Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 1839

Thread: KISS News Bits

  1. #1521
    Veteran
    sonrisa salvaje's Avatar
    Member No
    14382
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    01-04-2018 @ 10:24 AM
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,063
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    451
    Thanked 423 Times in 287 Posts


    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    completely unrelated to this, I've been listening to a lot of Frehleys Comet lately. Second Sighting is really underrated.
    Man i have tried to like that cd so many times but it always falls short to my ears. Don't get me wrong..i will always have it to complete my Frehley collection. I find Live +1 to be really cool because of the live Kiss tracks he did. I would say Trouble Walkin' is the underrated album of his work. I always found it interesting that he did Hide Your Heart before Kiss did. While the lyrical content of the song is cheesy, Ace did a much better version than Kiss.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #1522
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,293
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,199 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    I've been listening to Anomaly a lot lately.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  3. #1523
    Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    DrMaddVibe's Avatar
    Member No
    938
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Location
    The West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,658
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 81 Times in 51 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I think most people are okay with the KISS lineups pre-96...
    Hmmm...Eric was in the band then.

    So...they just have a problem with Tommy Thayer then?

    That's funny. He's a very capable guitarist and on the last 2 records can play the role he's given.



    Bruce played the songs but added his spin to them. That was cool and you can tell it was his touch, but he earned that right.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #1524
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    The problem people have with Tommy the Roadie is that he's playing in Ace's makeup.

    At least Singer played with them for a few years as himself.

    Vinnie Vincent made up his own character. So did Eric Carr. They only used them for a couple of years, so if these two scabs can't make up their own characters, maybe they should use Vincent & Carr's, instead of Ace & Peter's.

    Now of course somebody might think it's in bad taste to use a dead guy's makeup. But not really much worse than what they are doing now. Thayer & Singer dressed up as Ace & Peter is no more authentic than Jerskmear's Mini-Kiss tribute band......

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  5. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

    78/84 guy (03-01-2014)


  6. #1525
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Va Beach VH Fan's Avatar
    Member No
    12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 09:49 AM
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    17,911
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,420 Posts


    Rep Power
    89
    Me and Pojo saw KISS when they opened up for Aerosmith in '03.... We got great last-minute seats next to the elevated platform stage left....

    Tommy came up there several times, smiling at everyone, asking "what's up?"....

    Seems like a really nice guy, for whatever that's worth....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  7. #1526
    Commando
    fraroc's Avatar
    Member No
    28650
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Location
    NY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,172
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 300 Times in 197 Posts


    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Me and Pojo saw KISS when they opened up for Aerosmith in '03.... We got great last-minute seats next to the elevated platform stage left....

    Tommy came up there several times, smiling at everyone, asking "what's up?"....

    Seems like a really nice guy, for whatever that's worth....
    And yet, there will always be those kinds of fans that fantasize about flaying Tommy Thayer alive and using his blood to attract sharks and have the sharks eat him alive for wearing the Space Ace makeup.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  8. #1527
    Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    DrMaddVibe's Avatar
    Member No
    938
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Location
    The West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,658
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 81 Times in 51 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The problem people have with Tommy the Roadie is that he's playing in Ace's makeup.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he did the very same thing a couple of times because Ace was either drunk or not at the concert.

  9. #1528
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Va Beach VH Fan's Avatar
    Member No
    12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 09:49 AM
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    17,911
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,420 Posts


    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    And yet, there will always be those kinds of fans that fantasize about flaying Tommy Thayer alive and using his blood to attract sharks and have the sharks eat him alive for wearing the Space Ace makeup.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with FORD in that they should have put both Tommy and Eric in new makeup...

    I was just saying that I don't think anyone is against Tommy personally, that's all...

  10. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

    vandeleur (02-28-2014)


  11. #1529
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    If it weren't for Ace and Peter reuniting with the band in the 90s, scab KISS wouldn't be selling jack. They were really not selling albums or selling out arenas anymore with Bruce and Eric. The reunion regenerated interest in the live show. That's why when Ace and Peter left again, they didn't go back to the no makeup version. They knew that fans were more likely to come see scabs in makeup than two regular guys.
    Seeing the original members of KISS playing together got lots of attention. But since it continued to do well with the so called scabs what it really meant was people loved the nostalgia of seeing the band in makeup overall. Plus none of us had to work with Ace and Peter. We love em as fans. Ace is who inspired me as a kid to pick up the guitar. I dressed like the spaceman for one halloween. I just think those two are difficult to work with to be honest with you. Maybe if they didn't have problems they would have remained in the band.

    That being said they are rock and roll legends. I think I'm against this Hall of Fame concept because it has put more than one band in an akward situation. It's like saying you are going to have to get back with your ex-wife again when the spit got real nasty and people got hurt and there is bad blood. Never a good idea.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  12. #1530
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    And yet, there will always be those kinds of fans that fantasize about flaying Tommy Thayer alive and using his blood to attract sharks and have the sharks eat him alive for wearing the Space Ace makeup.
    I read an interview with Tommy and to be honest, he really payed respects to Ace. He's not a member of KISS. He, Gene, and Paul make this clear. Gene and Paul own KISS. Tommy is a paid employee. Honestly, you know the critics of this guy if they had the same opportunity would be doing what Tommy is doing. I mean give me a break. Tommy can be fired and replaced at any time. It's called a job. He does what he's paid to do quite well.

  13. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

    DrMaddVibe (02-28-2014)


  14. #1531
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    And yet, there will always be those kinds of fans that fantasize about flaying Tommy Thayer alive and using his blood to attract sharks and have the sharks eat him alive for wearing the Space Ace makeup.
    Nah, I don't wish a violent death on the guy or anything like that. Hell, I don't even wish it on Chaim Witz or Stanley Eisen, who would be arguably more deserving.

    I just think they should either take the makeup off entirely (like they did for all the other non-original lineups) or else come up with new characters for these guys, and be honest about who and what the band is now, and stop trying to present this fraud as "the Real KISS".

    I wasn't crazy about much of the music they made between 1980 - 1996, but at least they didn't try to pass it off as something it wasn't.

  15. #1532
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Nah, I don't wish a violent death on the guy or anything like that. Hell, I don't even wish it on Chaim Witz or Stanley Eisen, who would be arguably more deserving.

    I just think they should either take the makeup off entirely (like they did for all the other non-original lineups) or else come up with new characters for these guys, and be honest about who and what the band is now, and stop trying to present this fraud as "the Real KISS".

    I wasn't crazy about much of the music they made between 1980 - 1996, but at least they didn't try to pass it off as something it wasn't.
    Chaim and Paul aren't stupid. They were smart enough to see the public loved the NOSTALGIA and were willing to pay for it. It didn't seem to matter that someone else was in the makeup. You wouldn't have the NOSTALGIA illusion if TOMMY Painted Zebra stripes on his face or looked like an evil clown. As long as the music is good, the fireworks blow, and nobody fucks up the choreography and they can sell this shit, all is well in zion. Gene always said KISS was bigger than any one member. He's right. KI$$ like money itself is simply a well crafted illusion.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-28-2014 at 02:52 PM.

  16. #1533
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Well, at least the zebra stripes would work with Kabuki style makeup. I think the evil clown thing has been done by some stupid talentless rap group though, so they probably don't want to go with that.

  17. #1534
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    I think Gene Simmons is a guy not to fuck with. He truly believes revenge is a dish best served cold. Ok. Dress like a Nazi. I hate it and I hate you but we need you to make money and I'm not going to risk jeopardizing the band by getting rid of you right now because it will make the drummer mad and I'm not in the mood to deal with that Italian hot head at the moment.

    You are a fuck up Ace. You are going to fuck yourself over and when you come back to us down the road, I'm going to serve you the cold dish. I'm going to expose you in my book. I'm going to make you a temp. I'm going to create a situation where you hang yourself again and I'm going to put the spotlight on your stupidity.

  18. #1535
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

    Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.

  19. #1536
    Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

    Mr. Vengeance's Avatar
    Member No
    9404
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,148
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 291 Times in 210 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMaddVibe View Post
    Weren't selling? Seriously? Most bands would KILL to have half of their numbers.

    http://www.kissfaq.com/reference/KISS-Sales.pdf

    http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/kiss/art...ales-worldwide

    The live shows that I've attended in California, Texas, Colorado, North Carolina, Virginia, New York, Toronto, Buffalo, Michigan, Florida have either been sold out or you had to look hard for the empty seats. One of my all-time favorite tours was back in 92 and they weren't wearing makeup for that one...The Palace of Auburn Hills was jammed and the Detroit crowd gave them a film worthy place to showcase what they were all about.



    Believe your own eyes with those "scabs" as they've been called. Playing off a really great KISS album "Revenge"...with those scabs...to an arena where...well, there's no crickets chirping.

    The reunion did jumpstart interest in the band but it was a nostalgia grab for cash and nothing more. Everyone on the inside knew it too. Peter knew...Ace knew. They weren't members of the band, they were hired scale employees. They soured the deal too. They both walked out before and were holding the band, the fans, the promoters for another renegotiated contract. They realized they weren't getting the band back together and they wouldn't be allowed back in. Actions have consequences. Part of what soured the fans was Gene and Paul getting the rights to the "Spaceman" and "Catman" makeup and likeness. Kudos to them...look at the merchandising they did after that! Ace and Peter let it slip from their hands. They took their booze/drug addled abilities and walked out once...held a "gun" to their heads and got the rug yanked out from under them. Too bad. I've met Ace and had a chance to talk to him. He's a likeable guy, but you KNOW he has substance abuse issues. Haven't met Peter, but had friends that have and they all have the same thing to say..."never saw him without a glass in his hand". Peter and Ace gave away the makeup and likeness they created. It's on THEM, not Gene and Paul. Do I wish they'd just keep on creating new characters? Yes, I do. They decided to stick with their formula...one that has and is working. What I'm hearing is a lot of jealousy and bitterness from a lot here about a working band that at the end of the day isn't ready to hop in a grave and push daisies. Sounds like by the way their tours are still being attended and even "Sonic Boom" and "Monster" are being bought...even in this digital day and age.


    People are STILL showing up.

    People still show up for Ace and Peter too. I've attended several Ace shows...he mainly plays solo stuff but when he dusts of KISS songs he helped create and wrote...he's smiling when he's playing them. I'm POSITIVE both of them love cashing those KISS royalty checks that they still get to this day. If only they would've sobered up and realized the opportunity that was given to them when they were given it...and time again.
    You gotta be kidding me with this shit.....You're WAYYYYYYY too caught up in KISS fandom if you're writing this much to defend them like this. I grew up with KISS, love KISS, supported them through all the changes, taking off the makeup, even that fucking awful Elder album, but If you actually think that KISS was selling albums or selling out all their shows before the reunion tour, you're out of your mind.

    I'm pissed at Gene and Paul. They are robbing the fans of what we want. And I won't spend one cent to go to a scab show. I bought both albums (I can deal with $10), but not one cent on a show. Take off the makeup, we can talk.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  20. #1537
    Foot Soldier
    Never was's Avatar
    Member No
    28556
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    05-10-2019 @ 03:03 PM
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    579
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 287 Times in 186 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Because Gene is money driven is why he would not make up the Nazi stuff. Frankly despite how horrible Ace played in his last tour if he could keep him moneywise it makes more sense and always have. The Nazi is admitted to by Ace and seeing as members of the band had relatives die in concentration camps the guy should have known better.

    Fully agree using the Ace and Peter make up is wrong, should have created new ones. That is a decision made by Gene and Paul so rip em for it they deserve it. Eric's make up is not even a topic as he is most admired internally and to use Vincent's make up would mean acknowledging him which they won't, so new make up should have been done. However calling Tommy is scab is childish and not reality based. He has done his job and done it well whatever it has entailed for over 20 years with the band. Other than Gene and Paul he is the only person to have worked the business and music side of kiss. Rip the decision and the folks who made it but a loyal employee for a few decades is not a scab who just jumped onboard to temporarily. Cut with the immature name calling of someone because you dislike someone else's decision.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  21. #1538
    The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    sadaist's Avatar
    Member No
    6381
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Location
    So CA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    11,625
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,789
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts


    Rep Power
    56
    Sorry, not a KISS fan. Have maybe a dozen or less of their songs in my collection. Seen them once just for. But which members are being inducted? Dont tell me VV is part of it. Id like to see all of them up there playing a song or two like Metallica bringing Jason out. Either that or the orig 4 in full costume while the non origs step aside out of respect for the founders that built it.

    Not playing at all kinda sucks but does avoid a load of conflict. Just as sam and mike shouldnt have played.

    All play or origs only. That or nada.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  22. #1539
    Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

    Mr. Vengeance's Avatar
    Member No
    9404
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,148
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 291 Times in 210 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Because Gene is money driven is why he would not make up the Nazi stuff. Frankly despite how horrible Ace played in his last tour if he could keep him moneywise it makes more sense and always have. The Nazi is admitted to by Ace and seeing as members of the band had relatives die in concentration camps the guy should have known better.

    Fully agree using the Ace and Peter make up is wrong, should have created new ones. That is a decision made by Gene and Paul so rip em for it they deserve it. Eric's make up is not even a topic as he is most admired internally and to use Vincent's make up would mean acknowledging him which they won't, so new make up should have been done. However calling Tommy is scab is childish and not reality based. He has done his job and done it well whatever it has entailed for over 20 years with the band. Other than Gene and Paul he is the only person to have worked the business and music side of kiss. Rip the decision and the folks who made it but a loyal employee for a few decades is not a scab who just jumped onboard to temporarily. Cut with the immature name calling of someone because you dislike someone else's decision.
    Stepping into someone else's makeup and presonnae, and mimiking his solos and stage movements is a scab. We're talking Ace Frehley, not some shlub dressed in a Mickey Mouse costume at Disneyland.

  23. Thanked Mr. Vengeance for this KICKASS post:

    indeedido (03-02-2014)


  24. #1540
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    Stepping into someone else's makeup and presonnae, and mimiking his solos and stage movements is a scab. We're talking Ace Frehley, not some shlub dressed in a Mickey Mouse costume at Disneyland.
    Exactly.....

    I'm sure comparisons were made between Ace and Vinnie Vincent, or Ace and Bruce Kulick, or Ace and that Mark guy who was in the band for a week or so, but those guys were being themselves. They weren't trying to "be" Ace.

    That is a huge difference.

  25. #1541
    Head Fluffer

    Member No
    25728
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    09-10-2018 @ 08:00 AM
    Location
    Delval
    Posts
    451
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts


    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

    Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.
    He did it. There's pictures of him all SS'ed up. Theres also one where hes with Paul who is wearing a Nazi hat and swastika armband.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  26. #1542
    Foot Soldier
    Never was's Avatar
    Member No
    28556
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    05-10-2019 @ 03:03 PM
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    579
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 287 Times in 186 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    So when Tommy was playing "Ace" guitar parts and Ace took credit and wore the make up not a scab.
    But if he is in the make up then scab.
    So for the majority of career with Kiss he was not a scab but now is, ok.
    But Eric Singer did photoshoots without make up so now he has Peter's make up but since he did those pics he is not a scab.
    Paul and Gene who put on costumes and wigs to be more the part of those identities are not scabs despite creating an artificial performance to resemble something they are not because they once were, ok.


    I get the Kiss has become a parody of themselves shots (and very true). I get the Paul and Gene suck for turning a band into a brand. I get tearing to shreds for the make up decision. I actually agree with Paul and Gene in everybody or nobody in regards to the hall of fame, but fair to say originals only as well.

    The scab logic sounds a lot like rules kids create for their imaginary clubs to keep the girls out. To each their own I guess.

  27. #1543
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    He did it. There's pictures of him all SS'ed up. Theres also one where hes with Paul who is wearing a Nazi hat and swastika armband.
    Well, then shouldn't Chaim have kicked Paul out of the band?

    I'm not Jewish, so maybe I'm the wrong one to make the distinction, but I would think that seeing another Jew dressed in Nazi crap would be even more offensive than seeing a drunken Dutchman dressed like that.

  28. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

    indeedido (03-02-2014)


  29. #1544
    Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

    Mr. Vengeance's Avatar
    Member No
    9404
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,148
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 291 Times in 210 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    So when Tommy was playing "Ace" guitar parts and Ace took credit and wore the make up not a scab.
    But if he is in the make up then scab.
    So for the majority of career with Kiss he was not a scab but now is, ok.
    But Eric Singer did photoshoots without make up so now he has Peter's make up but since he did those pics he is not a scab.
    Paul and Gene who put on costumes and wigs to be more the part of those identities are not scabs despite creating an artificial performance to resemble something they are not because they once were, ok.


    I get the Kiss has become a parody of themselves shots (and very true). I get the Paul and Gene suck for turning a band into a brand. I get tearing to shreds for the make up decision. I actually agree with Paul and Gene in everybody or nobody in regards to the hall of fame, but fair to say originals only as well.

    The scab logic sounds a lot like rules kids create for their imaginary clubs to keep the girls out. To each their own I guess.
    You're really reaching here....

  30. #1545
    Veteran
    78/84 guy's Avatar
    Member No
    12663
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Online
    12-18-2018 @ 05:11 PM
    Location
    MN.
    Posts
    2,495
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,331
    Thanked 409 Times in 302 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I think most people are okay with the KISS lineups pre-96...
    I think people are fine with any member that have been in Kiss. It's the clone makeup that has people pissed off at the other two. It's complete bullfucking shit ! To scam people that don't know better to make a buck ! Case closed. They should be ashamed of themselves, but their pocket book tell tells them something else.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  31. #1546
    Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

    jacksmar's Avatar
    Member No
    1510
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    04-04-2019 @ 10:28 PM
    Location
    Largo, FL
    Posts
    3,533
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 260 Times in 212 Posts


    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The problem people have with Tommy the Roadie is that he's playing in Ace's makeup.

    At least Singer played with them for a few years as himself.

    Vinnie Vincent made up his own character. So did Eric Carr. They only used them for a couple of years, so if these two scabs can't make up their own characters, maybe they should use Vincent & Carr's, instead of Ace & Peter's.

    Now of course somebody might think it's in bad taste to use a dead guy's makeup. But not really much worse than what they are doing now. Thayer & Singer dressed up as Ace & Peter is no more authentic than Jerskmear's Mini-Kiss tribute band......


    FORD, you couldn't carry my Paul Stanley Dimarzio loaded; mirrored Hamer Z guitar case. Go fuck yourself.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  32. #1547
    Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    DrMaddVibe's Avatar
    Member No
    938
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 09:19 PM
    Location
    The West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,658
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 81 Times in 51 Posts


    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    You gotta be kidding me with this shit.....You're WAYYYYYYY too caught up in KISS fandom if you're writing this much to defend them like this. I grew up with KISS, love KISS, supported them through all the changes, taking off the makeup, even that fucking awful Elder album, but If you actually think that KISS was selling albums or selling out all their shows before the reunion tour, you're out of your mind.

    I'm pissed at Gene and Paul. They are robbing the fans of what we want. And I won't spend one cent to go to a scab show. I bought both albums (I can deal with $10), but not one cent on a show. Take off the makeup, we can talk.

    I'll admit I'm a fan.

    I'm not going to let others say they don't sell records like they used to and play to empty seats.

    That's why I posted my reply. The figures are there and so are the vids to show that they're not.

    Do I wish it was everyone connected to the band taking the stage at the rrhof...yes I do. That's not happening though.KISS is in and they earned their place.

  33. #1548
    Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Hardrock69's Avatar
    Member No
    11017
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Online
    01-16-2019 @ 05:41 PM
    Location
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Posts
    21,488
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,458
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,593 Posts


    Rep Power
    61
    I threw out everything I had Kiss-related.

    This crap is the last straw.

    If I ever hear anything else about the Asshole Twins, it will be too soon.

    I will never willingly listen to their crap ever again, as all it does is remind me what a goddamnable fucking asshole Gene and Paul truly are.

    Fuck those worthless pieces of shit. They are not even worthy to smell Peter's shit.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  34. #1549
    Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    chefcraig's Avatar
    Member No
    3871
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Location
    "A Confederacy Of Dunces"
    Posts
    12,172
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked 4,051 Times in 2,582 Posts


    Rep Power
    69

    Cool

    Sweet, tap-dancing baby Jesus, you guys...

    Yeah, I love KISS, on up to that second, slickly recorded live album, afterward that dumb-as-a-box-of-hammers "I Was Made For Loving You" single (which I cherished for Ace's solo, only to find out years later it might NOT have been Frehley playing it ), "Sure Know Something" (yeah, right...more deep thinking) and some of the "Non-make-up" stuff.

    Fuck, I discovered this band while my mom was watching the Mike Douglas show one afternoon when I came home from school. Next thing ya know, I'm in a beat-to-shit Ford Econoline, delivering newspapers with that first album blasting through a crapazoid 8-track player, with one functioning speaker!

    Yet there is no possible way am I gonna put this oddball outfit under the scrutiny we normally reserve for acts like Van Halen (don't get me started on that inscrutable worm fest), Grand Funk Railroad or even Uriah Heep.

    Who gives a shit about musical or moral integrity from a band of twits like this? Yeah, Gene Simmons is pretty much a schmuck, and Paul Stanley blew his throat out around five years ago. Whatever.

    I'll still buy KISS reissue albums and tee-shirts at Target (on sale, of course), maybe go to a show or two, and ultimately not concern myself with the band's politics. Know why? The music makes me happy. And with a group like KISS, if you are thinking beyond that, then perhaps ya might be thinking a bit too much.

    And by the way, this is a copy of the shirt I wore to our work Christmas party, a couple years ago...

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  35. 2 users say thank you to chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

    DrMaddVibe (03-02-2014),SparkieD (04-28-2014)


  36. #1550
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    The original "Alive II" (available as a bootleg) was much better than that studio creation they eventually released under that name.

  37. #1551
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Va Beach VH Fan's Avatar
    Member No
    12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    04-01-2019 @ 09:49 AM
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    17,911
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,420 Posts


    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The original "Alive II" (available as a bootleg) was much better than that studio creation they eventually released under that name.
    You mean this one? ( Only the audio, this is mixed with Budokan '77 video ).....


  38. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

    DavidLeeNatra (03-26-2014),FORD (03-02-2014)


  39. #1552
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Yeah.... oddly enough, I was just watching it on YouTube and almost pasted it over here myself.

  40. #1553
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Maybe they should have called it "KISS: Live at Budokan". Hell, it worked for Cheap Trick (who ironically enough was probably opening for Kiss right around that time)

    At 44 minutes though, I'm not sure if that's the whole album. I'd have to dig up that bootleg to check. Might be though, because it does have the "studio" side 4, just like the officially released album did, so that could be the whole live portion of the record (since most "double albums" were only 60 minutes or so back then)

  41. #1554
    Commando
    fraroc's Avatar
    Member No
    28650
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Location
    NY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,172
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 300 Times in 197 Posts


    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I threw out everything I had Kiss-related.

    This crap is the last straw.

    If I ever hear anything else about the Asshole Twins, it will be too soon.

    I will never willingly listen to their crap ever again, as all it does is remind me what a goddamnable fucking asshole Gene and Paul truly are.

    Fuck those worthless pieces of shit. They are not even worthy to smell Peter's shit.
    See ya.

  42. #1555
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Sweet, tap-dancing baby Jesus, you guys...

    Yeah, I love KISS, on up to that second, slickly recorded live album, afterward that dumb-as-a-box-of-hammers "I Was Made For Loving You" single (which I cherished for Ace's solo, only to find out years later it might NOT have been Frehley playing it ), "Sure Know Something" (yeah, right...more deep thinking) and some of the "Non-make-up" stuff.

    Fuck, I discovered this band while my mom was watching the Mike Douglas show one afternoon when I came home from school. Next thing ya know, I'm in a beat-to-shit Ford Econoline, delivering newspapers with that first album blasting through a crapazoid 8-track player, with one functioning speaker!

    Yet there is no possible way am I gonna put this oddball outfit under the scrutiny we normally reserve for acts like Van Halen (don't get me started on that inscrutable worm fest), Grand Funk Railroad or even Uriah Heep.

    Who gives a shit about musical or moral integrity from a band of twits like this? Yeah, Gene Simmons is pretty much a schmuck, and Paul Stanley blew his throat out around five years ago. Whatever.

    I'll still buy KISS reissue albums and tee-shirts at Target (on sale, of course), maybe go to a show or two, and ultimately not concern myself with the band's politics. Know why? The music makes me happy. And with a group like KISS, if you are thinking beyond that, then perhaps ya might be thinking a bit too much.

    And by the way, this is a copy of the shirt I wore to our work Christmas party, a couple years ago...

    Ha! ha! the good old 8 tracks. You are right. It's KISS. He who thinks too much is a fool. LOL!

  43. #1556
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    05-17-2019 @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    29,408
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,149
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 2,689 Posts


    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

    Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.
    Interesting point of view. You would think someone who's mother spent time in a nazi concentration camp would send ol Ace to the emergency room for dressing up in an SS uniform. Even the most disciplined person would snap when with that kind of shit going on. I always found it amusing a band ran by two jews had a logo that had the nazi styled lightning bolt S's at the end of it. Then I read Ace designed the KISS logo. LOL! Oh that nazi Ace.

  44. #1557
    Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    indeedido's Avatar
    Member No
    1022
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Location
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Posts
    2,293
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 284 Times in 215 Posts


    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Chaim could have made all that "Ace is a Nazi" shit up though. Just like he apparently made up the story about Eddie & Alex playing on the demo of "Christine Sixteen" - because you KNOW his greedy ass would have put out that tape by now if it existed, knowing it would sell.

    Not that Ace wouldn't be incapable of getting drunk and stupid and thinking.... hey, how can I fuck with these guys? Oh yeah....they're Jews! Why don't I dress up like a Nazi and really piss them off!. It just seems odd that the story never came out until Chaim needed to justify kicking Ace out of the band.
    Paul and Peter dressed up like the Nazi SS officers too, plenty of pics out there. Gene singles Ace out because he won't bow to him and it pisses him off. Ace is as much of a nazi as Gene is. Jimmy Page toured in Zep with a nazi officers hat on, is he a nazi too?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  45. #1558
    Hindsight is 2020
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 12:02 PM
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    53,843
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 5,812 Times in 4,322 Posts


    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Interesting point of view. You would think someone who's mother spent time in a nazi concentration camp would send ol Ace to the emergency room for dressing up in an SS uniform. Even the most disciplined person would snap when with that kind of shit going on. I always found it amusing a band ran by two jews had a logo that had the nazi styled lightning bolt S's at the end of it. Then I read Ace designed the KISS logo. LOL! Oh that nazi Ace.
    And that's why I questioned what Bleater said about Paul also being dressed up in the Nazi shit.

    Because as pissed off as Chaim would be with Ace doing it, it would seem to me to be that much worse for him if another Jew did it. Especially one who had been his alleged best friend back from 1970 or whenever it was that they put Wicked Lester together. Surely they had conversations about Gene's mom and the holocaust and all that?

    As far as the SS in the band logo.... I guess they just had a dark sense of humor about that whole thing. The Germans didn't though..... that's why KISS albums released in Germany look like this.......


  46. #1559
    Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    indeedido's Avatar
    Member No
    1022
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Location
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Posts
    2,293
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 284 Times in 215 Posts


    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Chaim and Paul aren't stupid. They were smart enough to see the public loved the NOSTALGIA and were willing to pay for it. It didn't seem to matter that someone else was in the makeup. You wouldn't have the NOSTALGIA illusion if TOMMY Painted Zebra stripes on his face or looked like an evil clown. As long as the music is good, the fireworks blow, and nobody fucks up the choreography and they can sell this shit, all is well in zion. Gene always said KISS was bigger than any one member. He's right. KI$$ like money itself is simply a well crafted illusion.
    As a fan I just don't like how Gene and Paul sell this shit. They say "we've moved on". Have you? If you've moved on why do you continue to use the Ace and Peter makeup on scabs? That's not moving on. If you moved on there would be new characters. It is about nostalgia, I get that, but all they do is slag on the other too and merchandise the original four members on everything. That is the disconnect for me. I think half the crowd doesn't know Ace and Peter aren't up there. My brother in law is a younger guy, he had no idea.

  47. Thanked indeedido for this KICKASS post:

    FORD (03-02-2014)


  48. #1560
    Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    indeedido's Avatar
    Member No
    1022
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Location
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Posts
    2,293
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 284 Times in 215 Posts


    Rep Power
    21
    Ace: "Hey Gene, did you see this Jimmy Page nazi guy? WTF man?!"





Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ozzy on American Idol and other bits and pieces
    By Hardrock69 in forum House of Music
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  2. KISS to launch KISS Fragrances?????
    By Vinnie Velvet in forum House of Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 08:54 AM
  3. Hamas Scumbag Blown to Tiny Bits
    By Sgt Schultz in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 02:35 PM
  4. Prim America blanks out British TV's naughty bits
    By Seshmeister in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 09:51 AM
  5. Boortz Bits Of The Day
    By Viking in forum The Front Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •