X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Yup, Bob.

After whatever happened to Ace and Peter during the reunion/farewell tours and the downright awful album that had only one song with all 4 of them playing on, according to Peter. I gave up on this band decades ago.

It was nice to see the reunion happen but Gene and Paul are complete control freaks and whores to the Ki$$ profit machine. The small amount of respect I had for Ki$$ was completely ruined when they used Ace and Peter's makeup on those other guys.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
      Kiss thinks its fans are the stupidest rock fans on the planet.
      Hard to argue with that... I mean a lot of us did spend money on the KISS Exposed VHS tape back in the day...

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Kiss thinks its fans are the stupidest rock fans on the planet.

You know, at times I'm not entirely sure I disagree with him on that point. How anybody can continue to pump any money at those egomaniacs at this point is beyond me. Hell, I'll say it - I'm glad to say that I haven't spent one legitimate penny on that band since 1996. I can also say that not even much of a fan of Kiss in general anymore; their public behavior, business decisions and treatment of the fans has pretty much sealed that deal for me.

With the new album pending, I still have no plans on either spending money on them.
        Oddly enough, when you replace the word "KISS" with "Van Halen", the above post still makes perfect sense.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Oddly enough, when you replace the word "KISS" with "Van Halen", the above post still makes perfect sense.
          You ain't shittin'!
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k

Although Kiss Alive is rumored to be anything but a live album, overdubs galore and so on.
            Someone here may know this better than me but in that crazy rumor mill the story is KISS hired session musicians to overdub most of those parts simply because even they couldn't play them in a controlled studio environment to Eddie Kramer's demands.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Overdubbing did happen on that Live record, I think even Gene has made comments on it but since I gave up on Ki$$ pretty much after puberty, I have no idea what the facts are.
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Here's Eddie Kramer's comments..........

Eddie Kramer, who produced Alive and Alive II, Comments On Alive!

In the recent issue of Home Recording magazine producer/engineer Eddie Kramer was asked about recording live albums. A couple of names were dropped and KISS was mentioned, since he was the chief producer and engineer on both KISS ALIVE and KISS ALIVE II. When asked if any overdubs were used, he mentioned that since KISS was "all over the bloody place" on stage, it was very hard to be perfect and thus there was a lot of sloppy playing and missed vocals. He also stated that KISS was not very "tight" musically and that the entire KISS ALIVE album except for the drums were all overdubs. The interviewer had said that the album couldn't really be "Alive" then, Eddie replied, "Hardly".

According to Gene Simmons own autobiography Kiss and Make-Up, "There have always been rumors that the Alive! record was substantially reworked in the studio. Its not true. We did touch up vocal parts and fix some of the guitar solos, but we didn't have the time or money to completely rework the recordings. What we wanted, and what we got, was proof of the band's rawness and power." (p.111)

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Having spent more than my share of time in Oshawa, it would be an improvement if KISS's pyro malfunctions and burns the fucking city to the ground.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                    Having spent more than my share of time in Oshawa, it would be an improvement if KISS's pyro malfunctions and burns the fucking city to the ground.
                    Hahahaha!
                    I was listening to Talk 640 this morning. Subject: Oshawa+ KI$$
                    The caller said Ontario would be better off if Oshawa was bulldozed and dumped into Lake Ontario !
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Here's Eddie Kramer's comments...He also stated that KISS was not very "tight" musically and that the entire KISS ALIVE album except for the drums were all overdubs.
                      I'd always felt that the drums were the weakest link in early KISS, so considering how hit and miss Peter Criss' live playing tended to be, Kramer's comments really sound odd. In fact, by the time they went to record Dynasty, Peter was replaced by Anton Fig.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        I'd always felt that the drums were the weakest link in early KISS, so considering how hit and miss Peter Criss' live playing tended to be, Kramer's comments really sound odd. In fact, by the time they went to record Dynasty, Peter was replaced by Anton Fig.
                        Always with the drummer cracks there 4 strings

Yeah, Peter was pretty much out of it by then, Dynasty, and depending on who you believe....Peter says his heart wasn't in playing disco tunes.....Gene and Paul say he was too far gone on drugs and alcohol. So who knows the truth.

Eddie's comments are pretty weird. The dirty little secret in the industry is that no Live Album is completely live. So I don't know Craig.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I don't give a flying fuck how much they say Alive! is overdubbed, that's a great "live" album....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I don't give a flying fuck how much they say Alive! is overdubbed, that's a great "live" album....
                            Yup and all the other ones too!

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Eddie's comments are pretty weird. The dirty little secret in the industry is that no Live Album is completely live. So I don't know Craig.
                              Oh yeah, absolutely. You know all of that audience noise on the live Frampton album? Almost all of it came from the Stones 1972 North American Tour. It was leftover from the Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones concert film. Even The Song Remains The Same is phony, as the camera crew missed so many things that the band dressed in the same clothes over a year later, and were filmed on a sound stage at Shepperton Studios. This is why Page's hair appears to grow and shrink throughout, sometimes within a single song (check out the clips of "Rock And Roll" at Youtube sometime ).

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

I heard rumors about Frampton's album but never knew that.....cool, for those of us who love random trivia like this.

Comment

Working...