X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Could well be I never thought of that.

Why would Ki$$ be asked in the first place?

They hardly fit the bill at all for various reasons.

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      I agree, but the odd thing is nothing appeared at the "official" Kiss site about the signing, which seems out of step with the band's (read: Simmons) propensity for self-promotion.
      It was posted at their official site, that is where I saw it first. It had a link to CNN as well with the story. I saw it yesterday, looks like they took it down.
      Last edited by indeedido; 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
        It was posted at their official site, that is where I saw it first. It had a link to CNN as well with the story. I saw it yesterday, looks like they took it down.
        Curiouser and curiouser. Thanks for doing the homework, man. I hadn't checked Kissonline until this morning.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Too bad VH doesn't have the marketing tools and web prowess KISS has. Man they update their page every day, multiple times a day with info, fan input, etc.

Look how lightning fast they took down the MJ thing. That puts the ASS in KLASS!
          This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

'Monster' will be the name of the new KISS album.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Now I have seen everything....Kiss is coming to Riverdale to play for Archie & Co.

KissArchie Announced at the recent Comic-Con, Kiss will be teaming up with Archie Comics for "In your face tales of Kiss/Archie". Apparently Kiss will come to Archie's hometown of Riverdale in the pages of Archie #627, that will kick off a 4-part "Archie Meets Kiss" storyline. Yes, to the left is Veronica, Jughead, Betty and Archie donning Kiss makeup. I don't know about you, but the phrase "in your face" was not exactly a phrase that I equated with Archie Comics or any of those characters at
              all. To my surprise, it looks like others have visualized grown up versions of Archie as well. Here's a trailer for a fictitious movie called "Riverdale," with a new take on the Andrews clan - it doesn't have the naivete and lightness that I remember from the original Archies years ago, but I think it's well done in teen/vampire network style.

My path happened to cross with Mark Barkan, who authored the B-side of the Sugar Sugar single; a song called Melody Hill. I was awestruck at my discovery - he also wrote the Banana Splits theme as well as She's A Fool for Lesley Gore, and he was kind enough to autograph my copy of Melody Hill/Sugar Sugar on the Calendar/Kirschner label. That single was the number one song in Billboard in 1969, and to MelodyHill this day I still think Melody Hill is the superior track. Just days after getting Mark's autograph, Archie was back in the news with the Kiss team-up announcement. I haven't kept up with Archie as of late, and think I'll leave it that way. My bubblegum pop history and B-sides are all I need. If I want, I can gawk at the cast of Archie in Kiss makeup- at least we know what they look like without it already! My dark side might watch this trailer a couple of times. Am I not getting with the program? I don't think so, certain things I'd rather not revisit, I'll stick with my original preference... I'll take Melody Hill anyday!
              I bet Gene tries to stick his tongue into Veronica's asshole!

Someone oughta scan it off, replace all the dialogue, then re-draw some of the pages....

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Does this mean KISS will be adding covers of "Sugar Sugar" and "Jingle Jangle" to their set list?

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Think Chaim would dig Reggie's funky assed bass line there?
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

KI$$ pajamas anyone?

>Click<

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2011/0...ss-makeup.html

I bet Gene tries to stick his tongue into Veronica's asshole!

Someone oughta scan it off, replace all the dialogue, then re-draw some of the pages....
                      Who WOULDN'T lick Veronica's asshole????
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I wish I went on the Kiss Kruise

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

KISS To Release Remixed Version Of &quot;Destroyer&quot; Sometime Next Year

Kind of surprised nobody posted on this yet...

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/v...502/pid/400512

KISS To Release Remixed Version Of "Destroyer" Sometime Next Year

11-Nov-11

KISS bassist Gene Simmons has revealed the band's fourth studio album, Destroyer, is being remixed by producer Bob Ezrin, with a release expected next year.

The deluxe version of the rerelease will feature outtakes, as well as the original cover art.

Destroyer was released in 1976 and went on to achieve platinum status.

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Remixed?

From what I heard it was impossible to remix Bob Ezrin stuff as all the effects and everything are on the tape.

So Mike Stone & Sean Delaney said when they tried to remix that stuff for "Double Platinum".
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Interesting...

I'll grab a Torrent when it's released...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                                Remixed?

From what I heard it was impossible to remix Bob Ezrin stuff as all the effects and everything are on the tape.

So Mike Stone & Sean Delaney said when they tried to remix that stuff for "Double Platinum".
                                Well, not quite.

The thing Ezrin did was, he would mix the drum track down to a single track so that there could only be mono drums in all future mixes. That's why they couldn't make the DESTROYER tracks sound the same (wide stereo) as the other tracks on DOUBLE PLATINUM, which were all mixed in a similar manner to make them have a similar sonic attitude. He did also record the tracks so that effects would be on the tape with the instruments (vocals with reverb on the tape...not reverb added in post). It can still totally be done. Now whether or not DESTROYER needs a remix...that's another story. Album sounds pretty fine to me. But I suppose Ezrin could pump up the bass a bit and add some edge to the guitars...even turn the piano in SHOUT IT OUT LOUD up a bit, etc. What I would really like to hear are some of Ace's attempts at solos that never got used (Dick Wagner's solo in SWEET PAIN just never worked for me...too thin-sounding and not enough balls...the band should have showed some patience and let Ace do it right). Anyway, who knows if Ace even attempted a solo for that song. Doubtful.

I'm more excited for the outtakes. I'm sure there will be demos, but I would most like to hear the completely unreleased song (only available in crap quality on bootlegs), NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (with Peter on vocals). I think it's a pretty good track.

I'll buy this for sure...unless of course the band expects me to shell out $150 for a set containing postcards and action figures and other shit I don't need in the set.
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...