Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 2094

Thread: KISS News Bits

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Youngstown's Covelli Center holds 6,300 for an end stage concert.

Toledo's Huntington Center holds just under 7,300 for an end stage concert.

I didn't look up ticket prices. I think I looked up the Erie, PA show and the only tix available were on the secondary market. That arena holds 9,000 for concerts.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Interesting.

I'd have to imagine that since 1996, after 20 years of having performed in makeup, pretty much everybody who ever wanted to see KISS in makeup playing the 1970s catalog has done so by now. At least in terms of causal fans.

Plus, Stanley's voice is getting pretty knackered.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Interesting.

I'd have to imagine that since 1996, after 20 years of having performed in makeup, pretty much everybody who ever wanted to see KISS in makeup playing the 1970s catalog has done so by now. At least in terms of causal fans.

Plus, Stanley's voice is getting pretty knackered.
    A lot of us old school fans have stopped going, mainly because we can't take Tommy and Eric in Ace and Peter's makeup. It just rubs me the wrong way. If they had created new characters or dumped the makeup again, it would have been one thing. But to use the makeup and have Tommy copying Ace's solos note for note? That's just a rip off.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Keeping the makeup at this point makes lots of sense. It's like Slipknot, those guys are all in their 40s now but behind masks who cares?

The surprising thing is not having new designs for new members, you would think that Simmons would be all over anything that could affect ticket sales and that one seems a no brainer...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2018 @ 02:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Desmond Child (John Charles Barrett) is a hit-machine par excellence. Especially during the eighties almost no songwriters could resist his assistance.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

I think the term is poop machine ... Do you guys have doggy bags where you come from , you know to take With you when you walk the dog

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2018 @ 02:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Keeping the makeup at this point makes lots of sense. It's like Slipknot, those guys are all in their 40s now but behind masks who cares?

The surprising thing is not having new designs for new members, you would think that Simmons would be all over anything that could affect ticket sales and that one seems a no brainer...
    Yeah, they designed makeup for Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr, even though it only lasted a year or two before they took the makeup off in the 80s. And then played musical chairs with the lead guitarist slot for a while. Maybe the current scabs should be wearing their makeup if Chaim is too lazy to come up with new designs?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gene probably figured they'd sell more merch with the classic designs. He'd spend too much money designing new characters and may not get much of a return on his investment.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vengeance View Post
    A lot of us old school fans have stopped going, mainly because we can't take Tommy and Eric in Ace and Peter's makeup. It just rubs me the wrong way. If they had created new characters or dumped the makeup again, it would have been one thing. But to use the makeup and have Tommy copying Ace's solos note for note? That's just a rip off.
    That whole scab business bugged me too, initially.

My viewpoint started to change a bit after I got KISSology 3 and watched the various concerts from 1996, 1998 and 2000, and hearing Ace's abilities slowly waning. Plus, Ace left the group in 2001, or 2002 (or whatever it was). That was his choice to do so. As for Peter Criss, it's safe to say he wouldn't be able to have stayed with the group much longer than he did anyway even if Stanley hadn't canned him. The guy can't physically get through a full set, and hasn't been able to for close to a decade now.

Yeah, I'm an old school fan, too. And it also strikes me that having Thayer and Singer up there wearing the classic makeup is somehow wrong, even though I honestly think on a technical level Thayer and Singer are able to play the material much better than Frehley and Criss would have been able to by the time 2004 rolled around. I mean, for sure Tommy is copying Ace's solos note-for-note, but he is copying the technical level of 1970s Ace.

I also think the amount of old school fans who have stopped seeing the band over the last 12 years or so due to the scabs is probably less than the amount of casual fans still willing to pay money to see the band who don't really care as much. And I don't think the interest level these days would be much higher than it is currently even if Ace and Peter HAD stayed: eventually, the amount of people willing to pay money to see them would have tapered off regardless.

11. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (09-07-2016),DavidLeeNatra (08-13-2016)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Yeah, I'm done going to see them.... Haven't seen them since I took my youngest boy on the '04 tour, and happened to get on their tour DVD for a couple seconds....

Not really surprising if you subscribe to them on FB and know how active they use it, but one thing I do like that they're doing on this smaller tour is their use of Facebook Live both before and during the shows.... Lots of behind the scenes stuff....

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

My two favorite KI$$ albums are LICK IT UP and CREATURES IN THE NIGHT.
    I love Vinnie Vinnie. The 70s stuff was great but after Lick it up they out out a bunch of clunkers.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    My two favorite KI$$ albums are LICK IT UP and CREATURES IN THE NIGHT.
    I love Vinnie Vinnie. The 70s stuff was great but after Lick it up they out out a bunch of clunkers.
    Creatures was a good album.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Creatures was a good album.
    Vinnie Vincent saved KI$$ and in the words of Gene Simmons.... Vinnie could run circles around Ace Frehley. I guess he was just impossible to work with. I love the invasion albums as well. Prefer Mark Slaughter on vocals though...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Vinnie's problem was that he turned into a useless drunk even faster than Ace did. Not only got him booted from "KISS" but then from his own band, which then became a total cheese ballad bubble gum act.

I wonder how many people bought a "Slaughter" album thinking the name sounded "metal" only to find a bunch of songs for 13 year old girls on the record.

17. 2 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-18-2016),WARF (08-12-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Vinnie Vincent saved KI$$ and in the words of Gene Simmons.... Vinnie could run circles around Ace Frehley. I guess he was just impossible to work with. I love the invasion albums as well. Prefer Mark Slaughter on vocals though...
    I'd say by the time 1982 rolled around Vinnie certainly could run circles around Frehley. Like, you watch the 1983 South American footage, and Vinnie solos on Calling Dr. Love pulling off stuff that Ace simply wouldn't have been capable of playing in terms of speed and insane bending.

I think the main thing with Vinnie Vincent that got him booted out of KISS is that he wouldn't sign his contract with the band, assumedly because [Vincent] thought what KISS were offering was too low considering he was writing a fair amount of the material that ended up on Creatures and Lick It Up. That Stanley/Simmons were basically offering him what they paid Eric Carr, which was sideman wages and not an equal stake in the band financially.

Vincent has a reputation like FORD said of being a head case. He may well be/probably is. I mean, he left KISS to form the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and the band he formed it with kicked him out of the group and went on the become Slaughter (which, also like FORD said, was hardly a case of truth in advertising re: toughness of the name vs. sissy metal style of the music...then again, were I in Slaughter or any of those other bands I probably would have opted to make music for teenaged girls too). It's not a good sign of stability if you name the group after yourself then get kicked out of it. Apparently, Vincent hangs around Nashville now and has been involved in all sorts of shady financial dealings, such as taking payment for rock memorabilia and in turn either not sending the buyer the items they purchased or misrepresenting the items he sold. Things like putting up "his" guitars he supposedly played for auction, then having it turn out Vincent was just buying guitars off the rack of whatever music store, signing them then marking the price up 100%.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Kiss-Into The Void- '98

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ace Frehley at Electric Lady Studios-Guitar Moves

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

40 minutes of Stanley Eisen Whining about Chaim Witz

If you're bored shitless, it's an entertaining way to waste time. Sounds like these two were never really as close as one might have thought.....

Most interesting bit was when Stanley claims that it was he and his manager/boyfriend Bill Aucoin who "passed" on the Van Halen demo in 1976, in the name of "protecting Kiss", rather than not believing VH was talented enough to be signed.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I listened to it all maybe a first on here .... but it wasn't really Stanley tho ???

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It is...the audio book of his autobiography. All the Gene parts in one. There are two other versions about ace and peter. It's quite entertaining.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

24. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (01-08-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow ..... it sounded true just didn't think gene would let him tell it lol

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Did someone post this and I missed it?!...

KISS Is Now Selling “Air-Guitar” Strings! Wait… What!?!
    http://societyofrock.com/kiss-is-now...ngs-wait-what/

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Simmons is playing a solo show here, as well as appearing at the local Comic Con.

GENE SIMMONS Joins With WIZARD WORLD To Perform At Local Shows In Five Cities

Wizard World, Inc., the preeminent producer of Wizard World Comic Cons across North America, has formed a new touring unit in partnership with veteran music and technology executive Nick Turner. The new unit will bring vibrant live entertainment to Wizard World shows, building on the Wizard's initiative to create an atmosphere of a weekend festival at every Wizard World show.

Wizard World is proud to announce that the first venture of Wizard World Touring is a joint venture production with Gene Simmons by which the legendary KISS bassist and rock icon will perform "An Evening With Gene Simmons And His Band" and attend five Wizard World Comic Con events as an iconic star attraction in 2017. The club venue concerts are in conjunction with appearances at conventions in Cleveland (March 18-19), St. Louis (April 8-9), Philadelphia (June 2-3), Chicago (August 26-27) and Austin (November 17-18).

Evening concerts are planned on Friday in each of the respective cities, with Simmons on hand each Saturday to greet fans, pose for photo ops, sign autographs and conduct live interactive question-and-answer sessions at each Wizard World Comic Con.

"I'm excited to bring rock and roll back to Wizard World Comic Con in 2017," said Simmons. "It will be great to meet fans and perform for them in every city."

John D. Maatta, president and chief executive officer of Wizard World, stated: "We are thrilled to be working with Gene for our inaugural production by Wizard World Touring. Gene is a showman-businessman hyphenate, and there is no better entertainer whom the fans love more." Maatta continued: "We are working very hard at Wizard World to build it into a 'best of breed' entertainment/live event company. Wizard World Touring is another aggressive step forward into a sector that is extremely promising for us — it is a brand new day at Wizard World. We are very pleased to have a seasoned executive of the caliber of Nick Turner to guide us into this space."

The agreement is the beginning of a new touring unit spearheaded by Nick Turner, which will bring entertainment to Wizard World shows, building on the promotion's initiative to create an atmosphere of a weekend festival at every stop.

In Cleveland, fans can rock out on Saturday night, March 18, with "An Evening With Gene Simmons And His Band" at Agora Theater (5000 Euclid Ave.) beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets are available for $29.95 in advance at AgoraCleveland.com and WizardWorld.com and $35 at the door, with special meet-and-greet packages also available. Venues, times and pricing for other cities to be announced closer to those respective shows.

Wizard World comic and gaming con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character — and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor. The famed Wizard World Comic Con Portland Costume Contest will take place on Saturday night.

For more on the 2017 Wizard World Comic Con series, visit www.wizardworld.com.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

KISS Reaches 125 New Worldwide Licensing Partnerships In 2016

KISS, America's #1 gold-record-award-winning group of all time in all categories
    (RIAA), gears up in 2017 for a new European tour.

KISS celebrates another milestone, reaching 125 new licensing partners worldwide,
    adding to the juggernaut of all music licensing/merchandising entities' thousands of
    products over a 43-year history!

More at:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kis...ships-in-2016/

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Watch Gene Simmons Debut His New Solo Live Band

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-...-solo-concert/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    Watch Gene Simmons Debut His New Solo Live Band

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/gene-...-solo-concert/
    At this point, I'd rather see that, than Kiss. They sounded good.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    At this point, I'd rather see that, than Kiss. They sounded good.
    I might go.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pictures with Simmons at Comic Con are $120. Autographs are also $120. And it says Simmons won't sign guitars or basses.

Looking at the lineup, his pic and autograph prices are double most of the other celebs in attendance.

Tickets for Simmons' show at the Agora are $30.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Gene doesn't have a dollar sign in his signature for nothing.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Putting the CON in Comic Con...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Judging by the number of adverts I'm getting hit with, sales for Ki$$ at the local corporate enormodome for May have not been amazing.

I had a look on a query from one of the kids but I'm not paying $100 a ticket to see them.

No. No. No.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Pictures with Simmons at Comic Con are $120. Autographs are also $120. And it says Simmons won't sign guitars or basses.

Looking at the lineup, his pic and autograph prices are double most of the other celebs in attendance.

Tickets for Simmons' show at the Agora are $30.
    What's the cost of punching him in the face?

37. 2 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (03-09-2017),Terry (03-09-2017)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    What's the cost of punching him in the face?
    Probably worth whatever bail costs!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I bet that old Jew would do it if you paid him enough!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I bet that old Jew would do it if you paid him enough!
    You are a racist! Probably a closet Nazi who hates Jews.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You are a racist! Probably a closet Nazi who hates Jews.
    LOL says the altright fan of racists.

Go fuck yourself conspiracy tard...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ace gave an interview fairly recently where he said he and Simmons had hung out not long ago and talk on the phone with a fair amount of frequency, and [Ace] gave the chances of another reunion with the band "about 50-50" in terms of it happening. He didn't mention if Criss was part of what defined a "reunion" or exactly what a "reunion" would mean (a one-off, a tour, an album or what).

And I'm listening to Ace talking, and I'm wondering how many people out there now at this late date even care if Frehley will ever play with the group again or not. Like, how many more times do people really want to see the original lineup grind out the same old 70s KISS standards, particularly when interest in the present-day working version of KISS isn't really packing them in the numbers they were even 10-15 years ago. Like, would it even matter one way or the other now if Ace rejoins the band? Would that rekindle a massive amount of interest that would translate to a substantial amount of tickets sold above what the band with Thayer can currently generate?

I mean, shit, I LOVED that fucking band WAY back in the day. When I was in grade school in the 1970s, they were my own version of what the Beatles had been for my parents, you know? And even I don't give a shit anymore what happens to them (reunite with Frehley/Criss, record a new record, tour, retire) one way or the other.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

KISS LIVE Moscow, Russia - 2017-05-01

One quick note: the toenails on Gene's outfit are gone.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    They're playing at least one show in the UK in the near future, as well.

Thread Information