X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Former KISS drummer Peter Criss has issued the following update:

"This is Breast Cancer awareness month...

In '08, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, but with (early detection) my great doctor Alex Swistel and staff and the Lord above, who always looks over me, I am cancer free today!!!

I wanted to let you know men get it like women do. Don't be afraid to let someone know if you have a lump. Do the right thing for you and your loved ones and get it checked. Man or woman, there is no discrimination with breast cancer... we all don't have nine lives.

Love to all of my fans."

A previous update from Criss reads:

"I would like to thank the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame for the nomination and recognition of the original KISS. As a founding member, I am deeply grateful to the Hall of Fame for their consideration. It would be an honor and a dream come true to be inducted."

KISS are among a dozen finalists for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Five of the 12 nominees will be chosen for induction from ballots cast by more than 500 music industry voters. An announcement of the inductees is expected in January, and the Hall's 25th Annual Induction Ceremony will take place March 15th at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City. Broadcast plans have not yet been announced.

According to Wikipedia, Criss struggled with drug abuse through many of the years he was in the band. Although he was always credited as drummer, 1977's Love Gun was the last KISS album on which he played throughout. In 1995, Criss appeared at the official KISS Konvention in Los Angeles that led to the KISS live performance that was recorded for MTV Unplugged. In April 1996, KISS held a press conference to announce a reunion tour with all four original members. The 1996–97 Alive/Worldwide Tour was an enormous success, and the reunited KISS released a studio album, 1998's Psycho Circus. However, controversy arose when it was discovered that Criss only played drums on one track 'Into the Void'.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Downloaded the new album. Gotta admit it's their best release since the 70's...
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I know somebody that went to a show here last night. I'll have to ask him how it was...Although he partys pretty heavy so his view might be skewed.....
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Holy crap... Sonic Boom sucks... boring and amateurish.
          Makes 'Hot In The Shade' sound like 'Night At The Opera'...
          Ace wins... no contest!

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

'Bout to check 'em out on Letterman...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

The singing on Sonic Boom sounds like KISS, but the music is worse than Lick It Up and almost as bad as Let's Put the X in Sex...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

They SUCKED on Letterman... can't believe I sat throw the whole song...

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

ditto. I've been a fan for most of my life. Not many KI$$ fans bigger than me. So I picked it up with little expectation. I CAN SAY WITHOUT DOUBT THIS ALBUM SUCKS!!! No ifs ands or buts. It is Hot in the Shade 1.5. It is Crazy Nights pt II. Late 80s shit. Not even the good late 80s. I thought Never Enough WAS Poison. I'm an animal and modern day delilah are ok, just OK but the rest is so bad. So bad. Pop trash. And not the good kind either, if there is any.
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by indeedido
                    ditto. I've been a fan for most of my life. Not many KI$$ fans bigger than me. So I picked it up with little expectation. I CAN SAY WITHOUT DOUBT THIS ALBUM SUCKS!!! No ifs ands or buts. It is Hot in the Shade 1.5. It is Crazy Nights pt II. Late 80s shit. Not even the good late 80s. I thought Never Enough WAS Poison. I'm an animal and modern day delilah are ok, just OK but the rest is so bad. So bad. Pop trash. And not the good kind either, if there is any.
                    So the Ace Frehley blows it away.....
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Sonic Boom is not even close to Anomaly. Ace's album rocks, period. And it is Todd Howardth free!
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Check out this live Ace from 2008. During "Love Gun", the drummer sings better than Paul live and Ace SHREDS!!!

YouTube - Ace Frehley New York 2008 - Love Her All I Can/ Love Gun
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                            sonic boom is not even close to anomaly. Ace's album rocks, period. And it is todd howardth free!

lol!!!

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

And don't get me started on the epic failure of the album artwork. The cover graphics are worse than any 1987 cover. In fact, it is in line with the dated look of those '80s posters of women's faces. Like these......

there was a series of them
                              This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                                Check out this live Ace from 2008. During "Love Gun", the drummer sings better than Paul live and Ace SHREDS!!!

YouTube - Ace Frehley New York 2008 - Love Her All I Can/ Love Gun
                                Love her all I can is a great song. Awesome version
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...