kinda what the band announced recently...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    My mom took me and my friend Drew to see the Alive II tour in 1978. It was cool.
    That MUST have been seriously fucking cool!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It was funny. My mom with earplugs and a beehive hairdoo sitting in the nosebleed section of the Providence Civic Center in a fog of pot smoke. The stoners in our section didn't know what to think at first but they actually were cool and treated her with respect.

43. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Matt White (01-10-2012)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Same here on many levels Terry.....

I remember stopping by my Mom's house & telling her about the 1996 show....

Her: "$85 for a ticket? Are you crazy???"

Me:" Just think of all the money you would have saved me if had taken me to see them....in 1977!!!"

It was PURE nostalgia...and worth every penny....the newest song they played was "NEW YORK GROOVE".......Love Gun & Back.....All of ALIVE....just a perfect show...never need to see 'em again.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Like, until the last several years or so, the most I had ever paid for a ticket was $50, and that was bought off a scalper in a parking lot on the night of the concert for the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels 1989 show. Between that show and 1999, I just went to clubs to see bands play. It was in the middle of this period that KISS reunited, and the tix I had access to were like $100 +. NOT scalped, mind you, but purchased legit. At the time, I was like, fuck THAT shit.

In retrospect, I kinda wish I had gone...I would have gladly paid $100 + in 1996/1997 to have seen a reunited CVH live.

Instead of seeing the KISS show in 1996, I think I ended up going to a strip club that night and spending 3x what I would have on the KISS tix.

Better to have spent that to see a woman's titties than Paul Stanley's hairy, aging man-titties. At least that's how I rationalize it these days.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    It was funny. My mom with earplugs and a beehive hairdoo sitting in the nosebleed section of the Providence Civic Center in a fog of pot smoke. The stoners in our section didn't know what to think at first but they actually were cool and treated her with respect.
    The Providence Civic Center was where I saw KISS in 1985.

Small world, 'innit?

Thread Information