Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Yeah, but look how many overdubs they put in the Van Halen live album....

Oh wait.... Never mind....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Yeah, but to be fair at least half of the live sets from 1983 to 1993 were comprised of classic KISS tunes...as long as Thayer and Singer are in someone else's makeup, it's a sham.
      True.

Actually, the live sets from 83 to at least 88 were not THAT heavy on KISS classics. Lots of stuff from Lick it Up and Creatures there.

By the end of the 80s KISS realized that they needed to play more of the old stuff since that is what most people wanted. By the Hot in the Shade tour in 1990, it was almost 90% 70s KISS.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

One of the rumours that came about when KISS was doing Alive III was that the band were doing extended soundchecks and recording all of them "just in case" when the time came to record the shows, things weren't "on" that night. I don't know why that would matter because if they have the ability to record sound checks, why not record entire shows? Honestly very few live albums are all from one show.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Tony whitfield
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Dec 2004

KISS ALIVE STILL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERHERO/ROCKSTAR

Tony W

SO BE IT

SO SHALL IT BE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• indeedido
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Scab KI$$ has new uneese. Not really new, more of an update with no originality.

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Looks like a new line of guitars should be coming soon too. Paul looks like he has a reverse head-cock (stock) Silvertone V. Gene will probably repackage his axe. Maybe Thayer will use Ace's face on his guitar too
              This space for rent.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Is it just me, or does the whole idea of ANY version of Kiss in makeup/garb at this point in the game just seem really, really stupid?
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  Is it just me, or does the whole idea of ANY version of Kiss in makeup/garb at this point in the game just seem really, really stupid?

Yes.

The band flat-out said about 4 years into the initial reunion tour with Ace and Peter that they were doing a final round of shows and were going to hang it up afterwards. That entire series of concerts were played under the stated premise that it was a farewell tour.

Even Ace saw how ridiculous it was a couple of years later and left.

As far as people still attending the shows, the only thing I can compare it to is maybe having a favorite roller-coaster at a theme park, and going once a year to ride on it even if you've already been on it many times before...but eventually aren't you gonna get bored with it and want to try a new coaster?

I mean, Gene and Paul are just so flat-out greedy that were I still a fan of what the band is doing currently, I'd have a hard time reconciling the belief that they're just doing it for the money and as long as they are selling a concert ticket it matters little to them if I bought it or someone else did as long as there is an ass in the seat. Sure, maybe deep down most bands don't give a shit about their fans, but most don't wear their greed like a badge of honor the way he does, either.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                    Scab KI$$ has new uneese. Not really new, more of an update with no originality.

Gene looks like he's so fat he can barely move...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Paul's really looks like it came from the Creatures era.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Hey...if there's someone who can recommend and link me torrents of good quality KISS bootlegs from 70's like that Midnight Special, videos or mp3's, please PM me...I'd appreciate any help. Those Midnight Special performances sound GRATE...Ace rewls!!!
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          Hey...if there's someone who can recommend and link me torrents of good quality KISS bootlegs from 70's like that Midnight Special, videos or mp3's, please PM me...I'd appreciate any help. Those Midnight Special performances sound GRATE...Ace rewls!!!
                          GA, there are a handful of sites out there, but none of them is exactly what you'd refer to as a definitive source. Here are two of the better ones for identifying the boots. The first offers some downloads, but not all of the links work. The second is more of a listing than anything else. You may wind up needing to go to a site like Jamtothis in order to find them.

KISS Bootlegs

Carol's KISS Bootleg World

Also, you may wish to check out the DVD "KISSOLOGY Volume 1" (scroll down the link for a review and track listing), which features some pretty good footage from the mid seventies.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Big thanks, chefcraig!! Gotta hand it to your avatar as well.

Btw, in case someone hasn't seen this, one of the events on the way to the break-up of the original KISS...the band in Tom Snyder Tomorrow show, and Ace's laugh cracks me up every time..."I'm a plumber!". Gene doesn't look too happy most of the time...

Part 1: YouTube - Kiss Tomorrow show with Tom Snyder part 2
                            Part 2: YouTube - Kiss Tomorrow show with Tom Snyder part 2
                            Last edited by Golden AWe; 09-08-2009, 12:36 PM.
                            Originally posted by Cato
                            Golden, why are you FAT?
                            Originally posted by lesfunk
                            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              GA, there are a handful of sites out there, but none of them is exactly what you'd refer to as a definitive source. Here are two of the better ones for identifying the boots. The first offers some downloads, but not all of the links work. The second is more of a listing than anything else. You may wind up needing to go to a site like Jamtothis in order to find them.

KISS Bootlegs

Carol's KISS Bootleg World

Also, you may wish to check out the DVD "KISSOLOGY Volume 1" (scroll down the link for a review and track listing), which features some pretty good footage from the mid seventies.

This one has the original Midnight Special performances and they are really good in that performance. Ace in particular. Black Diamond kicks ASS!
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Gene Simmons to Star in The Christmas Movie
                                Written by Christmas Movie Critic. Filed under Christmas Movies September 8th, 2009

Gene Simmons is starring in an upcoming holiday film, titled The Christmas Movie.

The movie is about a young, well-to-do Mary living in modern times, who gets pregnant and ends up in a trailer park. The KISS bass player plays Mary’s Jewish truck-driver father.

Other actors to star in the film include Elliott Gould, Linda Gray, Lainie Kazan, Cloris Leachman, Della Reese, Oleysa Rulin, Cybill Shepherd, and Fred Willard.

The Christmas Movie was written and directed by Dan Gordon, who is probably known for writing the script for The Hurricane.

No release date has been announced, but the Internet movie database at IMDB.com indicates the film is in post production.

Comment

Working...