• Feb 2004

P-U.
    This space for rent.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
      Hey...if there's someone who can recommend and link me torrents of good quality KISS bootlegs from 70's like that Midnight Special, videos or mp3's, please PM me...I'd appreciate any help. Those Midnight Special performances sound GRATE...Ace rewls!!!
      GA,

This is the probably the best KISS LIVE bootleg torrent site. Walker, Wooda, and a few others here as well as myself have accounts there.

Club 9316 - Powered by vBulletin

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by indeedido
        Paul's really looks like it came from the Creatures era.
        Yeah, maybe they're ready to take off the make up....I can't stand Tommy and Eric wearing someone else's make up.
        www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

I just checked out samples of the Sonic Boom album and I have to say IT SUCKS! Yawn, gag, snore! If you've heard Hot in the Shade and Psycho Circus, then you've heard this album. If you dig those, then you'll dig this.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

The following clip contains some 30 second edits of the tracks from the new album. It doesn't sound that all that awful, at least to my ears. Then again, I wasn't expecting much to begin with, so anything short of being completely underwhelming and decidedly crummy can be viewed as a plus in my book.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/27SsToTEMq0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/27SsToTEMq0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfe bd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
              GA,

This is the probably the best KISS LIVE bootleg torrent site. Walker, Wooda, and a few others here as well as myself have accounts there.

Club 9316 - Powered by vBulletin
              I wonder if I still have an account there.

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

I keep hearing "Rise to it. You really can do it" and "Let's, put, the X in sex"
                This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Yeah, I hear ya. The chorus of "Russian Roulette" was lifted lock, stock and barrel from "Larger Than Life", "Never Enough" sounds suspiciously like "Lick It Up", "Nobody's Perfect" could be "Ladies Room", ect. I dunno, these boneheads have never been innovators in the first place, but I am pleasantly surprised at the results. Let's face it, this could have been a helluva lot worse.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

I keep hearing "Rise to it. You really can do it" and "Let's, put, the X in sex"

THAT's not a good sign...
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Dec 2005

"Nobody's Perfect" is pretty much the demo with the same name Gene recorded in 1985, "Hot and Cold" the verses and lyrics are just like "Rotten to the Core", that cool demo from the 70's!!

And Tommy Thayer's voice sounds like Joe Elliot in the beggining, circa "High n Dry" era...hell even the chorus of his song sounds like early Def Leppard!!!

Looks like this album will be a real classic!!!
                      www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        THAT's not a good sign...
                        No kidding.

Some of the stuff (mostly Paul's songs) on those 30 second clips sound like very cheesey 80s crap.

Its not even good 80s KISS (like Creatures) but shitty 80s KISS (Crazy Nights).

I actually give Gene props for at least trying to recapture the 70s vibe as you can hear a bit of it in his songs. His stuff seems to be the real winner here.

Fucking hell. Eric Singer's "All for the Glory" is fucking gay. Sounds like some shit off of "Hot in the Shade".

Lame.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

From our pals over at W t f !!!!!!!!!! - Club 9316

Burn this into your brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

This space for rent.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

From our pals over at W t f !!!!!!!!!! - Club 9316

Burn this into your brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

"At least Tommy Thayer is on it...hey, where ya going?!"

classic
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              No kidding.

Some of the stuff (mostly Paul's songs) on those 30 second clips sound like very cheesey 80s crap.

Its not even good 80s KISS (like Creatures) but shitty 80s KISS (Crazy Nights).

I actually give Gene props for at least trying to recapture the 70s vibe as you can hear a bit of it in his songs. His stuff seems to be the real winner here.

Fucking hell. Eric Singer's "All for the Glory" is fucking gay. Sounds like some shit off of "Hot in the Shade".

Lame.
                              By the time Asylum rolled around, Gene was on autopilot and Paul took over the creative direction of the band for the next 5 years or so, which was by coincidence the nadir of the band. Eric Carr was underused on all those albums; the guy was an excellent player, but after Creatures never really had an opportunity to show it on record.

Revenge was quite good. Carnival of Souls had some cool ideas. Eric Singer can play.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Padre Atilio
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jun 2006

I have downloaded the Kiss cd and I must say Im impressed, only heard it one time but I definitely enjoyed it. So its worth a listen. Maybe its because my expectations were pretty low

Comment

Working...