Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

what does everyone have against psycho circus?.I thought it was a good solid album,The title track had energy and a killer riff,pauls voice sounded fantastic.Into the void was another good one,sounded like early eighties kiss.i felt the energy of the origional line up was real clear in that album
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
      what does everyone have against psycho circus?.I thought it was a good solid album,The title track had energy and a killer riff,pauls voice sounded fantastic.Into the void was another good one,sounded like early eighties kiss.i felt the energy of the origional line up was real clear in that album

Even though most of the original players didn't played on that album...but I agree with you...Psycho Circus is an amazing disc....and there's some classic Alice Cooper feel on that album, a big inspiration for them during that record sessions!!
      www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Mr Badguy
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        Yes, those songs ARE good.

So are "Within" and "Journey of 1000 years".

But the whole thing doesn`t feel right.

In the 70`s (and the 80`s) they were just making albums as they came along.

"Psycho Circus" is sort of manufactured to be LIKE a classic Kiss album.

I ain`t a big fan of Bruce Fairbairn`s work on the album either.

He did great things with Aerosmith but missed the mark with Kiss.
        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
          ....and there's some classic Alice Cooper feel on that album, a big inspiration for them during that record sessions!!
          Yes, it was a stroke of genius taking "I`m Eighteen" and rewriting it as "Dreamin`".

And I bet they thought noone would notice.
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

anyone else seen the $immon$ Dr. Pepper commercial?
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
              Yes, those songs ARE good.

So are "Within" and "Journey of 1000 years".

But the whole thing doesn`t feel right.

In the 70`s (and the 80`s) they were just making albums as they came along.

"Psycho Circus" is sort of manufactured to be LIKE a classic Kiss album.

I ain`t a big fan of Bruce Fairbairn`s work on the album either.

He did great things with Aerosmith but missed the mark with Kiss.
              That album was just a misfire in my book.

Instead of even trying to see what Frehley and Criss could offer, Paul, Simmons and Farbairn went ahead and basically did the album and brought in Frehley and Criss almost as an afterthought.

For me, the material just wasn't very good, and the best Kiss albums were done with either Ezrin or Kramer - strong producers who would tell the band when the material was weak and insist they hone it. When Paul and Gene run the album-making show, they tend to be too easily satisfied.

That's why records like Revenge, Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over and Love Gun continue to stand up so well even today, and fluff like Asylum and Hot In The Shade don't.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

KISS Announces First-Ever Fan-Routed Tour - Apr. 6, 2009
                KISS is celebrating 35 years of rockin' the world like no other band has ever done before. The legendary band, currently touring soccer stadiums of South America, announced from Brazil today that their upcoming U.S. and Canadian tour will be the world's first to put fans in charge of where their favorite artist plays. By partnering with Eventful, the leading social media company for events, fans will "Demand" where KISS will perform on their latest trek across the top-voted North American markets beginning this September. No matter where the fans say — from stadiums to cornfields — if there are enough votes, KISS will be there! And in order to keep the competition fair for smaller cities, final site selection will weigh population size versus total votes.

Today at the zero hour of exactly 3: 00 p.m. EDT, an official video announcement by the band's Paul Stanley, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer and Gene Simmons (see video at KISSonline.com) kicks off this first-ever promotion. Immediately following the video's debut run, fans across the U.S. and Canada can cast their votes at KISS Tour Dates in 2009, KISS Concert Schedule - Eventful to have their town included on the KISS 2009 North American tour. Fans will be able to vote, and check the tally of what cities are in the lead, 24/7 across the Web at the previous sites; as well as on KISS' MySpace and Facebook, Ticketmaster's KISS page, VH1Classic.com, and many more.

Even after garnering more than 30 gold and platinum records and in excess of 90 million albums sold worldwide, KISS continues to prove the band makes the fans their #1 priority.

"KISS has never followed the rules — we have always broken them. KISS has never listened to critics-we have always listened only to the fans," said Gene Simmons. "It's time to give back to the fans with bigger shows and longer set lists. And for the first time anywhere, we want our fans to tell us where they want us, and when."

Said Paul Stanley, "No band has ever given their fans the power to decide what cities they play, and no fans deserve it more than ours. We're leaving the next U.S. and Canadian tour up to the Army. When they stand up, they will be counted!"

Just for voting for their town, all KISS fans will have the opportunity to purchase pre-sale tickets prior to the general on-sale. In addition to joining in on the major campaigns launched by rock radio in each city, fans are also incentivized to create their own viral videos online, motivating their fellow residents to participate in casting votes for a KISS show in their city. City-specific "best-of" compilation reels of these videos will be shown on jumbo screens at venues before each concert.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

So can I assume that someone will be writing a voting script so that KISS will be playing in Walker's or Wooda's backyard this tour?????

+++

Also are there any decent clips up at youtube yet from the current tour in SA?

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                    So can I assume that someone will be writing a voting script so that KISS will be playing in Walker's or Wooda's backyard this tour?????
                    I think Wooda said if KISS played in his backyard he would skip the show... or maybe he said that about Van Halen... I can't remember.

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                    Also are there any decent clips up at youtube yet from the current tour in SA?
                    I can't see youtube at work, but this might be one

Proshot Footage Of KISS Performing Detroit Rock City From Argentina

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2004

There are a few reviews up at 9316 from a couple of shows this past week..

Set list from last night in Buenos Aires:

Deuce
                      Stutter
                      Got To Choose
                      Hotter Than Hell
                      Nothin' To Lose
                      C'mon and Love Me
                      Parasite
                      She
                      Tommy's Solo
                      Watchin' You
                      100.000 Years
                      Eric's Solo
                      Cold Gin
                      Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
                      Paul's Solo / Stairway To Heaven (Intro)
                      Black Diamond
                      Rock And Roll All Nite
                      Shout It Out Loud
                      Lick It Up
                      Gene's Solo (tried to fly but failed)
                      I Love It Loud
                      I Was Made For Lovin' You
                      Love Gun (Paul fly to the middle of the field)
                      Detroit Rock City

Comment

• indeedido
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

video blog from Ace, a little weird but hey, he's Ace. Preview of two new tracks, Ghengis Kahn and Foxey and Free.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9leuikfmLk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9leuikfmLk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                        This space for rent.

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I should have run that heeb over when I had the chance...
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2005

How fucked up is Tommy Thayer and Eric playing the characters of Ace and Peter...I still can't accept this bullshit!!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hellraiser!!
                              How fucked up is Tommy Thayer and Eric playing the characters of Ace and Peter...I still can't accept this bullshit!!!
                              Are you going to any of the South American shows?

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                Are you going to any of the South American shows?

Believe it or not!!! But no....their show here in SP was Tuesday....

I didn't went for many reasons....first was the money problem....the tickets are madly expensive here, and I already went to Iron Maiden concert here a few weeks ago, and I'm going to see Motorhead next week!!!

Second reason is really because Ace and Peter weren't there...I saw this band with original members in 1999...it was one of the best concerts I ever went, I don't wanna break the magic of that time....

Already saw them when I was a kid in 1994 too!!!

Comment

Working...