Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 2102

Thread: KISS News Bits

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Disco Dynasty.... now with even more disco.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That link Mushroom posted all sounds about right, which is to say it all certainly sounds plausible and much of which had been confirmed by the band in several biographies.

For most of what I'd consider the classic Kiss records - basically the first album through Love Gun - not a ton of guest appearances or instances where people outside the band appeared...certainly not relative to Dynasty going forward. Some instances of, say, Paul or Gene or Ace doing guitar and bass on tracks they solely authored.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So...

Paul likes dick

Ace likes Hitler

Gene likes money

So... basically nothing new here. Guess she didn't have anything bad to say about Peter?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    KISS at the Australian Football League Grand Final

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The insanity of taking a 17 hour plane flight to lipsync a fucking disco song.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just looked at what tickets are available for their "final" show here...$25 in the very last rows of the arena. Plenty of unsold tickets, even on the floor. Decent seats for $100 too.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not even good miming.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I content myself with taking out videos of LARGO '77 and COBO HALL '75. I get more pleasure out of watching these in my home theater than paying a fortune to see a band lip-sync their music while claiming that their original lead guitarist could not cut it today even though he still plays actually live shows.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Just looked at what tickets are available for their "final" show here...$25 in the very last rows of the arena. Plenty of unsold tickets, even on the floor. Decent seats for $100 too.
    Saw them in...October 2021, in a 20,000 seat amphitheater. Saturday night show. Tickets then, two years ago, were only $50. I'd say just by eyeballing the crowd roughly 15 to 17,000 showed up. So, not bad, but I was surprised in that it was a Saturday night and KISS were charging about half of what comparable name bands were when they played the venue...I'd a thought just the concert being on the day of the week it was a ticket prices so low they'd be able to sell the place out.

Still, better than they had done the last time I had seen them in 1985 on the Asylum tour in Providence. THAT show stood out in part because that venue was about...I dunno, 15,000 capacity or so. It was literally half-full.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    I content myself with taking out videos of LARGO '77 and COBO HALL '75. I get more pleasure out of watching these in my home theater than paying a fortune to see a band lip-sync their music while claiming that their original lead guitarist could not cut it today even though he still plays actually live shows.
    I dunno...have seen clips of Ace's live smaller-venue shows over the last several years. From what I recall, he usually has two other guitarists onstage to help fatten up the sound and what he's actually playing sounds a bit sloppy and uninspired, although I would agree it does at least appear that Ace and his band are actually playing and singing live.

I kept meaning to see the band during the 1996-2000 period. Just never got around to it. For whatever Paul Stanley had to say about Peter Criss and Ace only being able to play the same 20 or so tunes during those years, it was decent far as rock band reunions went. The entire band was well-rehearsed and basically played about as well as one could have wanted or expected them to...they put the greasepaint back on and did their best to recreate that mid-to-late 1970's bombast. About the only reunion that was a bit better was Deep Purple in 1984, mostly because they were able to reform and record a good rock album - Perfect Strangers - that held up well enough alongside their classic MK2 material, whereas KISS and Psycho Circus...nope.

The difference between KISS circa 1996-2000 and today, beyond the obvious absence of Criss and Frehley, is that in the mid-1990s the band hadn't had the original lineup in 15 years and hadn't done the makeup in nearly as long. So that first reunion tour was special. Now, KISS in makeup playing 70's KISS music isn't anything special after the band have been doing it for nearly 30 years on a never-ending reunion tour. One would imagine any casual/'take 'em or leave 'em' fan has had ample opportunity to see it by now.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I dunno...have seen clips of Ace's live smaller-venue shows over the last several years. From what I recall, he usually has two other guitarists onstage to help fatten up the sound and what he's actually playing sounds a bit sloppy and uninspired, although I would agree it does at least appear that Ace and his band are actually playing and singing live.

I kept meaning to see the band during the 1996-2000 period. Just never got around to it. For whatever Paul Stanley had to say about Peter Criss and Ace only being able to play the same 20 or so tunes during those years, it was decent far as rock band reunions went. The entire band was well-rehearsed and basically played about as well as one could have wanted or expected them to...they put the greasepaint back on and did their best to recreate that mid-to-late 1970's bombast. About the only reunion that was a bit better was Deep Purple in 1984, mostly because they were able to reform and record a good rock album - Perfect Strangers - that held up well enough alongside their classic MK2 material, whereas KISS and Psycho Circus...nope.

The difference between KISS circa 1996-2000 and today, beyond the obvious absence of Criss and Frehley, is that in the mid-1990s the band hadn't had the original lineup in 15 years and hadn't done the makeup in nearly as long. So that first reunion tour was special. Now, KISS in makeup playing 70's KISS music isn't anything special after the band have been doing it for nearly 30 years on a never-ending reunion tour. One would imagine any casual/'take 'em or leave 'em' fan has had ample opportunity to see it by now.
    Yes, the Deep Purple reunion was basically the HOT-TO MANUAL of how to do it. PERFECT STRANGERS wasn't just some tossed-off reunion album. They STILL plays a handful of songs from that album. The song PERFECT STRANGERS is one of the greatest Deep Purple songs ever.

And those 1984-1985 shows were really strong. I love the Australia '85 DVD that got released pretty recently.

KISS were good live from 1996-1999. I saw the reunion tour, the PSYCHO CIRCUS tour and the FAREWELL TOUR. That last tour was...just not as good. The band sounded tired. Gene & Paul are assholes and try to blame Ace & Peter, but that's crap. I heard enough mistakes from Gene & Paul. It's bullshit when they claim they were carrying the band.

I will say: the REUNION KISS was NEVER as good as the original band from 1974-1978. That was their live peak. They've never sounded as good since as they did during the ALIVE! era.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Yes, the Deep Purple reunion was basically the HOT-TO MANUAL of how to do it. PERFECT STRANGERS wasn't just some tossed-off reunion album. They STILL plays a handful of songs from that album. The song PERFECT STRANGERS is one of the greatest Deep Purple songs ever.

And those 1984-1985 shows were really strong. I love the Australia '85 DVD that got released pretty recently.

KISS were good live from 1996-1999. I saw the reunion tour, the PSYCHO CIRCUS tour and the FAREWELL TOUR. That last tour was...just not as good. The band sounded tired. Gene & Paul are assholes and try to blame Ace & Peter, but that's crap. I heard enough mistakes from Gene & Paul. It's bullshit when they claim they were carrying the band.

I will say: the REUNION KISS was NEVER as good as the original band from 1974-1978. That was their live peak. They've never sounded as good since as they did during the ALIVE! era.
    I'd have to agree, if only because during the Alive! era it was new, fresh and the band were at their physical peak. The 1996-1999 tours were a professional, concentrated attempt at recreating the 1975-1978 period, and the band did do a good job...I did notice when I watched the KISSStory dvds that the band were a bit more complacent and less energized in 1999 than they were in 1996, but it was still good value.

Yeah, Paul and Gene really kicked their revisionist "We did everything even back in the day/Ace and Peter were along for the ride" interview blather after 2003, when it was clear that both Ace and Peter were out of the band for good. 1980-2003, [Gene and Paul] would make a few pointed barbs here and there, but it wasn't the full-on 'the other two original guys sucked' onslaught they undertook once Tommy and Eric were permanent sidemen. Whatever. One has a pretty good idea of who did what and that it took the original four to make it what it was. *

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stanley keeps mentioning they're done and that they carry 40 pounds of gear on them. I wonder if that means this is the end of the road for the makeup and that another unmasking is coming. They seem to like money too much to quit.

Almost went to the show last night, I got back from seeing Stewart Copeland in Erie in time to make it downtown but decided not to go.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    20 of those 40 pounds is probably the wigs on their heads.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stanley keeps mentioning they're done and that they carry 40 pounds of gear on them. I wonder if that means this is the end of the road for the makeup and that another unmasking is coming. They seem to like money too much to quit.

Almost went to the show last night, I got back from seeing Stewart Copeland in Erie in time to make it downtown but decided not to go.
    I think theyre really done.

Gene especially. He looks tired and worn out.

Not to mention Stanley's voice is really shot. He can't do any show without assisted tracks.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

From everything I've heard and read the Copeland shows are excellent.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    I think theyre really done.

Gene especially. He looks tired and worn out.

Not to mention Stanley's voice is really shot. He can't do any show without assisted tracks.
    I wouldn't be surprised either way - if they actually retired or just kept going - at this point. They've diddled around with so many farewell tours and 'this may (or may not) be the last tour' tours that - for me at least - it's beyond too late for goodbye.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From everything I've heard and read the Copeland shows are excellent.
    It was really good. Nice small theater and tickets were only $40 for the Sunday matinee show.

Copeland mentioned that all the songs were Sting's, and screwed up and called Sting "Matthew Sumner" and then laughed and corrected himself to say "Gordon Matthew Sumner." Gave props to Andy Summers too. Mentioned that we may have heard that Copeland and "Stingo" didn't get along. He brought a bass player and three singers, the rest were Erie Philharmonic members.

Summers and Copleland both had "vintage" Police shirts at their merch booths, they must have gotten a group buy lol.

Erie is only about an hour away, even as windy as it was I made it in an hour and ten minutes. My 2 door Wrangler got pushed all over the freeway in the wind. Cheap parking around the corner from the theater. I had a pretty good idea where it was, we usually ride our bikes at Presque Isle state park and venture up into downtown Erie and I recognized the neighborhood as I drove by. Stopped at Guitar Center on the way back but didn't bring anything home.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 10-30-2023 at 10:42 AM.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Kiss Announces Pay-Per-View Event for Final Show

Kiss will officially reach the end of their End of the Road Tour on Dec. 2 at New York's Madison Square
    Garden, and they're offering fans from all over the world a chance to bid them farewell with a livestream
    pay-per-view event.

The rockers' final bow will stream worldwide exclusively on PPV.com and also be available on pay-per-view
    via cable and satellite operators in the United States and Canada. The concert will cost $39.99 in those
    territories and $14.99 outside of North America. No subscription is required. Indemand, the parent company
    of PPV.com, will also carry the event through its network of cable, satellite and telco providers, including
    Xfinity, Spectrum, Contour, Optimum, Fios, DirecTV and more.

Full story at:
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss...ew-final-show/
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMFAO! I'd rather watch these kids play "live" on TV for $40:

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One instance where piracy is justified

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-10-2023 at 12:02 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

Kiss will officially reach the end of their End of the Road Tour on Dec. 2 at New York's Madison Square
    Garden, and they're offering fans from all over the world a chance to bid them farewell with a livestream
    pay-per-view event.

The rockers' final bow will stream worldwide exclusively on PPV.com and also be available on pay-per-view
    via cable and satellite operators in the United States and Canada. The concert will cost $39.99 in those
    territories and $14.99 outside of North America. No subscription is required. Indemand, the parent company
    of PPV.com, will also carry the event through its network of cable, satellite and telco providers, including

Full story at:
    That's not a bad idea but $39.99 is a rip off especially at this point.

Could someone in the US not just use a VPN to get the international rate?

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    That's not a bad idea but $39.99 is a rip off especially at this point.

Could someone in the US not just use a VPN to get the international rate?
    Yeah, $40. is squeezing the "last" bit of juice from fans who can't attend the final show. Do they have
    anyone who can do the (estimated) math - $40. x XX amount of viewers vs $9.99 x XXXX amount of
    viewers? Gotta think a lower price would pull in a lot more pays and it's not like they need the $$.
    Give a final "fan price" PPV fer fuck's sake. Prove we "love our fans" after all.

Even with a VPN I probably wouldn't pay $15. but would rather wait for a pirate appearance.
    Last edited by silverfish; 11-10-2023 at 05:05 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, $40. is squeezing the "last" bit of juice from fans who can't attend the final show. Do they have
    anyone who can do the (estimated) math - $40. x XX amount of viewers vs $9.99 x XXXX amount of
    viewers? Gotta think a lower price would pull in a lot more pays and it's not like they need the $$.
    Give a final "fan price" PPV fer fuck's sake. Prove we "love our fans" after all.

Even with a VPN I probably wouldn't pay $15. but would rather wait for a pirate appearance.
    They haven't needed the money for 30 years now. It's weird how insatiable they are about cash, I guess that's how they got successful in the first place.

It's like most self made billionaires are fucking crazy Scrooge psychos because a normal person would have just have stopped at 1% of that - $10 million.

Gene Simmons is going to be dead in the next 15 years. If it was because he loved the music or playing live then that's totally fine but it seems doubtful that's what he is about. In fact those prices prove it isn't because wouldn't you just want to maximise the audience or even thank your fanbase rather than add another 0.5% to your wealth?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    KI$$ was always about shamelessly going for the buck. The thing is they were up front and honest about it. At one time living big was celebrated. Now everyone wants a participation trophy and a free lunch.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Gene Simmons is going to be dead in the next 15 years....

But hey, he's gonna have one sweet ass coffin!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

pay-per-view event.

Full story at:

I call shenanigans on this. I'll say it now this will be the "last pay-per-view show before the next last pay-per-view show and then the final to the last to the next to the last pay-per-view show and then they'll pull a U2 and fuck off to a place like Vegas to play "their last shows" before the next round of pay-per-view shows. These greedy fuckers have no end in sight as long as their aging fan base continues to buy into their shit. Hardly a farewell show. Just another weak-ass publicity stunt.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gene Simmons is going to be dead in the next 15 years.
    Make it 5 and you have a bet.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    KI$$ was always about shamelessly going for the buck. The thing is they were up front and honest about it. At one time living big was celebrated. Now everyone wants a participation trophy and a free lunch.
    Others have made comparisons of KISS to Elvis Presley and The Beatles in terms of the merchandising. One person said something along the lines of how KISS wasn't initially about the merchandising because that aspect didn't really kick in until after the Destroyer album. I thought, well, of course that was true but only because until Alive! became a massive success people in general didn't give much of a shit about KISS and only really knew the band from their image. The first three KISS albums sold, what, a couple hundred thousand copies each at the time of their initial release? The band had effectively zilch in terms of radio airplay and I'd tend to imagine it was the visual image - the makeup, the special effects of their live show - that caught people's attention first. The only reason KISS didn't go the merchandising route in terms of slapping their logo on everything under the sun until 1976 or so is simply because they weren't yet popular enough to do so until then.

Don't get me wrong in that I certainly enjoyed their 1970s output then and still do. I could throw on anything from Destroyer to Dynasty and enjoy listening to it (less so the first three studio albums because they were poorly produced) these days, but back then in the 1970s listening to it as a kid the act of listening to KISS was inseparable from the image of it all. Like, when they took off their makeup in 1983 and Paul Stanley was then asked how he saw the band going forward now that they were discarding their image, Stanley responded along the lines of KISS's calling card having always been their music, which was either just plain bullshit bluffing on his part or a fundamental misunderstanding of what KISS had been about from the get-go.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I call shenanigans on this. I'll say it now this will be the "last pay-per-view show before the next last pay-per-view show and then the final to the last to the next to the last pay-per-view show and then they'll pull a U2 and fuck off to a place like Vegas to play "their last shows" before the next round of pay-per-view shows. These greedy fuckers have no end in sight as long as their aging fan base continues to buy into their shit. Hardly a farewell show. Just another weak-ass publicity stunt.
    They'll come back in 6 months and do a Vegas residency and say "oh, that last tour? That was called the End Of The Road tour because it was our last tour, but a residency isn't technically a tour because we're in one venue...we never said that last concert on the End Of The Road tour was going to be our last concert EVER...if people thought that, well, that's on them."

Which I kind of hope IS exactly what happens. I hope the band continue to perform and continue to allude to their retirement being imminent and the aging, wheezing 'KISS ARMY' keep emptying their pockets to go see them rather than, you know, paying for their blood-thinner/diabetes medicines. I hope Gene and Paul stop performing and are replaced by...I dunno, Joe Blow and Needle Dick and it's NONE of the guys in the original lineup onstage - just Joe, Needle, Tommy and Eric - and people STILL keep going.

Fuck it. Might as well bring out those hologram concerts. I once thought the idea of having holograms of people like Ronnie James Dio or Freddy Mercury 'performing' was creepy and classless, but why not? What does rock music have left to lose at this point?

Dwayne Johnson for President in 2028.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Others have made comparisons of KISS to Elvis Presley and The Beatles in terms of the merchandising. One person said something along the lines of how KISS wasn't initially about the merchandising because that aspect didn't really kick in until after the Destroyer album. I thought, well, of course that was true but only because until Alive! became a massive success people in general didn't give much of a shit about KISS and only really knew the band from their image. The first three KISS albums sold, what, a couple hundred thousand copies each at the time of their initial release? The band had effectively zilch in terms of radio airplay and I'd tend to imagine it was the visual image - the makeup, the special effects of their live show - that caught people's attention first. The only reason KISS didn't go the merchandising route in terms of slapping their logo on everything under the sun until 1976 or so is simply because they weren't yet popular enough to do so until then.

Don't get me wrong in that I certainly enjoyed their 1970s output then and still do. I could throw on anything from Destroyer to Dynasty and enjoy listening to it (less so the first three studio albums because they were poorly produced) these days, but back then in the 1970s listening to it as a kid the act of listening to KISS was inseparable from the image of it all. Like, when they took off their makeup in 1983 and Paul Stanley was then asked how he saw the band going forward now that they were discarding their image, Stanley responded along the lines of KISS's calling card having always been their music, which was either just plain bullshit bluffing on his part or a fundamental misunderstanding of what KISS had been about from the get-go.
    People who opened for KISS say they always were treated well. I always respected KISS for that.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    KISS were a bunch of clowns who were after your money and were out to fuck your sister.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    People who opened for KISS say they always were treated well. I always respected KISS for that.
    That is something several bands who opened for KISS (Rush and Iron Maiden spring to mind) and went on later to bigger success have all said, that KISS treated them well, much better than other headliners they were opening for.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Couple Killed in Rainbow Bridge Crash 'Planned to Go to KISS Concert'

The couple killed in a fiery crash Wednesday on the Rainbow Bridge at the U.S.-Canada border, which
    immediately sparked fears of a terrorist attack, were apparently planning to attend a KISS concert
    in Canada, according to law enforcement.

Law enforcement told CNN that the New York couple had plans to attend KISS’ farewell concert in
    Ottawa, but when the concert was canceled due to guitarist Paul Stanley recovering from the flu,
    the man is believed to have gone to a casino in the U.S. instead.

Full story at:
    https://loudwire.com/couple-killed-r...-kiss-concert/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That is something several bands who opened for KISS (Rush and Iron Maiden spring to mind) and went on later to bigger success have all said, that KISS treated them well, much better than other headliners they were opening for.
    I'm the first to criticise Simmons in particular so was pretty surprised to hear that too from Rush - Kiss did treat them well over more than one tour I think.

Seems like such a weird match-up although maybe a bit less so in the mid 70s when it happened.

"Regardless of what you want to say about Kiss, musically or otherwise, there was no harder working band than Kiss. And there was no band more determined to put on a spectacular show and give people their money's worth, than Kiss!!

Their current tour may be the last time to see them and I'm overjoyed to have been able to take 2 of my kids to that show! I was blown away!! It was fantastic! I'm a fan of their music, so it was great that way, but the spectacle was amazing! Especially the lights! What a night!"

Geddy Lee

Thread Information