X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Padre Atilio
    I have downloaded the Kiss cd and I must say Im impressed, only heard it one time but I definitely enjoyed it. So its worth a listen. Maybe its because my expectations were pretty low
    I agree.

It`s 100% better than "Psycho Circus".

Let`s not forget: It`s not art, it`s Kiss!
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2005

I like the new disc!!! I'm gonna buy this for sure!!!

It's better than Psycho Circus and this new disc sounds a lot like Revenge....

Nobody's Perfect, Stand, Hot and Cold, Modern Day Delilah and Say Yeah are amazing!!!

BTW am I crazy or "Never Enough" sounds just like "Nothing but a Good Time" from Poison hehehe
      www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Antman
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

It ain't KISS without Ace and Peter.
        When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
          BTW am I crazy or "Never Enough" sounds just like "Nothing but a Good Time" from Poison hehehe
          No shit.

It took me a couple of seconds then I realised.

Just like "Dreamin`" ripped off "I`m Eighteen".
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

So the new KISS album is better than Psychocircus and has tunes on it that sound like old Posion songs?

Man, I better scoop this new album up, but FAST!!

Kinda funny that one of the tunes sounds like Nothing But A Good Time, because the whole main/chorus riff in that tune is something that CC totally cribbed from the Ace Frehley school of rock licks to begin with!!
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I listened to it another three or four times.

The more I hear it, the more I like it.

So it`s dumb and corny, like we were expecting anything else?

I`ve panned these guys for a long time for living off their past so I`ve got be happy that they`ve at least done something.
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Poison ripped of Deuce's intro on Nothin' but a good time. So to review, KI$$ borrowed from Poison who borrowed from kiss who borrowed that from Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl. Sweet!
                This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Going off on a tangent with the Poison rip-offs... I always loved how Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick would call Poison out for stealing the riff of 'She's Tight' in 'Talk Dirty To Me', but he'll never acknowledge that the 'She's Tight' riff is a direct rip-off of Eddie Cochran's 'Something Else'.

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

just another reason Thayer is a scam..........

Q. Is Ace Frehley still in the band?

A. No, Tommy Thayer has been in Ace's spot since 2002. Ace didn't want to do it any more, had to tackle some of his demons. This lineup, with me and Tommy and Paul and Gene, has been the same since '04.

KISSONLINE.com > News > KISS & TELL INTERVIEW WITH ERIC SINGER
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

that question shouldn't have even needed to be asked.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                        Going off on a tangent with the Poison rip-offs... I always loved how Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick would call Poison out for stealing the riff of 'She's Tight' in 'Talk Dirty To Me', but he'll never acknowledge that the 'She's Tight' riff is a direct rip-off of Eddie Cochran's 'Something Else'.
                        Neilsen is one to talk, as he's never met a riff he didn't wish to cop. Here is but one example. Compare this obscure Yardbirds tune with Trick's "Baby Loves To Rock".

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X06P7SDPjdc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X06P7SDPjdc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jByQuXe3bzM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jByQuXe3bzM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Don't get me wrong, I adore Cheap Trick. But sometimes Rick Neilsen's mouth takes him to some fairly disingenuous places.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                          that question shouldn't have even needed to be asked.
                          It shouldn't have in one sense, but Stanley and Simmons weren't exactly forthright about it, either.

It wasn't like they were advertising shows post-2003 with the byline "Come See KISS: two originals and two imposters in makeup!!"

The band until the last year or so weren't going out of their way to mention that it was Thayer up there in Ace's getup or Singer in Peter's. Now, anyone with a brain should have known that, but I'd be willing to bet there were many casual fans who went to see KISS because they were an "event" band who didn't have the slightest idea...nor would they have cared much probably.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

been funny if they would have asked him if Peter was still in the band. burn!
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

anyone notice $cab KI$$ has new costumes right, well as new as they are, Thayer still has nothing original. His pants are a tribute to Ace's current outfit.

This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Thayer looks like Courtney Cox in a KISS costume. Ace looks like a ROCKER.
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...