King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

great show the other night! Stanley was a little hoarse but they did the whole set.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck Trent Reznor!!!

Inquirer.net: Much has been said about "The Downward Spiral" album and how your life was troubled at that time. But how do you maintain the passion to sing the songs in that record when things are different now?

Reznor: That's a good point ... I may not be the same guy I was then but for five minutes of that song, and probably an hour afterwards, it takes over. It's not going through the motions nor acting, you kinda become — I'm still driven by the same things that drove me to write it in the first place ... I wrote it as a cathartic way to get it out of my system, almost like therapy, and then when we went on tour I turned to drugs and alcohol and the songs spilled over and became me ... Now when I'm offstage, I'm not same guy onstage but it's driven by the same place. I'd never want to be Gene Simmons, an old man who puts on makeup to entertain kids, like a clown going to work ... In my paranoia, I fear that if I don't stop this, it could become that. Because it's nice to get a paycheck, and now the only way to get a paycheck is to play live, so it's all those things swirling around in my head.

Fuck this guy... fuck him and his stupid little novelty hit from back in the 90s somewhere... fucking turd!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

davehagarfan (07-28-2009)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Fuck Trent Reznor!!!

Inquirer.net: Much has been said about "The Downward Spiral" album and how your life was troubled at that time. But how do you maintain the passion to sing the songs in that record when things are different now?

Reznor: That's a good point ... I may not be the same guy I was then but for five minutes of that song, and probably an hour afterwards, it takes over. It's not going through the motions nor acting, you kinda become — I'm still driven by the same things that drove me to write it in the first place ... I wrote it as a cathartic way to get it out of my system, almost like therapy, and then when we went on tour I turned to drugs and alcohol and the songs spilled over and became me ... Now when I'm offstage, I'm not same guy onstage but it's driven by the same place. I'd never want to be Gene Simmons, an old man who puts on makeup to entertain kids, like a clown going to work ... In my paranoia, I fear that if I don't stop this, it could become that. Because it's nice to get a paycheck, and now the only way to get a paycheck is to play live, so it's all those things swirling around in my head.

Fuck this guy... fuck him and his stupid little novelty hit from back in the 90s somewhere... fucking turd!
    While I think Trent is a cunt, he is right on the money about Gene.

Gene is almost 60 years old (I believe he turns 60 in August).

The platforms and the makeup thing WAS ultra-cool at one time.

Not cool for a 60 year old. Gene looks like Grandpa Munster these days.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

we're in here somewhere in front of the mixing board...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,554 Times in 3,443 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    While I think Trent is a cunt, he is right on the money about Gene.

Gene is almost 60 years old (I believe he turns 60 in August).

The platforms and the makeup thing WAS ultra-cool at one time.

Not cool for a 60 year old. Gene looks like Grandpa Munster these days.

He's also doing Dr. Pepper commercials...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and "wacky" things on a (likely scripted) "reality" show.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-03-2013 @ 05:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

After following this thread on and off...... I had to listen to some KISS on the way into work today. My son is a big fan of Ace lately. I think he just like the whole Spaceman thing.

Started with some KOTNW.

Lots of early disco vibe in "Sure know Something".

Then some ACE with Cold Gin and Shock Me.

++++++++++

Also been listening to parts of Revenge again lately. Unholy and Domino still stand out for me off that cd.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looking forward to the KISS Track Pack for Rock Band that is being released sometime this week... 100,000 Years, Deuce & Parasite... all live. I read that "All tracks are original master recordings" so I'm hoping they are from KISS Alive!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looking forward to the KISS Track Pack for Rock Band that is being released sometime this week... 100,000 Years, Deuce & Parasite... all live. I read that "All tracks are original master recordings" so I'm hoping they are from KISS Alive!
    They say 1975 in the title. They edit 100,000 years down quite a bit. There is still a looong drum solo. The very end Paul still yells out "Rock N roll".

The Duece intro also seems different.

video previews here

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tbqRnElHUg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tbqRnElHUg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kv_pbQJi3s0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kv_pbQJi3s0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OmHzz5P9g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7OmHzz5P9g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 07-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-15-2009 @ 01:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser!! View Post
    I know...their boss have been acting like a cunt since a few years ago!!

Gene's not a cunt......Peter, Ace and Paul are

King Edtard
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-15-2009 @ 01:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I like it, but the production was thin and it was obvious they were running out of ideas. If Peter wasn't such a douche and they had to go the solo album route... I think the follow up to Alive II would have been killer... if they would have taken all the best from Paul, Ace & Gene's solo discs... fuck Pete and his stinky solo album.

As I said, I'm a pretty big KISS fan and honestly... I'm really looking forward to the new disc... I'm buying the hype that they just said fuck it... got together and bashed out some songs without alot of thought or pretense... they have nothing to prove... and I'm hoping that attitude will back up their claims that this is gonna be a great disc (btw, yes, I do have a few drinks in me).

But if I listened to KISS albums for their production I wouldn't be a fan of them

I've always felt the same way about a killer followup to Alive II. The thing is alot of those songs....Paul's especially....wouldn't have been written had they not done the solo albums.

Gene's solo album is the best.....I think fans just give him shit because he spouts off in the press and shit......it was a musical departure without coming out looking like an asshat like they did with The Elder

Paul's and Ace's are good....great in fact but they would have made better KISS records

Ace hasn't released a cool album front to back since then....his Frehley's Comet shit sucks on the average....most of the cool songs from the 80s he didn't even write....he didn't even write NYG

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    They say 1975 in the title. They edit 100,000 years down quite a bit. There is still a looong drum solo. The very end Paul still yells out "Rock N roll".

The Duece intro also seems different.
    I wonder where these are from.
    Maybe one of those Detroit 75 concerts that were thrown in the KISSology series?
    Definitely not from Kiss Alive!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

Smells like Thayer!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The editor of Guitar Player magazine had a chance to preview five songs off the new KISS album, which is scheduled for release in early October. He writes on the publication's Facebook page, "Paul [Stanley, KISS guitarist/vocalist] sings his ass off. Eric [Singer] plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene [Simmons] was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's [Thayer] guitars sound HUGE — with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."

16. Thanked Mr Walker for this KICKASS post:

indeedido (07-30-2009)

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-15-2018 @ 10:55 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davehagarfan View Post
    But if I listened to KISS albums for their production I wouldn't be a fan of them

I've always felt the same way about a killer followup to Alive II. The thing is alot of those songs....Paul's especially....wouldn't have been written had they not done the solo albums.

Gene's solo album is the best.....I think fans just give him shit because he spouts off in the press and shit......it was a musical departure without coming out looking like an asshat like they did with The Elder

Paul's and Ace's are good....great in fact but they would have made better KISS records

Ace hasn't released a cool album front to back since then....his Frehley's Comet shit sucks on the average....most of the cool songs from the 80s he didn't even write....he didn't even write NYG
    Sorry..that is possibly the worst analysis of KISS and solo work ever.
    Gene's is not the best one. Ace ruled. Paul's was good pop-rock fun. Then Gene and Peter's is last.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 09:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 853 Posts

Actually, I think if you took the good songs on all four of the solo albums and put them together, you'd actually have a fairly decent Kiss album.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The editor of Guitar Player magazine had a chance to preview five songs off the new KISS album, which is scheduled for release in early October. He writes on the publication's Facebook page, "Paul [Stanley, KISS guitarist/vocalist] sings his ass off. Eric [Singer] plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene [Simmons] was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's [Thayer] guitars sound HUGE — with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."
    I'd like to believe this, but these rags never say anything bad about people like this because they want to get them in their magazine to push sales.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2022 @ 07:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    I'd like to believe this, but these rags never say anything bad about people like this because they want to get them in their magazine to push sales.
    Because for KISS its all about pushing the product.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sad but true.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I love random KISS facts.

kiss : krazy kiss facts

some good ones.

63. bruce kulick and bob ezrin played the bass parts on "everytime i look at you".

62. jean beaviour (formerly of the plasmatics) played bass parts on "get all you can take" and "thrills in the night".

57. gene simmons played guitar on "plaster caster","almost human","killer","cadillac dreams" and 'great expectations" (among others).

56. in 1983, gene simmons turned down the male, romantic, leading role in "flashdance," in fear of hurting his image.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

53. right before joining kiss in 1982, vinnie vincent was a staff songwriter for the tv program, "happy days," writing all the songs that joanie and chachi sang on the show.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Anyone have an opinion on the KISS re-recordings last year?

I found them quite pleasant, in a relaxed kinda chilled out way. The drumming's a huge improvement, and a few of the songs sounded notably better even if a few didn't. And some (Lick It Up, I'm looking at you) sounded identical to the originals. It had a nice cover too....

Anyone reckon this might spark off a new era for KISS albums? Whitesnake's album was touted by many as 'possibly their last' in 2008, and we're getting a new one from then in 2011...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wonder where these are from.
    Maybe one of those Detroit 75 concerts that were thrown in the KISSology series?
    Definitely not from Kiss Alive!
    REgarding the Rock Band tracks. All kind of guesses going around.

At TTSucks I saw this:

From the ROCKBAND developers:

All three songs in our package were part of that Alive! tracklist. But these are alternate versions, recorded on that tour and newly unearthed from the KISS archives just for you. "Deuce" is from the Wildwood Convention Center in New Jersey, 7/23/75. "100,000 Years" was from the Orpheum Theater in Davenport, IA, 7/20/75. And "Parasite" comes from one of the most legendary shows on that tour - Cobo Hall in Detroit on 5/16/75 - a show that set new heights of pandemonium.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Elfoid_TFS View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the KISS re-recordings last year?

I found them quite pleasant, in a relaxed kinda chilled out way. The drumming's a huge improvement, and a few of the songs sounded notably better even if a few didn't. And some (Lick It Up, I'm looking at you) sounded identical to the originals. It had a nice cover too....

Anyone reckon this might spark off a new era for KISS albums? Whitesnake's album was touted by many as 'possibly their last' in 2008, and we're getting a new one from then in 2011...
    I was very 50/50 about it. In some regards, I'll admit that better recording values and higher production made the material sound better. At times. In some other songs, Kiss sounded fucking tired. I was hoping Eric's double bass was going to show up prominently (as was the case on Alive III) and disappointed that it didn't. A little more ass-kicking on those older songs gives them a brand new life, to my ears.

All in all, I wasn't entirely displeased with it, but I only put four or five tracks on my Zune. The rest I could live without.

On a personal note, there are two versions of Black Diamond - one from the first album and the other from Alive. Both are virtual perfection. I consider it classic Kiss' best song ever and the re-recorded version comes nowhere near either.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-13-2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yay, a KISS thread.

I love KISS <3

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    REgarding the Rock Band tracks. All kind of guesses going around.

At TTSucks I saw this:

From the ROCKBAND developers:

All three songs in our package were part of that Alive! tracklist. But these are alternate versions, recorded on that tour and newly unearthed from the KISS archives just for you. "Deuce" is from the Wildwood Convention Center in New Jersey, 7/23/75. "100,000 Years" was from the Orpheum Theater in Davenport, IA, 7/20/75. And "Parasite" comes from one of the most legendary shows on that tour - Cobo Hall in Detroit on 5/16/75 - a show that set new heights of pandemonium.
    You what's next? Alive! 1.5

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    IOn a personal note, there are two versions of Black Diamond - one from the first album and the other from Alive. Both are virtual perfection. I consider it classic Kiss' best song ever and the re-recorded version comes nowhere near either.
    Good call on Black Diamond. I always liked the extended intro they did LIVE.

Here is a little later version from NY 77

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScrE1Ti_hs0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScrE1Ti_hs0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and for comparison. 1975 from ALIVE. audio only

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqu989gxEFg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqu989gxEFg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

30. Thanked atomicpunk5151 for this KICKASS post:

bueno bob (08-03-2009)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looks like KISS is doing the Walmart thing ala Journey and a few other bands with the new release. You get a 3 disk package for $11.99, new cd, re-recordings cd & a live DVD.

New CD (Sonic Boom)
    Jigoku-Retsuden CD (Japan Re-recordings)
    DVD (LIVE from ALIVE 35 tour?)

Looks like the title is rumored to be "Sonic Boom" right now. No official confirmation yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just to punish myself I just clicked on the Pyscho Cirus mp3 folder on my work computer to listen while I am surfing the web. "Welcome to the show!!!!" lol.....

My other thought is why in the hell do I have this on my computer ? ? ? ? ? ?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-28-2010 @ 03:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In related news... KISS is releasing an official KISS Bingo game along with KISS M&M's in the near future... no BS!
    What's the demographic like at a new show? I mean who buys this shit? I'm a KISS fan and all but I stopped buying KISS cards when Peter left the band. In fact I stopped buying albums then also.

Who buys this shit? If my son said he wanted a KISS anything I would say no. That's junk son. You should buy more fuckin pokemon cards!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I cunt wait for KI$$ shuffleboard!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thayer did some interview up in Oregon recently where he mentioned the M&Ms. I think it is on the official KISSonline front page today as well.

I would guess Gene is on the Red, Tommy/Ace on the Blue, Eric/Peter on the Green. Maybe Paul on the pink? ? ? ?

BTW Thayer also mentioned a KISS reality show that would start soon (not Family Jewels). I would guess it would be something with them on tour?

++++++

Also I just tried to make it through all the songs on Pyscho Circus. I couldn't do it. Fuck some of those songs suck. We are the ones, You wanted the best & Raise your glasses...WTF?

Within isn't totaly terrible. I think that was from the Carnival of Souls session leftovers.

Everyone here was bashing Into the Viod early. I don't know, it is ok. At least Ace got to play on that one. I would have liked to hear the 5 other Ace songs that he submitted, but Gene, Paul & Bruce F shot down.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You know, the whole Psycho Suckass album...the only thing I can actually tolerate is Raise Your Glasses, and not because it's good, but because it's styled as an anthem...

So...the new albums supposedly called "Sonic Boom", hunh? LMAO!

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sonic Boom is a lame name from a bunch of lame clowns. I'm a huge classic KISS fan, but I can't go for this scab shit. What is the point? I saw a youtube last week of Thayer singing Shock Me. I fell out of my chair and wanted to throw up. That crosses the line. Make up is bad enough, but fuck, that is Ace's song! Sacrilege.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    Sonic Boom is a lame name from a bunch of lame clowns. I'm a huge classic KISS fan, but I can't go for this scab shit. What is the point? I saw a youtube last week of Thayer singing Shock Me. I fell out of my chair and wanted to throw up. That crosses the line. Make up is bad enough, but fuck, that is Ace's song! Sacrilege.
    Tommy's a hometown hero...I'm OK with him being involved with the band, for what it is. He's running through Ace's routine, and therefore essentially playing in a Kiss cover band, but Tommy's really active here in the city and does a lot for charitable organizations - he's a pretty cool guy, just living out his dream.

I keep my hate for Gene and Paul...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldNo.7 View Post
    Who buys this shit? If my son said he wanted a KISS anything I would say no. That's junk son.
    I'm gonna send him a bag of KISS M&M's and a note telling him not to listen to his dad. I think I still have that address somewhere.

crazzycat
    I'm gonna send him a bag of KISS M&M's and a note telling him not to listen to his dad. I think I still have that address somewhere.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 08:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Here's an oldie but goodie from 1974...that old broad "recognizes" Gene!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsa_VVK0c28&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

The Classic game of Bingo meets KISS.

Players choose a Bingo Card to begin the game. There are 24 numbers per card plus a free space in the center of the card. The numbers run from 1 to 75. Once the game begins, the caller selects numbers at a random and calls them. As soon as the caller calls out a number, all the players place a Bingo Chip on that number (if the number is on their card). The winner is determined when a player completes a winning bingo pattern (a line - either vertical, horizontal or diagonal, a full card (when all the numbers are to be covered or any pattern that the caller determines to be the winning combination prior to the game beginning).

The numbers in the columns of a Bingo Card are selected at random and printed according to the range - Column B: 1 to 15, Column I: 16 to 30, Column N (this column contains four numbers and the free space): 31 to 45, Column G: 46 to 60 and in Column O: 61 to 75.

Components - Tally Board, Bingo Markers, KISS Bingo Cards (20), Bingo Chips, Drawstring Bag with KISS logo embroidered on it.
    Playing time - 2-20 players (15-20 minutes)
    Features - Ages 8+, 2-20 Players

KISSONLINE.com > Home

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quite lame

Thread Information