X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
    Ha... someone must have left the guard down and I got in to check the clips out.
    This sounds like it's going to be pretty solid!
    Really like 'Change The World'.
    Me too. Pretty catchy
    This space for rent.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Heard some sound bites from Chaim $immons sayingt he's pissed off at the media for all the negative backlash. They (KI$$) claim they were gonna surprise Oshawa with a concert... WTF ,they won the fuckin poll, you're supposed to play a fuckin concert for them ,FFS!!!
      Surprise?! Puhleeese ,You can smell the back peddaling a mile away...
      Nice try Chaim...
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
        Heard some sound bites from Chaim $immons sayingt he's pissed off at the media for all the negative backlash. They (KI$$) claim they were gonna surprise Oshawa with a concert... WTF ,they won the fuckin poll, you're supposed to play a fuckin concert for them ,FFS!!!
        Nice try Chaim...

He can try and put the best face on the situation, but the band was pretty much shamed by the media and all the negative backlash into honoring their promise.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
          Nice try Chaim...
          LMAO

Chaim = Owned
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Here is a published report of Simmons' comments. For your own amusement, see how many times you can detect the dung-like aroma of utter horseshit coming out of his mouth.

KISS leader blames media for flap
            By Michael Oliveira, THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO - Kiss frontman Gene Simmons insists - strongly - that his fans in Oshawa, Ont., weren't being snubbed or overlooked when the band charted its upcoming North American tour.

The band had no intentions of going back on its agreement to give Oshawa a special show, to reward the city's fans for winning a contest on the official Kiss website.

Kiss had a surprise in mind for Oshawa all along, but the media crashed the party and ruined the idea, Simmons said Wednesday during a testy interview with The Canadian Press.

"I'm really pissed off at the media for creating this nonsense," a sharp-tongued Simmons said.

"Now the story's going to come out as a kind of, 'Gene is complaining about the media' (story) - you're God damn right I am."

Earlier this year, Kiss asked fans to go to their website and vote for their hometown to be included in the band's next big tour, with the promise of a concert for the leading vote-getter.

Oshawa finished first among all cities, but when the dates for the "Kiss Alive 35" tour were announced this week, the city was left off the list, without explanation.

When asked to respond to the apparent snub, the band's management said the city was skipped for logistical reasons but promised Oshawa would get something special in the future.

Fans and politicians in Oshawa were outraged that they were skipped over, and the backlash eventually forced the band to announce it would play a show in the city after all on Oct. 7.

A concert, and a special event to launch the release of the band's new album, had been planned all along, but the media ruined the surprise for Oshawa by prematurely forcing the band to make the announcement, Simmons said.

The band clearly hinted that Oshawa would get its rightful due, he added, and suggested members of the media acted like petulant children by insisting to know all the details right away.

"We'll tell you when we're ready, not when you're ready, that's not how you do things," Simmons said.

"You have a birthday coming up and you want to know, 'What's my birthday present?' (No), settle down, take a pill, relax. We'll let you know what it is - not when you want. It's show business."

He said the media didn't seek out reaction from Kiss before running their stories about an apparent Oshawa snub, although messages left by The Canadian Press with the band's management on Tuesday were not returned.

Many Kiss fans in Oshawa were up in arms over the lack of an announced date in their hometown but Simmons said they too should have trusted the band wouldn't let them down.

"Respectfully, the fans aren't qualified to understand how things are done ... (they) don't know how things work," he said.

"Since we're playing Toronto right down the street from Oshawa (the two cities are about a 45-minute drive apart on Highway 401) we didn't want Toronto to compete with Oshawa."

Oshawa Mayor John Gray was diplomatic in suggesting that the media coverage of the band's apparent no-show in the city was fair, but he's also just satisfied with the happy ending.

"The Kiss organization is fulfilling their commitments, the media recognized that Oshawa was a victim - and they performed their role quite responsibly - and I think at the end of the day it's a win for everyone," he said.

"I think (Kiss) applied logic to it and said, 'Look, we better find a way to do this concert' and I think that's exactly what they're doing."

Simmons assured Oshawa's Kiss fans that far from being disrespected, they're in for something special.

"Because of who and what Oshawa is - which is near and dear to our hearts because (they) won the No. 1 spot above and beyond New York, L.A., Toronto, Vancouver - we wanted to do a huge campaign and literally premiere 'Sonic Boom,' our new album, Oct. 7 in Oshawa," he said.

"(Oshawa) will get the full high-octane, high-energy show ... this is going to be a two-and-a-half hour sweat-filled show, huge fireworks displays, the biggest screen you ever saw, brand new outfits, and almost every song that we can physically play during that time."

London, Ont., Montreal, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary and Vancouver have also been scheduled for concert dates on this tour, and Simmons hinted, begrudgingly, that other Canadian cities may be included on a second leg.

"We're coming back and playing again and yes, there'll be another leg," he said.

"But not when you want us to talk about it, it's when we want to talk about it."

CANOE -- JAM! Music: KISS leader blames media for flap

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

If this has been posted already, I must of missed it. The 35 year anniversary of Kiss Alive at Cobo Hall

KISS ADDS SECOND PERFORMANCE BY OVERWHELMING DEMAND AT DETROIT ROCK CITY'S COBO ARENA ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th, 2009
              SPECIAL KISS ALIVE 35 CONCERTS TO CELEBRATE BAND�S LANDMARK ALBUM KISS ALIVE! & NEW CD/DVD PACKAGE SONIC BOOM
              September 25th - SOLD OUT! Tickets for September 26th on Sale Now!

The KISS Army has spoken! By overwhelming fan demand, KISS has just added a second special KISS ALIVE 35 concert at Detroit Rock City's legendary concert venue, Cobo Arena. Following the incredible response to the previously announced show on Friday, September 25th, in which tickets sold out at a feverish rate, a second KISS date has been added on Saturday, September 26th

The legendary venue, a Motor City institution that is slated for closure, has hosted KISS concerts on numerous occasions, not the least of which was the series of shows that were recorded to become the KISS ALIVE! album. The band will come full circle to reprise that classic recording at these September shows, this time returning with brand
              Link

I heard they may play the whole Kiss Alive album.

Is nothing sacred to these guys.....I know rhetorical question.
              Last edited by kwame k; 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

"Respectfully, the fans aren't qualified to understand how things are done...they don't know how things work," says Simmons.

Meh.

Doesn't take much more than reading this thread to say that is a bunch of bunk. This group of fans understand exactly how and why things are done in the KISS organization.

What sort of "surprise" was KISS gonna pull out of it's arse for that Oshawa gig in terms of announcing it? Notice how the band didn't want the Oshawa gig to compete with the clearly more lucrative nearby Toronto gig...hey, didn't Oshawa actually express the most interest in having the band play there?

So much for what Gene thinks about the "fans".
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

"Respectfully, the fans aren't qualified to understand how things are done ... (they) don't know how things work," he said.

That one pisses me off more than anything else
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I'm in the minority... I love Gene's unabashed arrogance.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

To a point. But he got caught this time , and the insulting backpeddling is hilarious...
                      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        If this has been posted already, I must of missed it. The 35 year anniversary of Kiss Alive at Cobo Hall

Link

I heard they may play the whole Kiss Alive album.

Is nothing sacred to these guys.....I know rhetorical question.
                        How can they celebrate the release of KISS Alive at Cobo Hall without the OTHER TWO principle members who made those 1975 shows kick ass in the first place?
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Simple, hire two different guys and put 'em in their makeup

Seriously, this is fucked up and a new high in the lameness that is now Ki$$.

Although Kiss Alive is rumored to be anything but a live album, overdubs galore and so on. Detroit was one of the few places Kiss could play a big arena show. We supported them way before the rest of the country and for that loyalty Kiss has been great to Detroit. I think they are tearing down Cobo and I guess I could understand paying tribute to the place/album that really launched their careers but I agree bring back the original 4 for 2 shows and now we're talking class.
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                            Simple, hire two different guys and put 'em in their makeup

Seriously, this is fucked up and a new high in the lameness that is now Ki$$.

Although Kiss Alive is rumored to be anything but a live album, overdubs galore and so on. Detroit was one of the few places Kiss could play a big arena show. We supported them way before the rest of the country and for that loyalty Kiss has been great to Detroit. I think they are tearing down Cobo and I guess I could understand paying tribute to the place/album that really launched their careers but I agree bring back the original 4 for 2 shows and now we're talking class.
                            Having some "class" and "KISS" just don't work together very well.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              Having some "class" and "KISS" just don't work together very well.

Sad but True

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Kiss thinks its fans are the stupidest rock fans on the planet.

You know, at times I'm not entirely sure I disagree with him on that point. How anybody can continue to pump any money at those egomaniacs at this point is beyond me. Hell, I'll say it - I'm glad to say that I haven't spent one legitimate penny on that band since 1996. I can also say that not even much of a fan of Kiss in general anymore; their public behavior, business decisions and treatment of the fans has pretty much sealed that deal for me.

With the new album pending, I still have no plans on either spending money on them.
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...