Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackassrock
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2004

I'm not saying it's OK, just that it ain't Tommy's fault. You, me, and anybody else here would step into those space boots given the chance. That's gotta be one hell of a paycheck, and the other perks have gotta be out of this world.

Also, I feel the same way as Indeedido about KISS. I grew up on it, LOVED IT, and am bored with everything they've done since the early 80s with very few exceptions. I listened to Sonic Boom... 'eh, it's not too bad. A far sight better than Crazy Nights or Music From The Elder, but nothing I'm in love with.
    It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Maybe Thayer just got tired of waiting for the much-heralded and anticipated Black N' Blue reunion to take place and needed some cash to tide him over...

The ultimate choice resided with Stanley and Simmons. Thayer is just a witting participant.

Thought Peter Criss summed it up best when he said something along the lines of "one tour, Tommy is the guy who took my dinner order and brought me my plate of spaghetti after the gig. Next tour, he's dressed up in the Spaceman outfit playing Ace's licks, and I'm wondering what the hell is going on here?"
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

It all really comes down to this- honesty. Gene constantly wants to say how much he loves Ace and Peter, but they were always high or drunk. How about he just says, "Ace didn't want to be a bit player in the band anymore, because he had music to make on his own, and that Peter had pretty much lost it as a drummer, as evidenced by his work on the original reunion tour, and wanted more money, so we went and got these others guys to play with and we're going to give them new makeup or no makeup at all."?

That I could have accepted. But when Paul keeps giving interviews where he says that if he left the band he'd expect someone to be the Starchild, or Gene keeps trotting out the "Tommy's been around the band 20 years" stuff...I see no honesty. They still managed to put out a good album, though.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

There IS a fundamental amount of dishonesty going on with Stanley and Simmons and the current incarnation of KISS these days.

The bottom-line reason Frehley and Criss aren't there is that by 2002 Stanley and Simmons got tired of listening to both of them gripe about why the reunion tour proceeds hadn't yet (after a half decade plus of reformation) become a four-way equal split. S & S realized that as long as the makeup stayed on and the show stayed the same, most people wouldn't give two shits WHO was in the band.

For Simmons to assert that Thayer somehow payed any real dues to now be impostering as Ace Frehley is bullshit, as is Stanley claiming that he would expect someone else to go onstage in his getup if he left the band (unless that includes Stanley still getting paid what he is now, I wouldn't bet on it).
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
            Bullshit! I'm a huge KISS fan, not many bigger than me. But I do not drink the KISS Kool-Aid anymore. They fill the fans full of shit and they all choke it down. I refuse to drink it anymore. Thayer is bullshit. Period. There is no defense of that guy and what Gene and Paul are doing. I saw Thayer in his other KISS tribute band in the 90s. I thought that was ok because it was billed as a tribute band and he did an ok job. But this sham that they are doing now is wrong. Any real KISS fan should be able to see it for what it is, SCAB! Take off the makeup and move on. Stop drinking the kool-aid, sonic boom is a piece of shit!

Man, that`s crazy.

You talk about Kiss like they would save the world or something.

They never wrote a song that ever "meant" jack shit and we all loved them for it.

Anytime they tried, like "The Elder" or "Psycho Circus", it was below par.

So "Sonic Boom" is a bunch of cornball rock songs?

Who cares?

If it sounds like Kiss, it is Kiss.

No matter if it`s Tommy Thayer, Bob Kulick, Dick Wagner, Rick Derringer or Robbin Ford to name a few playing the lead licks.
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• indeedido
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

It sounds like KISS alright, shitty early 90s late 80s KISS. I got no problem with another guitar player but this album sounds like those shitty late 80s/early 90s albums. If you like those cool, you like this album. I do not like those or this. Rick Derringer did a great job on those Alive II tracks.
              This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                It sounds like KISS alright, shitty early 90s late 80s KISS. I got no problem with another guitar player but this album sounds like those shitty late 80s/early 90s albums. If you like those cool, you like this album. I do not like those or this. Rick Derringer did a great job on those Alive II tracks.
                Well, it`s better than them doing nothing other than living in the past.

Having critisized them for that for a long time then I ve got to love it.
                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Heh...they are going to be in Gnashville soon.

Just as with the tour last year or the year before where they toured with Aerosmith, I have no desire to see them.

Last time I saw them was twice on the Reunion tour in 1996.

That plus the DVDs I have of the original lineup means I can derive all the satisfaction I need from watching them, as well as the memories of the 3 times I saw the original band live in concert.

Not interested in seeing a Fake Ace and Fake Peter.

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Here is some good clean fun for everyone. Put on Sonic Boom, and play the first few seconds of Yes I know, then play the first few seconds of Say Yeah. Tell me what happens.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

Questions:

How does the new CD differ from any of the other ones?
                      Did they still think that this is 1986?
                      Is Gene playing Bass at all?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Interesting. I checked ticket prices.

From the extreme ($995 meet and greet packages) to the expensive premium ticket packages ($225) they actually also have $17 nosebleed seats.

Pretty cool they offer such cheap tickets along with the out-of-control tickets.

No fucking way am I going to pay a thousand fucking dollars just to be in the presence of a pompous ass like Gene Simmons. I am sure there are fans who would, but I am not one of them.

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

I was a fan in 1977. But at that age we stopped going to see the circus.
                          Plus we realized that there is no such job as being a cowboy.

This band is the longest running gimmick of all time in music.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Being a real cowboy is a real job...

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

and a fireman too
                              This space for rent.

Comment