• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    I hope this works. Last tour.
    Yup...awesome stage as always!

If you ever get the chance Jag....if they ever tour with ACE & PETER again.....you have to see it.....vibe was INCREDIBLE...and they kicked so much ass!!!

Comment

• silverfish
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr Walker
      Ken Kelly's original version of the album cover for "Destroyer" was rejected by the record company because they felt the scene was too violent-looking. Also, the original version had the members of KISS wearing the "Alive" costumes.
      Bit confused - is the artwork used for Destroyer not the original Kelly version?
      Or am I just reading it wrong and it should read "...Kelly's version of the album
      cover for "Destroyer" was originally rejected by..."

I've never heard of a rejected cover but if there is one, I'd love to see it.
      Originally posted by sadaist
      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
        Interesting demo.....
        God of Disco "Nice Dick"
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

The rejected artwork was the one with the red cover and the 'Alive!' costumes.

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Matt White

If you ever get the chance Jag....if they ever tour with ACE & PETER again.....you have to see it.....vibe was INCREDIBLE...and they kicked so much ass!!!
            Yeah that would be awesome. It ain't KISS without Ace and Peter.

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I saw Kiss in 1996 with Ace and Peter. It was fun as hell.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

hopefully Monster will be like Revenge, except without a version of Every Time I Look At You.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

For some reason, I'll always be content to have seen them in their mid-1980's nadir on the Asylum tour, with perhaps 6,000 people showing up in a 15,000 seat arena.

Like, to have seen KISS in the mid-1970's would have been the bomb...but I was too young then to go (and couldn't con any of my older cousins to take me), and by the time Asylum rolled around, the band was in the pits. Went with a friend who had an extra ticket he couldn't sell. Tickets were only $15 back then, mind you. He asked if I wanted to go, on the condition that I bought the ticket. I was like, "Nah." After a few hours of him calling around and trying to sell the ticket, he called me back and offered to give me the ticket plus provide all the weed for us to smoke that night. It was only the latter part of the second offer that made me say ok.

God, KISS sucked balls that night. Encored with the most goddamn awful version of Won't Get Fooled Again I've ever heard (even worse than Van Hagar).

I was gonna go see 'em in 1996...probably should have...but whatever. I hate paying big bucks for nostalgia trips, and the ticket prices I had access to buying in 1996 were WAY too fucking high.

Anyway, like I said before, fuck Tommy Thayer.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• lesfunk
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My mom took me and my friend Drew to see the Alive II tour in 1978. It was cool.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      For some reason, I'll always be content to have seen them in their mid-1980's nadir on the Asylum tour, with perhaps 6,000 people showing up in a 15,000 seat arena.

Like, to have seen KISS in the mid-1970's would have been the bomb...but I was too young then to go (and couldn't con any of my older cousins to take me), and by the time Asylum rolled around, the band was in the pits. Went with a friend who had an extra ticket he couldn't sell. Tickets were only $15 back then, mind you. He asked if I wanted to go, on the condition that I bought the ticket. I was like, "Nah." After a few hours of him calling around and trying to sell the ticket, he called me back and offered to give me the ticket plus provide all the weed for us to smoke that night. It was only the latter part of the second offer that made me say ok.

God, KISS sucked balls that night. Encored with the most goddamn awful version of Won't Get Fooled Again I've ever heard (even worse than Van Hagar).

I was gonna go see 'em in 1996...probably should have...but whatever. I hate paying big bucks for nostalgia trips, and the ticket prices I had access to buying in 1996 were WAY too fucking high.

Anyway, like I said before, fuck Tommy Thayer.
                      Same here on many levels Terry.....

I remember stopping by my Mom's house & telling her about the 1996 show....

Her: "$85 for a ticket? Are you crazy???"

Me:" Just think of all the money you would have saved me if had taken me to see them....in 1977!!!"

It was PURE nostalgia...and worth every penny....the newest song they played was "NEW YORK GROOVE".......Love Gun & Back.....All of ALIVE....just a perfect show...never need to see 'em again.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Comment

• -=VH=-
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        hopefully Monster will be like Revenge, except without a version of Every Time I Look At You.
                        This is kinda what the band announced recently...
                        "I am a victim of the science age..."

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                          My mom took me and my friend Drew to see the Alive II tour in 1978. It was cool.
                          That MUST have been seriously fucking cool!
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It was funny. My mom with earplugs and a beehive hairdoo sitting in the nosebleed section of the Providence Civic Center in a fog of pot smoke. The stoners in our section didn't know what to think at first but they actually were cool and treated her with respect.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Same here on many levels Terry.....

I remember stopping by my Mom's house & telling her about the 1996 show....

Her: "$85 for a ticket? Are you crazy???"

Me:" Just think of all the money you would have saved me if had taken me to see them....in 1977!!!"

It was PURE nostalgia...and worth every penny....the newest song they played was "NEW YORK GROOVE".......Love Gun & Back.....All of ALIVE....just a perfect show...never need to see 'em again.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwDvvz4b4YA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
                              Like, until the last several years or so, the most I had ever paid for a ticket was $50, and that was bought off a scalper in a parking lot on the night of the concert for the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels 1989 show. Between that show and 1999, I just went to clubs to see bands play. It was in the middle of this period that KISS reunited, and the tix I had access to were like $100 +. NOT scalped, mind you, but purchased legit. At the time, I was like, fuck THAT shit.

In retrospect, I kinda wish I had gone...I would have gladly paid $100 + in 1996/1997 to have seen a reunited CVH live.

Instead of seeing the KISS show in 1996, I think I ended up going to a strip club that night and spending 3x what I would have on the KISS tix.

Better to have spent that to see a woman's titties than Paul Stanley's hairy, aging man-titties. At least that's how I rationalize it these days.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                                It was funny. My mom with earplugs and a beehive hairdoo sitting in the nosebleed section of the Providence Civic Center in a fog of pot smoke. The stoners in our section didn't know what to think at first but they actually were cool and treated her with respect.
                                The Providence Civic Center was where I saw KISS in 1985.

Small world, 'innit?
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...