Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Ace is taking the high road in interviews... don't know if I can say the same for old gay paul...

Paul Stanley doesn't believe Ace Frehley's new solo album will steal the limelight from KISS's comeback release, "Sonic Boom".

Ex-KISS guitarist Frehley's album, "Anomaly", goes on sale on September 15, while "Sonic Boom" comes out on October 6.

Classic Rock magazine asked Stanley this week whether he regarded the timing as unfortunate.

Stanley replied: "For who? Look, it's a hard one for me to answer. This album took us months to do, that album from what I understand took Ace 15 or 20 years to do.

"I can't say anything about the timing or the release schedule or what have you — I truly, always go back to: I hope Ace is happy, and I think it's terrific that he's alive. Anything else past that is a bonus. I wish him well."

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

He is bitter, but honest. He and Ace got fucked out of that album. Paul is a douche.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
        That is where Peter is a bit wrong. He sort of paid his dues by recording almost all of the guitars on the Psycho Circus cd in 98. Gene looked his way first when Ace left.

If Peter had been to more of the recording session he might have remembered the guy did more then just order food......lol....
        Thayer slapped on Ace's makeup and played Ace's licks.

Let's get real, here. While it probably was too good of an opportunity to pass up on Thayer's part, unless one thinks Thayer being Gene's errand boy for several years entitles him to get up there and pretend to be Ace Frehley (which, for all intents and purposes, is basically what he is doing), well, in terms of paying dues Thayer hasn't shelled out nickel one.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          I saw them in Detroit back in '96; seeing them now, after that one night, just seems like everything else Kiss has done since the reunion...anti-climatic.

The first couple years of the mid-1990s reunion made sense.

I'd go as far as to say even by 2000 that the KISS reunion was starting to devolve into farce. Had they packed it in around 2000, that would have ended the band on a high note, with a bit of class. The money-making instincts prevailed over that, though.

The band sold tickets for the tail end of Ace and Peter's second go-around with KISS as being "the farewell tour".

Only by splitting hairs can one say that turned out to be true (it certainly was the farewell of Ace and Peter), as the grease paint stayed on and the tours continued.

Hey, if people still go to the shows and have a good time, great. God bless 'em. Far as Gene and Paul go, their rationale for all of this continuing goes no farther than still wanting making a buck flogging memories. Just taking care of a greed-lust they know they can't finance any other way than to do what they're doing. When they state in interviews that it is anything other than that, it's laughable.

Peter Criss did come off as bitter in those Trunk interviews, but he probably has a right to be. Granted it was a two-way street, but without Ace and Peter, Gene and Paul would have been doing little more than what they were before the 1996 reunion; playing KISS Konventions. They sure as fuck wouldn't have been selling out stadiums in the late 1990s with Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick.

The real reason Ace and Peter became problems after the reunion started is because they started asking for an equal split of the profits as the tours continued. THAT is the reason Thayer and Singer are up there in their places, and nothing more elegant than that.
          Last edited by Terry; 08-24-2009, 10:57 PM.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
            He is bitter, but honest. He and Ace got fucked out of that album. Paul is a douche.
            Maybe he did... but if you want to base what he may have brought to Psycho Circus on his shitty 'All For One' solo album, I'd say Paul didn't have much of a choice.

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

In honor of Gene's birthday... I call for a moratorium on Gene bashing for the day.

(I bet this doesn't last for one post... LOL!)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                Thayer slapped on Ace's makeup and played Ace's licks.

Let's get real, here. While it probably was too good of an opportunity to pass up on Thayer's part, unless one thinks Thayer being Gene's errand boy for several years entitles him to get up there and pretend to be Ace Frehley (which, for all intents and purposes, is basically what he is doing), well, in terms of paying dues Thayer hasn't shelled out nickel one.
                Exactly.

And its speculation as to how much Thayer played on Psycho Circus. Even Bruce played on "Within".

Thayer made a good cup of coffee for Gene for years.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                  A calculated PR stunt for Gene. Well played.
                  Maybe not so well played...

Report: Fans Say KISS Broke Promise To Give Contest Winners A Concert - Aug. 25, 2009
                  Jenny Yuen of Sun Media reports: Thousands of Oshawa KISS fans who voted online to win a contest to see the band play in their city got the short end of Gene Simmons', er, tongue yesterday.

The car manufacturing capital of Canada was recently named the KISS capital after beating out every major city in North America in an online competition.

But when the KISS fall tour schedule was released yesterday morning, Oshawa wasn't even on the list.

"I'm devastated," Oshawa Councillor Robert Lutczyk said. "Gene told us personally that KISS would be in Oshawa. He said the top three in the contest are guaranteed a show."

So what happened?

The rock icon could not be reached for comment but a band spokesman said "a few situations" required placing shows in neighbouring market concert venues.

"This was necessary to make sure that all regional fans get a chance to see KISS with the band's full stage production," said spokesman Erik Stein.

Read the entire report from Sun Media.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Shit... did I just bash Gene on his birthday?
                    Shame on me!

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Thayer paying his dues.

This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

It's odd how he chose to look right at the camera as the picture was taken. Yeah, maybe the photographer called out to him...

The only thing that would improve that image would be if a trail of toilet paper was stuck to the bottom of the "Ace moonboots" Tommy is wearing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                          So what happened?

The rock icon could not be reached for comment but a band spokesman said "a few situations" required placing shows in neighbouring market concert venues.

"This was necessary to make sure that all regional fans get a chance to see KISS with the band's full stage production," said spokesman Erik Stein.
                          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The whole Oshawa thing is not surprising.

Gene and Paul have been fucking with the fans and being dishonest for years. This is no different.

But the whole "KISS will play anywhere where fans will demand" was a joke; at least to KISS but to the fans who made a strong effort to get voted number 1, its a slap in the face to them.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

I knew he(they) would manipulate the results.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Chaim Witz fucks Oshawa KI$$ fans up the arse...DRY!!!

Rock and Roll Fuckover

Oshawa questions KISS concert snub

Tue Aug 25, 7:15 AM

TORONTO (CBC) - After winning an online competition among cities vying for a KISS concert earlier this summer, Oshawa, Ont. was shocked to discover itself missing from the 70s-era rock band's upcoming tour schedule, released Monday.

"When I went online and saw the dates and saw that Oshawa wasn't there, I was in shock," Oshawa City Councillor Rob Lutczyk told CBC News.

"It's not even that we were in the top 10. We were number one, and not even by a bit but by a longshot. We blew Winnipeg completely out of the water by 2,000 votes."

The venerable rockers, whose hits include You Were Made For Lovin' Me, Beth and Rock and Roll All Nite, launched an online contest in April calling on fans to help pick stops for the forthcoming tour.

"No matter where the fans say from stadiums to cornfields if there are enough votes, KISS will be there!" the band said in a statement at the time.

Oshawa eventually emerged as KISS capital, but was missing from the fan-chosen concert venues list released Monday, while other cities it had beat in the competition such as Toronto, Montreal, Saskatoon, Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg were included.

According to a statement from KISS management, "a few situations required locating shows in neighbouring market concert venues to make sure that all regional fans get a chance to see KISS with the band's full stage production."

The statement also added that concert organizers "are currently planning something special for the city of Oshawa itself, so stay tuned for additional announcements." Sean Shane, a KISS superfan in Oshawa, retains hope that his idols will fulfill their promise.

"They're 100 per cent for their fans. They definitely like good publicity and if they didn't come this would be a terrible incident on their part," he said.

Link to the fuckover story...
                                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...